+ Reply to thread

Thread: GHWB has died

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Apr 2015

Default GHWB has died

Bush 41 gone at 94. Signed the ADA, the civil rights legislation that effected the highest % of the American people.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Is that right? ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act ) was a very important law but on just numbers, I think the Civil Rights Act of 1964 effected a higher percentage.

He was a firmly middling President and I believe future generation will agree, at least those handful that think about such things. His VP pick was terrible and why I voted off in the general election, but I did vote for Bush the Elder in the Primary.

Very good on foreign policy and somewhat clueless on domestic. He was by all accounts a religious man and to his great credit kept it out of his politics and public speaking.

I salute his service time during WWII, full combat duty as a Navy Flyer. His plane was hit fighting over Chichi Jima. He lost his 2 crew mates and barely survived himself. Rescued by a sub.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Apr 2015

WE: I believe if you include the ENTIRE CRA (like Title IX) you're probably correct. I heard something amazing during the coverage: 1988 TX HOP primary was his FIRST statewide win in TX.

+ Reply to thread