+ Reply to thread

Thread: Playboy for Sale

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Playboy for Sale

Hugh Hefner is shopping the PLayboy Empire. Market price is US$100M, he is asking for $300M. He owns 70% of the stock.

OK, I will put $20,000 into the deal. Who's with me on this?
    Just assume that everything I say is sarcastic.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: Playboy for Sale

Hmmm......does the mansion come in the deal? I mean I'm not throwing Hef out onto the street, no way.

Either way, 'scuse me while I go buy a powerball ticket.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yes the Mansion is home of a lot of production facilities. The next-door mansion Hef kept for his ex- is not part of the deal. It was sold last year.
    Just assume that everything I say is sarcastic.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Like many other assets these days, the asking price is grossly out of line with the actual value of the property. Hef is asking $300 million for a company whose current market valuation is only $100 million.

When your share price is $2.87, you don't successfully "market" your company for sale by saying that you'll take $8.50.

That being said, if I win the Powerball tonight, I'd be in a position to pony up roughly $40 million of that $100 million real price. With a 40% ownership, I think I can spend a lot of time in the mansion, and even though I'm a fat old hairy bald man, I can probably get a lot of tail.

And frankly, I honestly wouldn't give a shit if I made my money back on it. I'm not interested in the game of accumulating as much money as possible. I only want enough to live comfortably before I die.

Oh, and henceforth, we would no longer have plastic blondes being over 90% of the playmates. Real tits, real faces, please.
    I reserve the right to be bothered by things that don't faze you,
    and to cheerfully ignore things that bug the shit out of you.
    I am not you.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

How much for Crystal McCahill?
    No cage, thank you. I'm a human being.

+ Reply to thread