Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Deviled Eggs are Gross

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Deviled Eggs are Gross

Quote Originally posted by BiblioCat
    Quote Originally posted by Eleanor of Aquitaine
    On holidays my mom makes a big platter of deviled eggs. Ever since we were kids she has included a few plain empty half-eggs for myself and my siblings, because we don't eat the yellow part. Seems a bit ridiculous now that we're all in our 30's. But we still don't eat the yellow part.
    When my kids were little, they didn't like the yolks, either, and whoever was making the deviled eggs would always include a few plain, scooped out egg halves for them.
    The yellow part is the good part!
    Wow. This satisfies some curiosity I experienced last weekend: I was at my sister's house for a Memorial Day barbecue, and the person who brought deviled eggs actually brought two bowls: one full of scooped out, hard-boiled whites, one full of the yolk-mayo-seasoning mixture. So you would put the egg whites on a plate and then load in as much filling as you liked.

I wondered why anyone would do it this way. I guess this post answers the question.
    Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by norinew
    Wow. This satisfies some curiosity I experienced last weekend: I was at my sister's house for a Memorial Day barbecue, and the person who brought deviled eggs actually brought two bowls: one full of scooped out, hard-boiled whites, one full of the yolk-mayo-seasoning mixture. So you would put the egg whites on a plate and then load in as much filling as you liked.

I wondered why anyone would do it this way. I guess this post answers the question.
    My kids always just ate the plain egg white halves - they never filled them with anything. My son did go through a phase where he put ketchup on them, but he got over that.
    I'm not good at the advice. Can I offer you a sarcastic comment instead?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Hate deviled eggs? Try mine. No mustard - instead you hard boil a dozen eggs, then cut them in half, scoop out the yolk, mix it with about 2 tbsp mayo (more or less, to taste), and the key - you add a can of SALMON. Mix the salmon, yolk, and mayo together, scoop it into the eggs, and top with paprika.

Let's call it Ella's Salmon Eggs. Seriously, this was my dad's recipe. I have no idea where he got it.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Seattle Slow
    Hate deviled eggs? Try mine. No mustard - instead you hard boil a dozen eggs, then cut them in half, scoop out the yolk, mix it with about 2 tbsp mayo (more or less, to taste), and the key - you add a can of SALMON. Mix the salmon, yolk, and mayo together, scoop it into the eggs, and top with paprika.

Let's call it Ella's Salmon Eggs. Seriously, this was my dad's recipe. I have no idea where he got it.
    A much better name than Eggs Salmon Ella.
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Seattle Slow

This sounds wonderful. And I like the name Eggs Salmon Ella.
    I'm not good at the advice. Can I offer you a sarcastic comment instead?

+ Reply to thread