+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: MsRobyn, eat a log of my shit

אני אוהב יהודים!
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: MsRobyn, eat a log of my shit

Quote Originally posted by Q.E.D.
    Well, my grandfather was a grassy knoll...
    Gassy troll?

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

[quote=Sleeps w/Butterflies]
    Quote Originally posted by "Q.E.D.":2uhanyg8
    Well, my grandfather was a grassy knoll...
    Gassy troll?[/quote:2uhanyg8]
    That describes a few members.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

[quote=Sleeps w/Butterflies]
    Quote Originally posted by leander
    Quote Originally posted by "Q.E.D.":1xlljs37
    Because I quit.
    What a load of nonsense.
    He didn't have anything to do with the Kennedy assassination either, in case that's where you're going next.[/quote:1xlljs37]
    Yes, but where was he when Buckwheat was shot ? Huh, smartypants?
    I didn't make the world this way, it was like this when I got here

אני אוהב יהודים!
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Yes, but where was he when Buckwheat was shot ? Huh, smartypants?
    That was Alfalfa! Alfalfa, I say!

Poor Buckwheat

ETA: YaY for you posting that video. I haven't seen that in forever.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by bwhitman
    Regardless of how you feel about bwhitman, this is out of line for two mods.
    Careful your about to get put on their hit list
    How lame is that? Bibliocat can post her snark in The Hive, where none of us can respond.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

leander, if anyone else were warned over using a word as mild as 'moron', you'd be stamping your widdle feet over how we were overreacting like a bunch of nannies, just like the SDMB mods. Grow a pair already.
    No cage, thank you. I'm a human being.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Here you go, snark you can reply to.

Look everyone, Carol finally found a soulmate. Isn't that special?

Registered
    Apr 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit?
    OMG, pussy Jim came out of his hidey hole to grace us with his presence!

Keep circling those wagons, you condesending shit eater.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by bwhitman
    OMG, pussy Jim came out of his hidey hole to grace us with his presence!

Keep circling those wagons, you condesending shit eater.
    See, you have no real answers, just the same old weak potty mouth and circling BS.

Can you at least be creative in you insults and replies? Carol is much more interesting. She has been doing this for years on the Dope and from almost the beginning here.

You just sound like an angry young teen.

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

You just sound like an angry young teen.
    An angry young teen who had to repeat Freshman English.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by sublight
    leander, if anyone else were warned over using a word as mild as 'moron', you'd be stamping your widdle feet over how we were overreacting like a bunch of nannies, just like the SDMB mods. Grow a pair already.
    Don't be silly. I couldn't care less if they want to warn or ban people. If they start acting like the overzealous dope mods I'll just move on.

But I think it's out of line for two mods, one of whom was recently told to STOP doing a certain behaviour, to continue that behaviour. (Whether it was a "note" or a "warning", MsRobyn was explicitly told to STOP.)

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by sublight
    Don't be silly. I couldn't care less if they want to warn or ban people. If they start acting like the overzealous dope mods I'll just move on.

But I think it's out of line for two mods, one of whom was recently told to STOP doing a certain behaviour, to continue that behaviour. (Whether it was a "note" or a "warning", MsRobyn was explicitly told to STOP.)
    leander, that was barely even snark. No one would have been warned for that.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm not suggesting anyone should be warned for that; I'm saying that if mods can ignore direct orders does that mean we all can too?

Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm not suggesting anyone should be warned for that; I'm saying that if mods can ignore direct orders does that mean we all can too?
    I don't know, I don't think anything was ignored in this case. It wasn't an insult.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

OneCentStamp, why do you feel these three lines are out of line? You made worst jokes in Q&A today and I could see they were jokes.
    Because it was two moderators, giving the "har-har, wink-wink" treatment to the purported rules. It smacked to me of one cop nudging the other and saying, with a smile, "If you don't stop kicking that suspect, I'm gonna have to run you in for police brutality," and hilarity ensuing.
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp
    OneCentStamp, why do you feel these three lines are out of line? You made worse jokes in Q&A today and I could see they were jokes.
    Because it was two moderators, giving the "har-har, wink-wink" treatment to the purported rules. It smacked to me of one cop nudging the other and saying, with a smile, "If you don't stop kicking that suspect, I'm gonna have to run you in for police brutality," and hilarity ensuing.
    Do you really want robotic mods though? The was about the lightest ribbing I have seen someone make something out of in quite a while. Besides, we don't even know the full context of these three little chat posts.
    BTW: I think the chat rules are in the process of being relaxed . I don't think any mod wants the strict rules in place and apparently most posters don't either.

The whole thing was a bit of a bad joke anyway. A troll, trolled and he got us all to dance for a while. He'll probably be back by tonight to play a new puppet out.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Do you really want robotic mods though? The was about the lightest ribbing I have seen someone make something out of in quite a while. Besides, we don't even know the full context of these three little chat posts.
    BTW: I think the chat rules are in the process of being relaxed . I don't think any mod wants the strict rules in place and apparently most posters don't either.

The whole thing was a bit of a bad joke anyway. A troll, trolled and he got us all to dance for a while. He'll probably be back by tonight to play a new puppet out.
    No, I don't want robotic mods. Unless they're like, pleasure robots like Daryl Hannah in Blade Runner or something. And I agree that there isn't much context to go on from that snippet. And I've said elsewhere and will repeat here that I don't care that much for the chat function anyway, and don't really use it, so ultimately I don't care too badly what rules are in place there.

But the overwhelming majority of people on this board just jumped ship from another board partly because those in power tended to circle the wagons, flout the rules while enforcing them on others, etc. etc. I've never had a problem with the moderation here, and I never did at the SDMB, for that matter. But the quoted exchange still rubs me the wrong way.
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp
    No, I don't want robotic mods. Unless they're like, pleasure robots like Daryl Hannah in Blade Runner or something. And I agree that there isn't much context to go on from that snippet. And I've said elsewhere and will repeat here that I don't care that much for the chat function anyway, and don't really use it, so ultimately I don't care too badly what rules are in place there.

But the overwhelming majority of people on this board just jumped ship from another board partly because those in power tended to circle the wagons, flout the rules while enforcing them on others, etc. etc. I've never had a problem with the moderation here, and I never did at the SDMB, for that matter. But the quoted exchange still rubs me the wrong way.
    Well, I can understand that. To me it was a big nothing, but views always differ.

+ Reply to thread