Mar 2009

Default Germany or Florida?

Things are sick and twisted
    From too much sun and Nazis
    Sex, meth, and death fetishes
    Both of them have got these
    Guaranteed not to bore ya
    Germany or Florida

This was an old game they used to play on the radio program Loveline, popularized by Adam Carolla. They figured out that almost all bizarre stories of the weird and macabre eminated from two places, Germany or Florida. People would call the show and read these odd stories then the hosts would try to figure out if the story came from Germany or Florida. The guesses weren't arbitrary either. They would have to pull small clues from the story and piece together a conclusion before finding out if they are right or wrong.

Okay, I'll start!

A 44-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of killing three of her babies after their bodies were discovered in the family freezer by her grown children looking for pizza, police said Monday.

Police confirmed the grisly find Sunday night in the town of (Germany/Florida) after the woman turned herself in, officials said.
    The three infants are believed to have been born alive, but authorities were awaiting autopsy results to determine how they died, said a spokesman for prosecutors investigating the case.

The woman, her 47-year-old husband and three adult children — two sons, aged 18 and 22, and a 24-year-old daughter — have lived in the town in a single-family home since 1984.

The children discovered the frozen babies on Saturday afternoon while their parents were away for the weekend, investigator MF said.

The 18-year-old and his sister had been looking for a frozen pizza and came across a lot of expired food so decided to clean out the freezer.

The teenager then found three identical packets on the bottom of the freezer and opened one and saw the head and arm of an infant that was wrapped in a hand towel, police said.

The children confronted their parents when they returned home Sunday, and the couple and their daughter then went to police together to tell authorities, said HF, head of the police investigation, at a news conference.

The corpulent woman apparently concealed the three pregnancies, believed to have been in the 1980s, not only from neighbors but also her own family, F said.

"It sounds unbelievable, but there are examples showing such things are possible," he said.

The news of the discovery took other residents aback.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Germany or Florida?

My Guess:
    [spoiler:ht79v25a]Germany[/spoiler:ht79v25a]
    "Dude, your statistical average, which was already in the toilet, just took a plunge into the Earth's mantle." ~ iampunha

Registered
    Feb 2009

Living in Germany, I usually read about these things while they are in the news. I knew your story, for example.

XJETGIRLX

I grew up in Germany, and now I live in Florida. I guess that explains a lot.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Authorities said a woman wasn't wearing any clothes when she knocked on stranger's door in the middle of the night to ask for cigarettes. The (Town in Germany/Florida's Police) reported that the woman, 52, went to the strange home early Friday morning. Deputies found her a short time later walking through a mobile home park wearing only boxer shorts.
    I think this thread should go to the Game Room, It might get more interest there. I'll report it for ya.
    "Dude, your statistical average, which was already in the toilet, just took a plunge into the Earth's mantle." ~ iampunha

Libertarian Autocrat Vox Imperatoris's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I think someone's forgetting Austria. :wink:

I have to say my first guess was Florida on the freezer babies,
    Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
    Return of Blümchen! (To my Avatar spot.)
    Last.fm Pandora Political Compass
    Mentes Liberae et Mercatūs Liberi

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by RoOsh
    I think this thread should go to the Game Room, It might get more interest there. I'll report it for ya.
    [modhatinj9vob]Agreed, I have moved it over.[/modhatinj9vob]

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Vox Imperatoris
    Wow, with that winking face, I was not expecting to read that in the link. Sheesh.

Libertarian Autocrat Vox Imperatoris's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by RoOsh
    Quote Originally posted by Vox Imperatoris
    Wow, with that winking face, I was not expecting to read that in the link. Sheesh.
    That story was everywhere. I'd thought everyone would have heard of it.
    Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
    Return of Blümchen! (To my Avatar spot.)
    Last.fm Pandora Political Compass
    Mentes Liberae et Mercatūs Liberi

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Though I thought that case happened here in the US.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

May 17, 1924:
    Two youths discover a human skull in XXXXXXX. And although two more skulls are found a month later, police ignore it until a sackful of bones turn up on the riverbank. Dragging the river yields another 500 bones, belonging to about 27 victims. Eventually, police arrest XXXXX XXXXXX for the crimes. He would lure runaway boys back to his apartment, where they would be raped, killed, and cut into steaks, which he then sold as beef. All told, he killed between 40 and 50 boys.

Germany or Florida?
    No cage, thank you. I'm a human being.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by sublight
    May 17, 1924:
    Two youths discover a human skull in XXXXXXX. And although two more skulls are found a month later, police ignore it until a sackful of bones turn up on the riverbank. Dragging the river yields another 500 bones, belonging to about 27 victims. Eventually, police arrest XXXXX XXXXXX for the crimes. He would lure runaway boys back to his apartment, where they would be raped, killed, and cut into steaks, which he then sold as beef. All told, he killed between 40 and 50 boys.

Germany or Florida?

Germany. (But if I'm right it's only because I remember reading something about this.)

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by OtakuLoki
    Quote Originally posted by sublight
    May 17, 1924:

Germany or Florida?

Germany. (But if I'm right it's only because I remember reading something about this.)
    Yep, Fritz Haarmann

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

From this week's Fark.

1. School is hit by lightning. Students are ordered to evacuate for safety reasons, where they then all stand in an open field in the middle of a thunderstorm.

2. "The man screamed at the woman that her asparagus was overpriced. He then punched her in the face and threatened to unleash his attack dog at her"

3. Man takes convertible for a test drive, forgetting that he has put the cash to buy the car in the backseat, loose. One year's salary goes fluttering across the highway.

Registered
    Feb 2009

When I read one of your headlines at Fark I had to think of this game before I had even seen the answer.
    [spoiler:r03kefz0]1. School is hit by lightning. Students are ordered to evacuate for safety reasons, where they then all stand in an open field in the middle of a thunderstorm.

That sounds like something Americans would do.

2. "The man screamed at the woman that her asparagus was overpriced. He then punched her in the face and threatened to unleash his attack dog at her"

That's the one I was talking about. Asparagus is serious business over here. The German nineties recreational outrage ("attack dog") adds further evidence.

3. Man takes convertible for a test drive, forgetting that he has put the cash to buy the car in the backseat, loose. One year's salary goes fluttering across the highway.

For some reason Americans don't like cash. Germans do. (And I know the answer)[/spoiler:r03kefz0]

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Feirefiz
    When I read one of your headlines at Fark I had to think of this game before I had even seen the answer.
    [spoiler:15pl8z2z]1. School is hit by lightning. Students are ordered to evacuate for safety reasons, where they then all stand in an open field in the middle of a thunderstorm.

That sounds like something Americans would do.

That's the one I was talking about. Asparagus is serious business over here. The German nineties recreational outrage ("attack dog") adds further evidence.

For some reason Americans don't like cash. Germans do. (And I know the answer)[/spoiler:15pl8z2z]
    Correct!

+ Reply to thread