+ Reply to thread

Thread: Things you hate

Registered
    Jul 2013

Default Things you hate

Yeah, well, the subject title pretty much says it all.

In no particular order:

tailgaters
    fast-burning cigarettes
    faulty lighters
    tailgaters: no excuse is possible
    people who lead or participate in "group" anything: STFU

Add to that.

Registered
    Feb 2009

people in customer service jobs who hate people
    people who insist they are always right, even about things they know nothing about

Registered
    Feb 2009

Oh, and connected to my first one: United Airlines

Registered
    Jul 2013

I'm on board, so to speak, with United hate. I think they're the carrier I've flown the most with, by far. Well, I mean, I guess they're OK, but that's a pretty low bar by which to excel as an airline. Both their employees and their dicking around and such, especially during foul weather, and failure to recompense extreme events, yeah, they suck dong, not that there's anything wrong with it. Eh, sure, I guess. I haven't flown in years, and I'm not likely to in the near future, so I don't care much.

Fucking. Car. Fucking. Drivers. Fuck. You. Cunts. And or Micro-Dicks.

Fucking insane, deranged, inexperienced, morons. How can one fail at driving a car in a relatively halcyon environment, such as this highway on my way back home, or away from (they're better going towards town, generally, but not by much)?

Two fucking lanes westbound. Not fucking difficult. It's a forty-mile-per-hour (y'all can convert to clicks and all that, but I'm not going to grab the slide rule) road, there's traffic on rush hour. Typically, overtaking cars in the right lane shouldn't be a taxing process. Typically it's not.

I think severe brain trauma is the only explanation. They're clearly not texting given their wonderful displays of changing-lanes. Complete imbeciles. Yeah, well, I honestly do my best to ensure that they die on the road, and it wouldn't bother me a bit if their offspring perished in the crack-up as well. Just die. That's death penalty shit.

Registered
    Feb 2009

People in Internet groups who don't post any relevant content, but do post about how the people who do provide content should do it better.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yeah, but does anyone know of a good podcast about something good that is also free?

Also, I really discovered after compulsively reading Encyclopedia Dramatica that not only do nerds still suck but also pretty much everything on the internet. don't give a fuck, but at least if im going to eavesdrop, it should be amusing.

I also hate the ... I forgot what ... oh yeah the autocomplete "feature" of the so-called Hacker's Keyboard for Android is a bunch of shit.

Also,I'm pretty sure this guy I vaguely know from the bar is in the process of cheating on his wife with some chippie. that's ok with me: i

Registered
    Jul 2013

Oh, that got mangled, that last. See? "Hacker's Keyboard" for Android. Fucking up my shit. I guess on a tablet or one of those giant granny-phablets it would be better. Not for a reasonably sized phone, though.

Oh, also, this just in, fucking people driving all crazy and shit. If a fucking half-blind moron exhausted from physical pursuits can do it, I'm pretty sure anyone can. Bunch of assneck freaks.

And also, pedestrians. I don't know, but I thought I remembered something about looking before you leap. I don't give a shit who jaywalks or whatever, but it's on you: do it or don't do it, you bunch of pot-smoking cretins. I'm the drunkest fucking pedestrian-walker-idiot there is, and yet I never been hit, and it's only very rarely attribuable to mutual awareness on the part of the automobilists. Walk like you've got a pair, you fucking Californians.

Also, pretty much everybody makes me want to puke. Shit music, bullshit speaking voices, crap ideas. Just fuck off, people.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I also hate motherfuckers "presenting" fucking peanut butter about once a month on their "burger of the week." Yeah, I get it, you're having fun and possibly unloading some unneeded ingredients, while perhaps masking unpleasant core ingredients.

It's stupid, somewhat revolting, messy, and fucking childish.

Are you going to serve me a glass of milk, too, you fucking bar?

Oh, but it's OK, because it also is topped with sriracha. You fucking old fuck hipster stain of a GM. I got your name, you man-cow bitch.

Still, it's two dollars cheaper than a bacon cheeseburger, and sometimes the BOTW is really good. Anyway, I don't have to think about it upon ordering and it's easy and fast for the staff to just crap one out and let me devour it rather than going through a bunch of idiocy about kinds of breads and cheeses, about which I don't give a fuck.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Fucking A, I'm really getting tired of buying cigarettes and — yeah, I speak clearly, but not so quick it can't be understood.

King size.

"Oh, you want the shorts?"

You mean do I want the Marlboro 72s?

No, I do not.

Mongo ask for 100s if mongo is a septuagenarian women or a Mexican.

Did I say "Hundreds?" No. I said King size. As in regular fucking size.

Bunch of faggy-ass vapers who don't know what the shit basic words mean.

Fucking A.

Yeah, I know languages evolve, but industry terms generally are pretty stable.

Every interaction where I have to use two or three different terms to mean the same thing, in one or two sentences, really makes my pussy dry.

It's not that complicated. King size does not mean "shorts," just as it doesn't mean 100s. Anyway, most Kings weren't all that tall, I don't think. Henri IV wasn't tall, I don't think, but he was a king. A damned good king.

Bastards.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I'm kind of tired of people testing my patience by asking a bunch of questions.

Yes, I keep my blood pressure down and haven't stroked out yet by just methodically answering idiotic questions in a somewhat cheerful manner.

"Yeah, that's the basic idea."

"Well, I'm not sure. We're all just wait and see."

"Yeah, I understand, I think we're all in the same boat."

"Well, that's half the fun!"

I'm not sure how much is getting through to certain people and how much is just random blather.

I also hate random blather.

Bullshitting, just relaxed talking: great!

Random frantic nonsense? Suck it.

Well, when I do it, it's fine, but that's different.

Registered
    Sep 2009

People who run red lights and stop signs
    People who bring crying and/or noisy children to concerts
    Republicans who make excuses for Trump that they would never make for Obama or Hillary
    Gadgets that only work some of the time
    Overly-complicated software
    Tight shoes

Registered
    Jul 2013

I currently hate the thought of one of my male coworkers getting a bit more friendly with one of the "job-adjacent" third-party associates than me.

I still think she likes me better.

I also think she's just getting through the day, same as everybody.

But I still hate the very notion of somebody chewing the hambone with some woman who should be doing it up right. I think that's a Ray Charles song.

/////////

Also, I still hate fucking shitty drivers.

Where the fuck do you think you're going, bitch? It's a goddamned two-laned highway during rush hour.

This isn't fucking Hazzard County, and, last I checked, everybody is driving plenty fast and isn't blocking no lanes.

So get the sister-cousin dick out of your cornholing mouth, you shit-stained motherfucker, and fucking pay attention.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I absolutely HATE this one guy at work. So does everybody. I think he's a little bit mental, but he knows how to do a lot of stuff. He just goes off and does his own preparation for our cycles of traffic, with no seeming initeraction or communication. Pretty often he's not wrong, or at least not working at cross-purposes to our plans, but 100% of the time everybody else is wondering "WTF is he doing?"

He also ALWAYS has a radio, and he has terrible etiquette on it. Like he's got to be the first to respond, and even demand things to be transmitted from the gals working the door. [ETA Not that that's wrong, necessarily, but you could try asking "please" once in a while, or "can you guys do this?" I mean, come on: very often the people at the door are people I'm work-friends with and even outside of work. You can't talk to my people like that. It makes me very unmoist.]

We've got a legitimately intellectually-challenged guy on our team who kind of him and me ... I think he thinks of me like an older brother or something ... but while occasionally he can be a bit stubborn, that's rarely it. I'd take one of him over ten of antisocial psycho any day of the week: at least I know what he's up to and I can surreptitiously make little corrections when needed.

I love that little guy: he's definitely with some problems, but he's always on time, he has a good attitude, he asks questions when he's not sure, and he wants things done the right way. I don't mind making a few modifications here and there: that's small potatoes.

It's like the age-old truth about who you hire to be in a band: the guy who can shred like Joe Pass or whoever but is not on the same wavelength as humans, or the guy who makes the job fun, even if you have to cover up some weak spots in his or her performances.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 18 Dec 2019 at 09:10 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Hmmm...

Something about tailgaters on the road. Pretty sure I don't care for that. You know, "hate" is a very strong word, but, pretty sure I don't care for that.

New Year's "resolutions."

That I do kind of hate. I mean, whatever, if people want to commemorate St. Sylvester or whatever, power to them.

I don't like the cultural ubiquity of the whole thing: sounds like an Oprah or Dr. Phil "very special episode" type thing.

Yeah: I'd like to stop being such a fatass, but that would hamper my beer-drinking, in a big way!

I wait for Lent.

Do what makes you happy, but I wait for Lent, stop drinking beer, memorize some more music so I'm not such a slave to the score for certain pieces.

ETA Oh, that "person" at work. Christ, shit fuck. I have very seldom wanted to beat someone to death with my bare hands before now. You know, someone whom I know personally. Insanely idiotic drivers? Sure. But they're just defectives. Every single fucking thing I did, I turn around, and he's fucking everything up. Like he's the fucking savant master of the goddamned warehouse! Dude. I would push him off a cliff by hand if the situation arose. The little supervisor or manager, yeah, they're pretty lame, but at least they communicate their intentions. Fucking my shit up means fucking up the shit of my team, and I like my team, for the most part. Don't fuck with my people! And don't be rude to them either, even if it's by absence of affect.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 01 Jan 2020 at 12:25 AM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Drivers who won't move out of the passing lane
    DVD cases that express movie running times only in minutes, instead of hours and minutes
    DVD cases that put the release date of the movie in extremely small writing

Registered
    Jul 2013

Oh, this is going to sound super lame, and it almost surely is.

So, as far as internet forums go, I don't do a lot. Reddit for some specialized stuff about a few oddball Linux variants, and a few other things. Some home-brewing and pipe forums, and a few others like that, very sporadic. Here, of course. Etc. A few musician (well, keyboardist/pianist) forums where it's 90% joking around and 10% hardcore things like "which angle parallel to the keyboard should I orient my elbow to execute this particular passage" or so forth.

But I lurk a bit at some other places, and, I'll give an example, from some Board about people being Straight or whatever that deal is. Somebody asks a neat, clear, honest question about something about "what's the electromotive force of a photon" (or whatever: I don't know two shits about physics, but I did the standard calculus+physics+chemistry sequence, so, I can somewhat follow, I just don't care too much).

Things I hate? Some turd pipes up like "yeah, no it's not like anything I heard!"

And then doubles down when adults are speaking. "Yeah, well, also, besides."

Yeah, it's extremely easy to avoid, but out of a sense of justice, I want even MOAR smackdown of that waste of sperm and egg.

It's easy to avoid everywhere, but it's almost everywhere you look.

Complete morons, who are morons without any doubt, getting uppity.

So, that's a very small hate, but I admit to checking threads like that regularly just to see how much more punishment can be unloaded on some stoop durr quasi-troll.

Yeah, so I'm a bad man. Whatever.

Oh, I also am sick to my stomach after reading the comments to many of the "articles" on thetruthaboutguns. I'm not a gun nut, by any means, I just enjoy the tech behind it and some of the politics. And I do enjoy shooting, as much as my broke ass can afford cartridges and as close I can get, being cross-eye dominant and pretty darned blind at +20m without glasses. Some of those comments make me ashamed to call myself a human being.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 03 Mar 2020 at 05:05 AM. Reason: shaddup

+ Reply to thread