+ Reply to thread

Thread: Announcement: Possible downtime for site move

Registered
    Mar 2012

Default Announcement: Possible downtime for site move

Hi everyone. Finally getting around to arranging a move to a new host--actually, a host service I've used for 20 years, so not really "new" to me, yay! The one we've been using has always been surplus to our needs, and the fees keep going up until for the past year we're talking $50 per month, which is just crazy for a message board community this minuscule, not to mention this server keeps having tech issues due to absurd caps on data.

I am very very grateful to the two Patreons we've had during the time I've been admin! We've been down to one for the past yearish but over the time both have been so incredibly helpful! Luckily with the move I should be paying a fraction of the current fee, so the burden will be off of y'all! Again, many many thanks for the years of financial support to those who were able to. Most importantly, this hosting company is reliable and the owner & team there are all extremely helpful.

Anyway. Not sure how much downtime will be needed during the changeover. The domain might have just a short delay, but I'll try to pass along an IP address if I get the sense mellophant.com won't be pointed at the right spot for a day or two. (Doubtful but propagation is tricky sometimes.)

PLEASE NOTE: There might be some time where I recommend not posting anything that you won't mind losing.

So that's all! If you have any questions, let me know.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Good luck, see you on the other side.

+ Reply to thread