+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Sherwoodshire roleplaying

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Will and Alf have been sitting quietly in the corner and now join in.

Will explains “Sir LittleJohn has invited both Alf and I to the banquet and we’re really pleased. But neither of us feel confident about creating entertainment, so we can happily join with Aislinn in watching. I’m sure it will be a memorable occasion.”

Alf blurts out “I been thinking … I can do two things – feed the bandit’s donkey a carrot and sing a song wot I wrote!”

Will smiles at Alf. “Listen Alf, that’s a kind offer. But I’m certain that the Count, a noted horsebreeder, has seen a lot of carrots fed to his horses - so let’s leave that aside and hear your song instead.”

Alf nods. “Yup, I didn’t really fink that donkey was a runner. Here’s my song.

Old Count Percival had a Keep
    I expect you know that too
    And just outside he had some sheep
    And they did lots of poo!

With a poo poo here and a poo poo there
    Here a poo, there a poo, everywhere a poo-poo
    Old Count Percival had a Keep
    And they did lots of poo!”

After a stunned silence, Will exclaims “Alf – that is perfect as a Trade Caravan ditty! We can sing that together on our way back to Drannasmor…”

Alf grins ruefully. “It was the poo wot spoilt it for the Count, wasn’t it?”

Will nods, thanks Alf for being so enthusiastic and then says to Marron and Saradoc “If you two would like to agree a running order for your entertainment, that would be great.”
    Then Will turns to Aislinn. “I have an idea. I would be honoured if you wrote something for me to perform – a song, a poem … or both! Then we would both be satisfied. What do you think?”

Registered
    Mar 2012

Aislinn clenches her jaw, uncomfortable under the scrutiny. She's no musician or poet or bard and isn't sure what she can possibly offer. But Will is watching her, along with the other Scouts and Alf--although the latter is a childish lackwit and no threat--and ironically, the more she refuses, the more attention she'll bring to herself.

"I will try." She eyes the main tower of the Keep warily. Hopefully the hall is crowded, an easy space for anyone to remain inconspicuous if they so choose. And with Stealth, Aislinn should find it simple to do so anyway. It will be good practice with low stakes.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Sir Littlejohn returns, accompanied by an elegant, well-spoken female human. He introduces her to the party as Lady Marian, the Steward of the Keep. (Will and Alf stand up and give a small bow to the Lady and the party follow suit.)
    Sir Littlejohn says “Lady Marian is very well-organised and she will explain what happens next. I look forward to seeing you all shortly.”

Lady Marian smiles at the party. “On this auspicious occasion, I welcome the heroic members of the Drannasmor Security Guild. And of course Will and Alf!
    I have much good news for you all.

Druid Kitty tells me that Woody has found a home in the Keep’s Orchard!
    His woodcutting skills are most useful there and he has been accepted by the inhabitants of the Keep.

The bandit gang have freely confessed to their crimes – indeed they seem proud of their evil behaviour. They disposed of their victims (which included the Arthurian Cleric Gawain) by feeding them to the Lake Ness Monster. The gang will be executed – apart from Turpin who gave us helpful information. Turpin will serve a suitable sentence, emptying the Keep’s chamber pots and privies.

We need to examine the bandit’s loot tomorrow and would welcome your assistance (i.e. checking for traps and picking locks.)
    Count Percival is contacting Mayor Tuck (Head of Arthurian Tradition in Sherwoodshire) about any possessions of Cleric Gawain. But you can expect a very generous settlement – as you recovered the items!
    Speaking of which, the Count tells me that you will be presented with a reward for slaying the Lake Ness Monster. Each Scout will be presented with a Necklace of (+1) Protection.
    (DM: The necklace gives +5% defence against melee and missile attacks and +5% on resisting poison and enemy magic.)
    Will, you’re getting Leather Armour (+1) and there’s a (+1) Club for Alf. (Will bows and Alf punches the air!)

Now I know the Count wanted to lay on a full banquet, inviting staff from the Keep. However I realise you have been through a lot in the last few days, so have agreed with the Count to change things to a simple, comfortable meal.
    If you wish to celebrate the occasion with entertainment after the meal, you are welcome – but please don’t feel you have to. I’m certain that Will and Alf will assist if you require (Will and Alf nod happily.)

Please now accompany me to the Dining Hall.”

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

The party enter the Dining Hall through the double doors in the South wall.
    There is a large, round table in the centre of the Hall with chairs all the way around. At the North end of the room is a dais with two altars – one of the Arthurian Tradition and the other for the Nimue Way.
    Large fireplaces on the West and East wall keep the room warm.
    On the wall are various trophies, including a metal Arthurian shield, a wooden shield of Nimue, the Lake Ness trophy and shields representing the Empire, Naugrimshire, Ocean Barbarians and the Tsarinan forest Druids.

Count Percival is seated at the North end of the table, flanked by Kitty Winter and Sir Littlejohn. They rise to greet the party.
    Lady Marian shows the Scouts, Will and Alf to their seats and all sit down.

During a pleasant meal, the Count awards the Scouts with their promised Necklaces of (+1) Protection. Will and Alf also receive their magic items.
    The Count makes a short speech praising the adventurers, followed by leading ‘three cheers’ for them.
    He then adds “I wish to co-operate with the Drannasmor Security Guild – do let me know how I can be of assistance. I would also like to utilise your talents – please do return here regularly so we can exchange information and I can hire you to sort out trouble-makers!”

Lady Marian whispers “If you wish to perform now, please feel free.”

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Marron steps up, flute in hand, bows to the assembled company, and launches into a piece inspired by their adventures on the way here. By turns it is lyrical, evoking the joys of the pleasant countryside; horrifying, to convey the terror of the dreadful Lake Ness Monster and the narrowness of their escape; mournful, in reminiscence of the murders of Cleric Gawain and others; triumphant, singing of how justice has prevailed over the wicked and unlawful; and the piece ends in a jolly rustic hornpipe that suggests the unexpectedly pacific Ogre now happily employed in honest labour by those who have proven willing to value his good heart above his monstrous physique.

It goes on for quite a while and stretches both his lung capacity and his musicianship to the utmost; and when he takes his final bow, he can only hope that the audience has found his offering acceptable.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Mar 2012

Since before the banquet began, Aislinn has felt overwhelmed by all the activity and splendor surrounding her. She has kept her head down--to the extent possible given the Count's congratulations and award-giving. Throughout the meal she has touched the new necklace with gentle fingers, admiring the workmanship and magic that it took to make such treasures.

Meanwhile she regrets offering something up to entertain the others. The thought unnerves her and fills her with unease--as if reminded of some poor experiences of such behavior. But she is obliged to do so, and having promised she must be true to her word. At least she doesn't have to make a spectacle of herself.

Having requested a quill and parchment, she slips off to a corner of the chamber to consider what to say. Aislinn's not very skilled as a speaker--she does it so rarely--and doesn't remember enough of her past to recount it. Marron's music arrests her attention, and she listens, struck by his talent at painting images through music. His composition truly evokes their experiences. Where did he learn such skill? It's extraordinary. She can picture the Lake Ness monster, and Woody, and even Gawain though she never heard of him before.

The thought of battling the lake monster draws Aislinn's memory of the Wolf. So starkly white, so beautiful and protective. But not a beast that belongs in these climes. Not since her childhood has she seen an animal like that. She's always been fond of wolves, which is why she was so relieved to find one when she needed it. Again. Again, she thinks, frowning. Why 'again'? Swiftly her memories stir and rise until she recalls.... One cold day, long ago. A frightening chase in the snow-covered woods. Then reaching home, her home. A woman soothing her, singing to her. Telling her own story. "Mother's lullaby," she whispers in wonder, then stares at the blank parchment. Yes, I can share that.

At once she scribbles what she remembers--which is more and more with each stanza. Her eyes well up but she angrily pushes the tears away. At last the quill is set down, and once the ink dries Aislinn quietly goes up to Will to hand him the parchment. She sits back down beside her companions. Marron has just finished and she joins in applauding such remarkable creative accomplishment.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Apr 2022

Prior to the banquet, Saradoc uses his carpentry skills, and his carpentry tools, to make a set of circular wooden discs ranging in size from 2 feet diameter to 6 inches diameter.
    Saradoc practices in advance, inviting Alf to assist him by tossing the discs into the air while Saradoc shoots arrows at each, aiming to get as close to the centre of the disc as possible.
    He trims the discs (thickness rather than diameter) if they are too heavy to throw comfortably.
    In the banquet hall Saradoc will confirm that there is a suitable vacant area for his display - we don't want any accidents, do we?
    Saradoc uses Display Weapon Prowess to show off his skills as an Archer. He hopes it goes well . . . .

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

DM: Marron makes a Flute roll.

Marron’s performance is a true success.
    His lilting melodies conjure memories of the Scout’s dramatic experiences.
    As he finishes with a spirited hornpipe, Kitty Winter and Sir Littlejohn rise from their seats and begin dancing.
    The rest of the audience begin rhythmic clapping – which turns into enthusiastic applause as Marron finishes.
    Gasping for breath, Marron takes his seat – and waves to Saradoc to take over the entertainment.

(The company settle down for the next part.)

DM: Saradoc makes a Carpentry roll.

Saradoc has already surveyed the room and chosen a vacant area to fire into – with no trophies or tapestries on the wall behind.
    He stands up and guides Alf into position to one side. Alf puts a stack of wooden discs on the table beside him and carefully selects and throws them one at a time (starting with the largest.)

DM: Saradoc makes a Display Weapon Prowess roll.

The Hobbit fires one arrow at each disc … and hits every time!
    The discs bounce harmlessly of the wall – each with an arrow neatly in the centre.

Count Percival and Sir Littlejohn give Saradoc a standing ovation.

Saradoc hurries to Alf’s side and the pair bow – then take their seats.
    The Count and Sir Littlejohn also sit down, both smiling happily.

Finally Will rises from his seat, clutching a parchment.
    He clears his throat and begins a recitation.

Once upon a wintry path
    A young child made her way
    Her mother 'twas who sent her there
    For firewood on that day

She sought a copse of barren trees
    But stopped to hear birdsong
    The sky turned dark as sunlight dimmed
    She'd tarried far too long

The path led to a forest deep
    To find her branches there
    Just as she entered, one lone howl
    cut through the twilight air

The young girl feared the thickest woods
    Yet dared she not stand still
    A beast that made the horrid noise
    Would chase, and find, and kill

With night her shroud, she fled inside
    To where, she did not know
    The tangled branches overhead
    The knotted roots below

At this point Will halts. He repeats ‘The knotted roots below’ and squints down at the note Aislinn wrote for him.
    Then he bows towards the Count and apologises. "I cannot read the rest, my lord. The handwriting..."
    He turns to Aislinn with a kind grin. "The true poetess was too shy to read, but perhaps she might be cajoled to continue."

Count Percival stands up and nods encouragingly at Aislinn. “Yes, I would very much like to hear more – can I convince you to finish?”

Registered
    Mar 2012

From her seat in the hall, Aislinn watches Saradoc's astounding performance as an archer with widened eyes. She is, somewhat to her surprise, proud of both her companions. She's kept a distance from them, and knows very little of the pair other than their Scouting skills. But they are colleagues and she is glad of their association.

Her pleasure turns to alertness when Will begins to read her poem. Hearing the words aloud again... Aislinn closes her eyes and tries to remember the soft voice who originally sang it to her. Only for it all to break off, and Will tells what must be a fib; her handwriting is clear and unfaltering. He probably means well. And now he looks at her expectantly--and worse, the Count himself even addresses her. Such notice is precisely what she doesn't wish, and it's all she can do to grip the arms of her chair instead of trying to hide.

She can't avoid it, with all the scrutiny. Swallowing with difficulty, Aislinn stands, automatically pulling her hood a little farther over her face, which is burning beneath its bandages. "Yes, my lord," she says hoarsely. Her mind races: she doesn't need the parchment, knowing the words well enough, but she's not sure where Will's voice had broken off. Oh yes... The tangled branches overhead, The knotted roots below. Clearing her throat, she repeats the previous lines before continuing:

At last she stopped, when fully lost
    The dark complete within
    'At least 'tis safe,' she thought, until
    A moonbeam caught a grin

Twas all she saw, among the woods,
    White teeth and snowy fur,
    It watched, yet kept a goodly space
    between itself and her.

So there they stood, a wolf and maid
    Her trembling form turned stone
    At last the wolf did take its leave
    But not leave her alone.

A mist sprang up beneath its feet
    A moonlit spectral guide
    And thus it nobly led the child
    To freedom from inside.

Back home, her mother taught the girl
    A lesson to hold dear,
    "The foe to flee is not a wolf;
    What one must flee is fear."

She doesn't remember her own mother, who'd consoled her after the incident in the woods and created this lullaby afterward. Though she's kept her gaze low throughout the recitation, at last she lifts it to briefly touch on the Count, expressing something between hope and defiance. Please don't make me say more, she pleads silently.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

As Aislinn finishes her recital, an appreciative hush falls over the assembled company.
    Aislinn glances at the Count, who responds with a smile and a bow.

Count Percival rises and declares “A marvellous and highly enjoyable entertainment – full of variety, skill and emotion! Many, many thanks to the Scouts and their companions. What a wonderful way to conclude our meal.”

As everyone rises, Alf can be heard announcing “Of course Saradoc is a brilliant bowman. But someone had to chuck those targets for him! It’s all in the wrist, you know…”

The Count thanks Marron personally. “Your music was most moving, with clever variations. I must introduce you to my Bard, Taliesin.”

Sir Littlejohn approaches Saradoc. “I really enjoyed that demonstration. You are most welcome to refill your quiver from our stores anytime.”

Kitty Winter speaks quietly to Aislinn “I was moved by that performance. Please feel free to speak to me anytime - we share a love of Nature.”

Lady Marian reminds the Scouts that the bandit’s loot needs examining. She informs them that they will meet with her and Kitty Winter immediately after breakfast tomorow and adds “Have a restful night - I look forward to seeing your skills with traps and locks…”
    Last edited by glee; 11 Sep 2022 at 03:23 AM.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

As various conversations take place, Aislinn’s gaze drifts over to the trophies on the wall.

DM: Marron makes an Alertness roll.
    DM: Saradoc makes an Alertness roll.

The other two Scouts notice Aislinn’s reactions:

- as she sees the Lake Ness Monster trophy, she shivers a little, but then nods
    - the wooden shield of Nimue (with its Tree symbol) brings a happy smile
    - however the Empire shield (with its Mailed Fist symbol) makes her briefly freeze in horror

Aislinn recovers and apologises to Kitty for her loss of attention.

Registered
    Mar 2012

While doing her best to maintain her focus on the Druid, Aislinn can't prevent her gaze from darting around the hall. She's aware of the crowd and all the talk, laughter, whatever else is going on around her--and she too adds to it, complimenting Marron and Saradoc for their talents in art and archery.

But mostly she is desperately searching for--and dreading--any other instance of that mailed fist symbol. If it's up on display as a show of allegiance, anyone could be here. There are too many people densely packed for her to identify who belongs to what ally.

Her fingers draw up to touch the stiff material of her bandages before she hurriedly drops her arm. Did you not just hear the words you read? Don't let fright control you. No one knows. No one cares.

No, it is too much.

Aislinn mumbles something, anything, to her companions and even bobs a slight curtsy toward Kitty--she doesn't know why--and backs away, letting the crowd envelop her, turn her anonymous, before she rushes to find her way outside. As her pace increases through the dark halls, the poem wisps through her mind to invoke that twilight of her childhood, the wolf that protected her and the mist that hid her from predators and led her to freedom.

An instinct she neither recognizes nor questions sparks to life. With one backward glance and a circular hand gesture, Aislinn whispers Fog before dashing ahead towards any exit--hopefully shrouded from sight.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

As Aislinn scurries from the Hall, a Cloud of Mist suddenly appears, concealing her departure.

Kitty Winter looks thoughtful.

Registered
    Mar 2012

The blanket of mist is surprising but Aislinn doesn't have the room in her racing mind to contemplate what she's just done. Instead she continues her path to a door that will take her outside.

Images of the fist, the chain mail surrounding it, flash before her eyes. They're only phantoms but they could be right in front of her, they're so terrifyingly familiar. She envisions the insignia on shields much like the one in the Hall she just fled. Also on banners, on uniforms, on cloaks, on medallions, on faces--

She reaches a door and almost crashes into it. Too shaken to move further, the girl rests her forehead against the wood, secures the material of her hood around her head, and shudders. When she recovers herself, she tries the door to see if it will release her from what might as well be a prison.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

All set to commend Aislinn on a beautifully-turned piece of versification, Marron looks on with puzzlement at the strange change in the indoor weather, and wonders what could be on the poor girl's mind.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Stegodon
    Registered
    Apr 2022

Saradoc, risking the impropriety of his action, watches Kitty Winter intently.
    If she speaks he will attempt to Read Lips and/or Hear Noise to find out what is on her mind.
    Thinking that Kitty might be planning to follow Aislinn, Saradoc prepares to follow Kitty.
    Saradoc will not use Stealth - that would be a serious impropriety in this situation.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

DM: Saradoc fails a Read Lips roll.
    DM: Saradoc makes a Hear Noise roll.

Saradoc hears Kitty mutter to herself "Mist? Fog? Obscurement spell? Aislinn's a Druid?!"

Meanwhile Aislinn has left the Dining Hall and departs the central Keep building through the double doors to the courtyard. She stumbles onwards and reaches the Main Gate of the Keep.

Keep (ground level): https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/IbZx8W5sP1

The guards at the Gate salute Aislinn.
    When they realise she wants to go through, they open one door for her.

Aislinn steps outside and breathes a sigh of relief.

Kitty (looking concerned) has discreetly followed Aislinn through the cloud of mist and out of the Keep. She now gently approaches the Scout.
    Kitty whispers "Are you all right? Is there anything I can do for you?"

Registered
    Mar 2012

Turning around at the other woman's approach, Aislinn recognizes her and is a little alarmed at having been followed. The stranger has proud bearing, but other than her being well-placed near the Count, Aislinn knows almost nothing of this stranger. Her gaze swiftly darts to the older woman's clothing, any items of jewelry or decoration, that might indicate her allegiance.

What Aislinn doesn't see is any hint of a mailed fist, which... is not definitive, but at least it doesn't bode ill. Clearly this person--Kitty Winter, the Druid, Aislinn remembers now--saw her quick retreat; that will need an explanation.

"Thank you, my lady, I am well, now," she says carefully. "I'm not comfortable in crowds. It's kind of you to seek me out." Frankly she's not sure if this is kindness or curiosity or... something else. "I truly didn't mean for anyone to follow. How--why--"

She falls silent for a few seconds, remembering that she'd seen that mist surround her, a mist that had been magically invoked. By her. Confused and suddenly cold, Aislinn pulls her cloak around her. Her gaze sweeps to the path back to the Keep, then returns to Miss* Winter. Does she see Saradoc?

She tries to ignore this puzzle and hurries on. "The--the Count welcomes so many to his company. The shields and banners indicate his alliances are many, too." Then her own curiosity and fear overwhelm her instinct to be subtle, and she blurts: "Is he aligned with the Empire? Are there any from that realm here? Now?"

* Or Mistress? How might someone with basic but not vast knowledge of class differences in different societies address someone like Kitty, when their title (if any) is unknown?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

As Aislinn recovers her composure, she remembers meeting Druid Kitty. It was when the party first arrived at the Keep. Kitty speaks Ogre and helped make Woody welcome (finding him a home in the Keep’s orchard.)

Aislinn also notices that Kitty is wearing a pendant of the Nimue Way (a Tree symbol) – the same one as Aislinn herself.

Kitty replies “Aislinn, I understand that a celebration indoors with many folk can be intimidating. I myself much prefer the outdoors with fresh air and friendly animals.
    However Count Percival is a fair ruler and I can do achieve a lot basing myself here at the Keep.

You ask about the symbol of the Empire. The Count is NOT allied to them!
    The shields on the wall simply denote our closest neighbours: the gnomes of Naugrimshire, the Ocean Barbarians, the Empire and the Druids of Tsarinan Forest.

To avoid conflict - since the Empire are part of the despicable Mordred Cabal - there is a diplomatic agreement between the five Powers not to fight.
    This sadly does not stop (for example) sneak attacks by Empire Patrols in the wilderness. If you encounter a Patrol, be ready!

Certainly nobody from the Empire will ever be allowed into this Keep.
    I hope this reassures you.”

Map of Sherwoodshire (showing closest neighbours:

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/mKjhyIrg0e

N.B. As the Scouts are ‘heroes’, they can usually address folk by name (apart from titled ones like Count Percival, Sir Littlejohn etc.)

Registered
    Mar 2012

Self-conscious when she recognizes the same pendant, Aislinn instinctively lifts a hand to toy with her own. The necklace was a gift pressed on her long ago, by one who suggested that openly declaring an affinity could garner some trust by those who share it. As she told Woody, the Nimue path is closest to her own beliefs, but the truth is, she can't label them. She doesn't want to belong to a sect or group or anyone at all.

Now the Druid's words allow her to breathe fully, her lungs no longer frozen. No one from the Empire is here, nor likely to show up. Her luck will inevitably fail her, and one day she'll see someone--perhaps several, a Patrol--wearing the Empire's standard. But not here, not yet.

"Thank you," she says, the words brief but sincere. The ones that follow, however, are a mix of truth and art. "I've heard others speak of them with dread. Grown men, even soldiers. They must be terrible." She shakes her head and looks down. "I can only hope I never come across them." Her jaw sets. If that can't be put off forever, her Stealth skills will hopefully be enough to escape. Or at least find cover, as she tried to do so with the mist.

How? It was unthinking--she needed to be cloaked and the word slipped out. Not very different from having seen the Wolf yesterday. It arrived just when she needed it. And disappeared. Was it even truly there?

She looks up at Kitty and feels urged to continue. "I saw a Winter Wolf here yesterday. Like the one in the poem. I've never seen them other than... not far from the forests that are your home. Are they known to travel so far south?" Even as the question leaves her lips, Aislinn strongly suspects she knows the answer.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Rather pleased with his fine new Necklace of Protection, Marron circulates around the company, cheerfully giving more detailed accounts of the events of the journey to whoever seems curious to listen. This is quite high living and he is more than willing to enjoy it -- and on the whole he is feeling optimistic about this little group's prospects in the future, and more than willing to learn about the tasks that are to come.

There was some loot to look over, and Marron hopes to be able to lend a hand in finding out what it is and how it can benefit them -- but tinkering with locks and traps and so on will have to be left to someone with nimbler fingers than his.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Kitty replies to Aislinn “I gather that the Empire Soldiers are well-equipped – the Empire makes and trades many varied magic items.
    However the patrols show no initiative and always stick to one formation. Clearly they are nervous about disobeying orders (and therefore also fight to the death.)
    As for wolves, I have only ever seen Winter Wolves in the North of Sherwoodshire. There are some in the Tsarinan forest and also along the coast, West of Cardiff Bay.”

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Marron is first greeted by Count Percival who says “I am so relieved that you have solved the mystery of Cleric Gawain’s disappearance – and brought his murderers to justice. I have spoken magically (he winks) with Mayor Tuck (Head of the Arthurian Tradition in Sherwoodshire) and we have agreed that any Clerical possessions of Gawain should go to you. Don’t worry if they are very valuable – I have asked Druid Kitty to join you tomorrow to investigate the bandit loot. As she is a skilled Alchemist, she can offer useful potions to make up a fair distribution of the treasure.”

Lady Marian joins the pair and remarks quietly “Well done on dealing with monsters and the Mordred Cabal!
    I think Aislinn is concerned about something – perhaps you could have a quiet word with her.”

Stegodon
    Registered
    Apr 2022

Saradoc, after satisfying himself that Aislinn is well and that Kitty is friendly and supportive, returns to the main hall.
    He checks on his friend Alf, making sure that Alf is getting proper recognition for his role in the adventure.
    Saradoc mingles with the crowd, sharing brief descriptions of events on the journey from Drannasmor, always highlighting the role played by Alf.
    After a while, Saradoc settles back in a corner and discreetly listens to the conversations using Hear Noise and Read Lips.
    Saradoc is interested in news of:
    1. A thieves guild in Sherwoodshire
    2. Vacant accommodation suitable for the Drannasmor Security Guild
    3. Activity of the Mordred Cabal and their supporters/followers.
    4. Any news about Naugrimshire, especially from Nevrast - it's his home town.
    5. Any news of the Arthurian Church.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

DM: Saradoc makes an Alertness roll.

He realises that, although Kitty is being helpful. Aislinn clearly still needs further reassurance. Perhaps he could sympathetically ask Aislinn about the Mist that mysteriously appeared…

Arriving back in the Main Hall, Saradoc is made welcome and is able to bring Alf’s efforts into the conversation. Alf is happy to be thanked and enjoys showing again how he threw the targets for Saradoc.
    As the Hall gradually empties (allowing the servants to clear away), Saradoc is easily able to overhear a conversation between Count Percival and Lady Marian. They discuss:

- surprisingly getting no reply from the Sherwoodshire Thieves Guild to an invitation to meet the Scouts
    - Empire Patrols (Mordred Cabal) coming closer to the Keep than ever before
    - reports of a Dragon in the neighbourhood (“probably just a farmhand seeing a flight of geese!”)

Registered
    Mar 2012

Aislinn listens attentively to Kitty's description of the Empire movements in the area, her heart sinking though her face remains impassive. "Yes, that sounds like what I've heard."

The confirmation that Winter Wolves are little seen this far south--if not equally disturbing--still puzzles her. "I can't explain the wolf I saw yesterday. It came just when I sought help, almost like a--a guardian. But others saw it, it wasn't a dream. Then the mist just now, back there..."

Intending to gesture towards the Keep entrance she'd escaped through, she turns just in time to see Saradoc ducking back inside. She didn't even realize he'd been nearby until just now. Her fingertips absently brush at her hood, and the bandages beneath, while she debates speaking further.

"It isn't important. What matters is that we must not run into these Empire patrols. Someone else I also trust once said much the same. If you know of a way we might avoid them..." Aislinn hesitates. "Why do they patrol so far from Empire shores? What do they seek here?"

Stegodon
    Registered
    Apr 2022

Saradoc approaches Aislinn.
    “You seemed a bit uncomfortable a little while ago. I hope you don’t mind that I followed Kitty when she followed you out, I just wanted to make sure that you were OK. I had a similar experience near the lake, but it was easier to avoid – I just stayed away from the water. I had a boating accident in my youth and nearly drowned. It still gets to me sometimes.
    I assume that was you, summoning the mist to help you to hide from your uncomfortable situation. Neat trick! I guess you also summoned the wolf who helped fight the Lake Ness Monster. That’s good work – well done.
    I think we are making some progress with our mission. It seems to me that Count Percival and Lady Marion like what we have done and I am sure we can pave the way for the Drannasmor Security Guild to establish a base here.
    I heard Percival and Marion saying that the Sherwoodshire Thieves Guild was invited tonight, so I think it’s safe to assume that there is a Thieves Guild here, but they didn’t show up. That’s a worry.
    Percival and Marion also seem worried that Empire patrols have been coming uncomfortably close to the keep.
    There also has been some talk tonight of a dragon being sighted in the area – but that’s not wholly reliable. Nevertheless, we should probably be on the lookout for something large and flying, just in case.
    When the party is over let’s find Marron and I’ll have a go at checking the saddlebags for traps, and disarming them if necessary. We can also discuss our next objective, which I guess is looking for the Thieves Guild. I wonder if their disappearance is related to the uncomfortably close approaches of the Empire patrols?”

Registered
    Mar 2012

It takes much for Aislinn to stand and listen to Saradoc's guesses and suggestions, which like all such speculations about her feel intrusive and threatening. But they are kindly meant--she believes--and so she does stay in place to hear him out. "Summon mist and a wolf," she murmurs, shaking her head as much to herself as to Saradoc. "But I--I can't do things like that. I've never done so before. At least I don't remember..."

Is that true, though? That is, she didn't remember, exactly. Until she did. When she needed to obscure herself, the idea of hiding in the mist just seemed right. Instinct overrode any conscious thought. How? Why?

Remembering something of her vague past is good, she supposes. Except that she didn't know there was something to remember. What else is there? And why, exactly, is it so hidden?

"Well, I hope you will let me be of help, if you are in need of it regarding boats and water," she murmurs. "As for the other news, it sounds that the Thieves Guild knows what they are doing. Avoiding the Empire patrols is wise. I know we're meant to seek the Thieves out, but if it puts us in the sights of the Empire..." An icy ripple down her spine makes her shudder, and she hides it with a quick, seemingly resolute shake of her head. "I mean... we don't want to lead them to their quarry. It would be a shame to put the Thieves in danger when we're trying to reach out--"

An image, shadowy and diffuse, stops her tongue. In fact an unfathomable swell of guilt chokes her words off entirely. Wrapping her cloak around her, genuinely cold now, Aislinn steps forward and gives a tight nod to Kitty, then Saradoc. "Whatever you think we should do, let us do it. Find Marron, it sounds like, and then undo the traps if any. And please, if you know aught of how to handle dragons, I should be grateful to learn from you."

She starts forward, her cautious steps naturally giving a wide berth even to the helpful older woman and the friendly colleague who means her no harm.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Kitty calmly and quietly thanks Aislinn for converting Woody and helping him find employment (plus 3 meals a day!)
    The Druid adds “I am happy to discuss with you and the others the Mist that appeared. I too can a cast a spell with similar effects.”
    She continues “I also see you are concerned about Empire Patrols. Now I think there is a natural misunderstanding!”

Kitty asks Sir LittleJohn to join them and explain about these Patrols.

Sir LittleJohn remarks “Well we call them that, but a better name would be ‘Empire Trainees.’ You see the only true Empire Patrols are strictly limited to those in Freeport up North, between the Galley Docks and the Empire Embassy.
    Meanwhile the Empire regularly sends out a group of four recruits, led by a Sergeant. They are supposed to wander randomly around Sherwoodshire and gain experience by killing. Utterly disgraceful! Oh, occasionally there will be a larger group (a Sergeant, a Corporal, six recruits and a spell-caster.)
    So the Empire is NOT patrolling in Count Percival’s lands – merely exposing recruits to danger in the hope they learn.
    I know that the Empire never bothers if a group disappear – they simply write them off as unworthy.
    Typical Mordred Cabal behaviour, if you ask me.”

Registered
    Mar 2012

Aislinn, keeping her head somewhat bowed while Sir Littlejohn speaks, thanks him for his explanation about the patrols, though the overall news isn't all that reassuring. The missing thieves guild is extremely distressing, if they are missing instead of off on some venture. Hopefully they will meet up soon, she thinks intently.

Most of all, she takes some comfort in the apparent lack of complicity between the Count and the Empire.

When Kitty Winters suggests that she might explain more about the mist, Aislinn eyes Saradoc and then quickly looks away. "It is kind of you to offer, my lady. Maybe later?" She murmurs to the Hobbit: "Perhaps... perhaps we should find our companion, see what he's learned?"

She ducks aside and tries to find her way to Marron. Aislinn is still uncertain about what any of this means, and she's not pleased by how often she's being met with unexpected, unpredictable or frankly incomprehensible turns of events.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Lady Marian gathers the three Scouts, explaining “You’ve had a busy day! Let me show you to your guest room where you can discuss matters.
    As I said at the banquet, we will meet tomorrow after breakfast to investigate and hand out the bandit’s treasure. Will and Alf will join us then – as they are entitled to something. Druid Kitty will assist with her spells and also provide magical potions as necessary to ensure a fair share for all five of you.
    Once the items have been distributed, the Count would certainly like to hire you to investigate various matters. Absent thieves, despicable trainees and a dragon – these are right up your street!”

The party settle down in the comfortable guest room.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

The Scouts continue their conversation…

Meanwhile after a refreshing night’s sleep the party have regained full spell use (and their items have recharged.)

The Scouts, plus Will and Alf meet up in the Keep Workshop where Druid Kitty has organised the identification and sharing out of the bandit’s treasure.
    One servant brings in a large leather bag, which turns out to contain labelled magical potions, and another two carefully carry in the bandit’s saddlebags. After placing the items on a central workbench, all three servants step back to a corner of the room.

Kitty smiles at the adventurers, inviting them to gather round – but not touch anything yet!
    She adds “I may have mentioned I’m an Alchemist – any ‘monster bits’ or plant ingredients are always welcome.
    We already have a gem (worth about 25 gold), a few coins and a donkey (called Eeyore.) What else is in these saddlebags?. Thanks to Marron we know we have four magical items – a Hand Axe, two Arrows, a pair of Gloves and a special Holy Symbol.
    But of course there may be traps on these bags – and you Scouts can work together to deal with that. First let me try something … the accursed Mordred Cabal are truly nasty!”
    Last edited by glee; 14 Nov 2022 at 05:31 PM.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Will says quietly “You brave Scouts should have the first choice – but I would like a magic Hand Axe!”
    Alf agrees about the Scouts getting what they want but adds “I would like the gem, the coins and Eeyore. I’ve never had either of those before…”
    Kitty smiles and says “Alf, I doubt there will be any competition for Eeyore. Now I can really help you there. Here is a potion of Animal Friendship. When you quaff it, the donkey will become your close friend – and also you can teach him three ‘command’ words such as ‘follow’, ‘guard’ and ‘rest’.”
    Alf’s eyes widen and he turns to the Scouts. “Please, please can I have the Eeyore, the potion, the gem and the coins?!”

Kitty raises a calming hand. “Will and Alf, let’s Identify the other items before we agree who gets what!”
    She turns to the two saddlebags. “The first thing is to check for real danger. We know from Marron’s helpful Detect Magic earlier that there are no magical traps.”
    Kitty casts Detect Poison and one saddlebag clasp glows. Kitty grunts knowingly, mutters “Typical Cabal behaviour” and casts Neutralise Poison.
    She continues “Right, now all that’s left would be a mechanical trap. If it does some damage, I will promptly Cure you.”
    Last edited by glee; 14 Nov 2022 at 05:31 PM.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

As discussed earlier by the party, Saradoc steps forward first.

DM: Saradoc makes two Find Traps rolls (one on each saddlebag.)

He finds one Trap (the small needle that would have delivered the poison) and declares the other one safe.

The Hobbit automatically makes a Remove Trap roll.

He grins happily and carefully wraps up the safely removed needle for safe disposal (a servant obliges.)

Aislinn quietly takes over.

DM: Aislinn makes two Open Locks rolls (one on each saddlebag.)

She gestures politely that both bags are now unlocked.

Marron carefully lays out the contents of the two bags onto the table.

Kitty smiles and says "You have been well-trained - and well-chosen to act together."
    Last edited by glee; 15 Nov 2022 at 01:31 PM.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Kitty now casts Identify and can thus state precisely what the party have available to share out:

- gem, donkey, coins (and a bonus from Kitty of Animal Friendship)
    - magic Hand Axe (+5% to hit; +1 damage - permanent)
    - two magic Arrows (each +5% to hit; +1 damage … but each only usable once)
    - magic Gloves of Swimming (permanent; enable wearer to swim superbly … but not to breathe underwater)
    - magic Arthurian Holy Symbol of Turning (permanent; only usable by a Cleric - who turns Undead as if the Cleric was 4 levels higher)

Kitty reminds the Scouts that the Arthurian Holy Symbol of Turning belonged to the renowned Cleric Gawain (cruelly slain by the bandits) and that Mayor Tuck (Head of the Arthurian Church in Sherwoodshire) has stated it would be an honour for the Scouts to keep and use the item.

She finishes with "So who gets what?"
    Last edited by glee; 15 Nov 2022 at 01:32 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Having listened carefully and examined the items, Aislinn is torn. The swimming gloves are best for Saradoc, given his fear of water. And of course the item for a cleric can only be of use to Marron. She hasn't given these serious thought.

If she had free choice, without any other considerations, she'd take the donkey and Animal Companion. She's comfortable with animals and... whatever happened with that Wolf, she might be good at taking care of one. And something about this one seems so sad. Abandoned. She understands it.

But Alf asked specially for this, and Aislinn isn't inclined to disappoint someone who's been helpful. With Will eyeing the hand axe, that leaves Aislinn... the arrows? The gem? Of course Alf wanted the coins and gem too. She scowls. Her fingers are almost itchy to take hold of the gem. It reminds her of one she already has. Gems are something she can trade. Some have powers. If she loses the group somehow, she'll need something to trade.

But Alf can't take everything. She eyes the donkey with a regretful glance and then points to the arrows. "I suppose those would be best for me. And I wish to have the gem." Aislinn realizes as the words are out of her mouth that she sounds greedy, or mercenary anyway. Well, perhaps she is. She falls silent and waits for the others.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Apr 2022

Saradoc shares his thoughts with Aislinn and Marron.
    "I am not yet ready to take to the water - except maybe in a good, sturdy boat. However, I have some skill as an archer, and a good, strong bow. I would be happy to take the arrows. We may well encounter a situation where I could make good use of them."
    He continues, "My boating accident was not really an accident. It was a direct result of an ambush by an Empire raiding party. It must have been mistaken identity which led to them targeting my boat. They thought I was an enemy. Well, they have their wish – I am their enemy now."

Registered
    Mar 2012

Listening with full attention, Aislinn finds the arrows slipping from her figurative grasp. Not a terrible loss, but still, she's not sure what to request in their place. If anything. The gloves that Saradoc decided against seem extraneous to her. If there's one skill she learned--and still remembers, mainly because it was relatively recent--it's swimming. Of course that was of dire necessity, and she was fortunate indeed to have been instructed by the best possible tutors.

But the gloves might be worth a trade later... or Saradoc might need them after all. His explanation of the near-death experience at the hands of the Empire tightens her stomach muscles and freezes her lungs mid-breath. Aislinn waits a few moments before commenting quietly, "I'm glad all those raiders gained was an unexpected foe, and not whoever they truly sought. You must have been strong to have eluded them."

She picks up the gloves and turns them over speculatively. "Were these raiders sailors themselves?" Aislinn's head is bent, but when she looks up at Saradoc her unbandaged left eye is visible beneath the shadowed edge of her cowl. "Did they give you an idea of who they really wanted?"

If Saradoc doesn't wish to answer, or if Marron speaks up, she'll content herself with trying on the gloves and constraining herself against grabbing at the gem.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Marron respectfully takes the Arthurian Holy Symbol of Turning and puts it around his neck.
    He bows his head and murmurs “I shall use this in memory of Cleric Gawain.”

He then announces confidently to the party “With this I can destroy some Skeletons and Zombies every time I use it. So if we meet any of those minions of Mordred, leave them to me. Instead attack the evil Cleric controlling them.”

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Kitty speaks cheerfully. “Aislinn, if you would like the gem, you shall have it!”

Kitty turns to Alf. “In exchange for the gem, let me add a Potion of Goodberry to your share. When you use the Potion, you will gain several Goodberries. Each one can be used to either as a filling meal or cure 1 hit point of damage. I’m sure you, Will and Eeyore will appreciate that.”

Alf nods in agreement and gestures that Aislinn is welcome to the gem.

Aislinn takes the Gloves of Swimming and the gem.
    Saradoc adds the two Arrows to his quiver.
    Will grins as he hefts the Hand Axe. “My trade caravan is better protected.”
    Alf almost dances as he pockets the two Potions and the coins. “I’ve got a donkey!”

At this point there is a knock at the door. Kitty calls “Do come in” and a servant respectfully whispers in Kitty’s ear, then departs.

Kitty addresses the group. “I have exciting news – a dragon has been found!
    Of course Will and Alf will soon be setting out on their trade route.
    So Scouts – will you take on the task of dealing with the dragon? I can introduce you to the reliable chap who located it.”

Kitty goes to the door, opens it and whistles.
    Almost immediately a scruffy, keen-eyed male human strides into the room. He is wearing leather armour, is armed with a quarterstaff and a sling and has a hawk perched on his arm.

Kitty introduces the newcomer “This is Walker, the Keep’s Ranger. Walker, here are Marron, Aislinn and Saradoc. I’m sure you will do well as a party.”

Walker nods at the Scouts (and greets Will and Alf.) “The dragon is both real and fully evil … it’s a young Red Dragon and it’s settled on Walker’s Crag. Will you join me in defeating it?!”

Registered
    Mar 2012

Aislinn packs the gloves away and then gratefully takes hold of the gem, cupping it in her hands to warm it and, to be honest, to enjoy the sense of wealth it imparts to her. She looks up quickly at the newcomer and eyes the others in her party. She would rather not make her own thoughts public first. If the others wish to, she'll do as expected. Still, as usual her instincts tend towards greater sympathy for non-Man (or Man-like) creatures than perhaps is normal.

"I'm sure we're inclined to agree," she says warily, though she herself is far from being so. "But may I ask what damage it has already done?" After a frown, she adds, "I don't know Walker's Crag. Where is it, is it far?"

As she speaks she can be seen depositing the gem into her pouch. (Ostensibly, anyway. Using sleight of hand she actually inserts it into a pocket in the lining of her bodice.)

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Walker nods at Aislinn. "Yes, sorry - I should have explained things better. Right ... erm ... where to start?" He points at the hawk on his arm and continues... "OK, this is Eye and he is my familar. Many thanks to Kitty for arranging that!
    Of course Eye is an excellent aerial scout and so he spotted the Dragon on Walker's Crag. Now Walker's Crag is a distinctive rock about half a day's journey from here. There's a funny story about it's name..."

Kitty interrupts Walker by coughing meaningfully.

Walker holds up a hand in acknowledgement and says "...but that's a story for another time!
    OK, once we saw the Dragon was eating a couple of roasted sheep, we travelled to the nearest farm. As I suspected, the Dragon had attacked the farm with it's fiery breath, killing a shepherd, stealing the two sheep and destroying crops.
    So that confirms the Dragon is evil (as Red ones usually are.)

I can give you a map of the Crag - will you join me?"

Registered
    Mar 2012

Another sheepkiller, Aislinn thinks, feeling sorry for the helpless, cloud-like beasts who do no harm do anyone and provide such valuable wool. (Of course, the shepherd concerns her as well.) She nods in understanding, and with some curiosity about the explanation Walker was discouraged from talking about. Will there be a reward? she thinks, but doesn't ask. If "Walker's Crag" is named after this man's family, maybe he's wealthier than he looks.

"A big task," she murmurs, mind calculating the circumstances. "I... don't know how much I might assist you," she continues in her quiet way. "I fear I lack battle skills. But if my fellows are willing, so am I. I can find a way to be of use."

Registered
    Dec 2022

Walker coughs then says, "Ok, well. I fear I've come in a bit abruptly here and I don't look my best." (He is rather scruffy looking and probably not smelling too great), "Apologies. I should explain in more detail before you sign up for this.

I work with Kitty here and roam the nearby area; I bring back news, intel and ingredients... Kitty helps out with some potions and knowledge. (Walker pets the eagle on his shoulder with affection and Eye gives a soft caw -possibly in agreement)

I have heard a lot about your group though I don't know you as individuals. If you are willing to take on this task I do warn you that it may be dangerous, but it is something I cannot do alone, and you do come highly recommended. If Kitty says you are are up for the task, I trust her judgement.

So, if you are willing, I would like to know more about the people who might be venturing out with me...?"

(He looks at Kitty)
    " - Also....... any chance of something to boost us? My supplies are low and this is a red dragon. You know my healing skills are [embarrassed] basically unteachable according to you, so anything you could give us would be much appreciated....?"

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Marron rises and steps forward to greet Walker. Noticing that the Ranger is rather grubby, Marron spits on his hand before offering a handshake, saying “I respect Count Percival and Druid Kitty. If they trust you, then so do I. I will help fight the Dragon. I do not fear danger if the cause is just.”

Marron continues “Of course you are sensible to ask about us as companions. Like my friends here, I am a Scout from the Drannasmoor Guild. That means I can be stealthy, use two small hand weapons in combat and can learn other similar skills. Mine are climbing walls and hearing noise.
    All Scouts have a second profession – mine is a Cleric of the Arthurian Tradition.”

He proudly displays his Arthurian Holy Symbol of Turning.

“You have probably heard that we took this off some despicable bandits who had slain its previous owner, Cleric Gawain.”

Marron bows his head briefly in respect to the fallen Cleric, then adds “By the grace of the Arthurian Tradition, I can cast a few spells each day. These include Cure Wounds, Detect Evil, Detect Magic and Identify Magic. I am also able to turn back – or even destroy (!) lesser undead such as Skeletons and Zombies.
    Apart from combat, I enjoy playing the flute and fishing.
    I have travelled a little through Sherwoodshire and met both Merlin the Freeport Sage and Mayor Tuck the leader of the Arthurian Tradition in Sherwoodshire.”

Registered
    Dec 2022

"Well, thank you, ... Marron?"

(Walker looks at his hand and wipes it off on his trousers)

"You sound like you could be useful, and from what I've heard you are honest and brave. It would be an honour to have you alongside me and I am sure your skills will be useful... though I am not sure that we will meet any undead. At least, I hope not. Dragons I can deal with; undead... not so much my thing. But it sounds like you might have some experience there."

Registered
    Mar 2012

Aislinn watches all this keenly, although as usual she's careful not to be caught staring; easy enough to do, with her hood that shadows her face and bandages. She appreciates Walker's openness--well, his apparent openness, she reminds herself--and envies the connection between him and Eye.

Marron's method of handshaking surprises and repulses her. It also seems disrespectful, but perhaps it has a deeper meaning wherever he's from. Walker's reaction suggests he's not familiar with it either. Aislinn's interested and impressed by Marron's skills and knowledge. Of course she's trained with her fellow Scouts and their current adventures have shown their prowess. But she's never known precisely what they're capable of.

She looks expectantly at Saradoc. Or maybe "hopefully" is the better word. She'd prefer him to speak before coming up with something for herself to say.

Registered
    Mar 2012

In the brief silence, Aislinn abruptly decides it's probably more attention-drawing to be too interested in avoiding attention.

"I haven't so much to tell," she says, shrugging one shoulder. "I'm from up north aways. Traveled for some time alone, so I know the northwest area somewhat. I am good at stealth and concealment. Not as good as I wish to be; I still have a lot to learn. I know much of past history--ancient past history. Not of much help with a dragon, I expect. Otherwise I can fight with knives, and have quick enough hands if anything needs to be... taken. Also, I seem to..."

Aislinn's voice drops into silence and continues hesitantly after a glance at Kitty. "I seem to be able to make things appear? Certain things. A wolf, yesterday, during a battle. But it vanished. I didn't see where it went," she adds in gentle regret, remembering how safe she felt when meeting the wolf's icy blue stare. "Nor am I sure I will see it again."

After a few seconds pondering the experience in wonder, she realizes she is speaking far too much about something she doesn't yet understand. The fog that Kitty has implied was part of Aislinn's own nature? She won't say anything about it until there's more to tell.

She shakes her head and changes course. "That's all, really. Forgive me, I ran on more than I'm accustomed to."

Registered
    Dec 2022

Walker nods. "Thank you for your openness. I hope you find your wolf again, it - he, she? - sounds like a useful companion." Again, he pats the bird on his shoulder. "It is good to have a friend alongside you when you are often wandering alone.

Hmm, but I wouldn't advise you go hand-to- ....claw? Teeth? Tail?... with a dragon. Who among you can fight at range? From a brief and ..... painful.... experience, it is best to tackle a dragon with some distance between you and it." His eyes scan over the group, trying to assess if this is going to be a viable or even survivable enterprise.

"Red dragons are usually evil in nature, but of course there can be exceptions, though this one so far appears to be living up to the stereotype. I can speak in their language, so that might be of some use perhaps. If we do head out together, I warn you that Walker's [he blushes slightly] Crag will require some climbing skills to get atop of. It is a fairly easy climb I think, if you have any ability, and if not, I have rope to help. I've climbed it many times and I can point out where the easy foot and hand-holds are. Of course, we would then have the issue of being atop a crag with a dragon. Or, I guess, we could stay at the bottom and lure the dragon down to us.

This is all, of course, assuming that you are up for this challenge. Do you as a group usually work as mercenaries? I'm afraid that I myself cannot offer any monetary reward, though maybe others would contribute if we rid the region of this enemy....?" He looks over at Druid Kitty with a shrug.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Saradoc speaks to Walker. "I have some skill as an archer, and a good, strong bow.
    I am willing to fight if necessary to rid our lands of the blight of the Mordred Cabal - I owe it to my benefactor, Thrimgol, Bishop in Nevrast.
    I think highly of Arthurian Clerics... and Archers (!) (He winks.)

I had a boating accident in my youth and nearly drowned. It still gets to me sometimes.
    But my boating accident was not really an accident. It was a direct result of an ambush by an Empire raiding party. It must have been mistaken identity which led to them targeting my boat. They thought I was an enemy. Well, they have their wish – I am their enemy now

+ Reply to thread