+ Reply to thread

Thread: 100 Hits A Day!!! Thanks, Domers!!!!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default 100 Hits A Day!!! Thanks, Domers!!!!

First off, I know some of y'all have left the Dope for good, and some of you post both places.

That doesn't matter to me.

Any more.

It used to, when y'all first split, but now that I know that you didn't split away from me, it makes it okay.

Thanks in large part to my "bro" Johnny LA, my Early Onset Alzheimer's blog for the first time averaged 100 hits a day yesterday, and that just "sends me, Baby!"

Hell, I know a hundred hits a day is a "drop in the bucket" when compared to other blogs, but it's a veritable "Tidal Wave" to me! :smile:

In addition I have 22 "Followers", and to me that is just astounding!

I have said before that a year ago, you'd have seen a different Bill: Fiercely independent, cocky, and very much a joker.

It isn't that way anymore, kids.

Today, I am unsure and frightened, and it is largely through y'all that I have managed to "hold it together".

Remember that old Moody Blues tune that goes, "I know you're out there somewhere......"?

That is how I have been "managing": just pretending that just over the top of my monitor there's Johnny and all the rest of you.

I have to imagine that, because not to do so would mean I'm totally alone, and one of the most-quoted slogans about Alzheimer's is "You are not alone!"

So.

Thanks for always being here for me. I don't know what's down the road for me, but if I have y'all to talk to , I know I won't have to walk down that road alone.

I love y'all

Bill Craig
    Please visit my Dementia/Depression Blog at http://www.wheretobud.blogspot.com Because of troll activity, it is now by invitation only. So if you'd like to read, please PM me, thanks.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: 100 Hits A Day!!! Thanks, Domers!!!!

Quote Originally posted by Quasi
    That is how I have been "managing": just pretending that just over the top of my monitor there's Johnny and all the rest of you.
    Are we there right now? So... You have all of these friends that you talk to and they talk back, but you can't see them? (Psst! Everybody! Bill's got imaginary friends!)

Just messin' with you, Bill!

Keep on keeping on. We're here for you. :smile:
    'Never say "no" to adventure. Always say "yes". Otherwise you'll lead a very dull life.' -- Commander Caractacus Pott, R.N. (Retired)

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: 100 Hits A Day!!! Thanks, Domers!!!!

I know ya are, Johnny, and I'm lovin' bein' "messed with"!

Bill
    Please visit my Dementia/Depression Blog at http://www.wheretobud.blogspot.com Because of troll activity, it is now by invitation only. So if you'd like to read, please PM me, thanks.

+ Reply to thread