+ Reply to thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Sherwoodshire roleplaying (companion thread)

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Well a culprit has been identified (and no doubt Druid Kitty will explain how she knew Violet was the 'inside person.')

However there was a fiendish scheme afoot, so you are right to be wary of what actually happened...

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yes, Goodberries last one day (otherwise you could amass a stockpile...)

Things will soon become clear (there was a fiendish plot after all!)

Sorry about delays in posting - I've had a hectic (but enjoyable) week.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I'll be posting tomorrow - thanks for your support!

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm happy to be back posting - thanks for your patience!

I've posted in the 'Crime Dossier' thread the timeline of the crime.

I realise this was a jolly complicated crime and I congratulate the party on solving it.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I think that I’m not really running the game in the style the players would like – my apologies for that.

I have really enjoyed working with players to create characters and then seeing their interactions in the game.
    Now I need to think carefully about how to proceed. I’m going to put the game on hold for a week or two.

I do appreciate the effort you’ve put in and hope we can continue.

Registered
    Dec 2022

@glee we are clearly enjoying it so much that we've ignored your plan to get this cancelled and are going on regardless

But anyway, aside from that, I think that we are just more enjoying the RP-side of it and would like more time to explore that and your world. For example, the "mystery" was solved in a single roll, whereas I think we'd have been happy to talk about it and investigate clues for weeks haha. This is not criticism just I think a different outlook on how we were approaching the game. For me, in a text-based game, I prefer to learn about the characters and environments and talk to the other players and NPCs. But there is no right or wrong way to do it

Registered
    Mar 2012

Yup very much agree, ping!

As we wait, this is a fun, albeit vulgar--like, seriously, if you object to cursing, might wanna steer clear--Bruno-Mars-esque song that offers a new take on an RPG quest perception check. Actually, the song greatly reminds me of Flight of the Concords, if you know the comedy duo/TV series. Might just be the Antipodean accent. Enjoy!

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

As I've explained to you all, I sadly do have to bring this highly enjoyable (but complicated) campaign to a close.
    Many thanks to ping for suggesting you do have a combat against the gnome horse thief - I'm happy to run that and then finish.

As far as riding goes - even if a character does not have Horsemanship, they can either ride a normal horse at a walk, or lead that horse around.
    So Aislinn can choose either of the above methods for the normal Keep horse impersonating Argent Blaze.

Once the combat is over, I will send out details of the new campaign (where you each play a young member of an Ocean Barbarian tribe.)
    I do hope you will all stay on as I'm confident I can make the new adventure even more enjoyable than the current one!

Registered
    Mar 2012

That's really a shame but I certainly understand the decision, glee. I know my hoping to nudge the game in a more storytelling direction is likely made the game less workable given your host of other commitments, not to mention your preferred gameplay style. I had a lot of fun notwithstanding, and I greatly enjoyed all the interactions Aislinn had with the party, and especially with ping's Walker.

I'll finish out this campaign, of course, but as y'all can probably tell from how I played Aislinn, I can't imagine I'd be able to play an ocean barbarian or any combat/fighting-based class. Someone who goes in sword-first (or whatever ocean barbarians use) is beyond my meager roleplaying capabilities. Anyway combat's my least favorite part of standard RPGs, so it wouldn't suit me.

But best of luck and tons of gratitude to you all--glee especially, of course!--for letting me inhabit Sherwoodshire if only for a relatively short while. And apologies again for all I did to harm the atmosphere of this campaign. I truly just wanted to boost the PCs' agency because of the entertaining universe that was set up. Thanks again for all the hard work, guys.

+ Reply to thread