+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Go fuck yourself TheFlame

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Go fuck yourself TheFlame

Quote Originally posted by Excalibur
    Also Chimera, I didn't mean to sound cruel in my post above. Please don't stop having no strings attached sex with me.
    See what I meant about faggots?

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Conservative
    See what I meant about faggots?
    They keep sucking your dick?
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene
    Bitches, fags, everybody is on my dick. I have to fucking kick ass every fucking day to keep the bitches and the faggots at bay. This is where our sacred second amendment rights come in.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Conservative
    Bitches, fags, everybody is on my dick. I have to fucking kick ass every fucking day to keep the bitches and the faggots at bay. This is where our sacred second amendment rights come in.
    I am so aroused right now.

Registered
    Apr 2009

And she said, you gave me vd.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Batman
    Mr. Peanut, not J Word, unless you know something I don't.
    Ugh, omg. I was answering J Word in another thread at the same time I was answering to this thread! I apologize to J Word for confusing him and implying anything bad about him. Sorry.
    Woah.
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    I was browsing this thread and thought something had happened and i was in trouble.
    All is good

J

Registered
    Mar 2009

There you go. A three page thread. Half a dozen on topic replies and the rest complete and utter crap. Where's the fucking moderation now? Consistency is what I'm after. Do it once. Do it again. Don't do it once. Don't complain when it happens again. Sheesh. It's not that hard mods. Get an act, any act, into gear, but get an act. This seemingly random moderation is annoying.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Caught@Work
    Unacceptable behaviour for a mod to do on their own. You should have discussed this with the remainder of the mod staff and then decided a course of action. Random actions that by your own admission are not SOP are not the way to moderate a board. There is an SOP for handling this sort of thing, so SOP should have been used. Regardless of what you think, the mod have rules and you should keep to them.
    There you go. A three page thread. Half a dozen on topic replies and the rest complete and utter crap. Where's the fucking moderation now? Consistency is what I'm after. Do it once. Do it again. Don't do it once. Don't complain when it happens again. Sheesh. It's not that hard mods. Get an act, any act, into gear, but get an act. This seemingly random moderation is annoying.
    WTF are you talking about?

These are the rules. There's a rule against posting as a sock without having the word SOCK in your username and against using socks for trolling. There isn't an 'SOP' as to how to go about enforcing those rules, and I don't know what makes you so certain that there is one. Also, there's no such thing as "mod school". We are all learning on the job, so to speak.

There's no rule against posting off-topic posts in Thunderdome threads, hence no mods acted on that.
    I didn't make the world this way, it was like this when I got here

Registered
    Mar 2009

1. Except that the person you accused, wasn't. So there. When I saw The Hive and read what it was about, I made the assumption that the mods discussed actions before taking them. That's my fault for misunderstanding what The Hive was all about. I've also misunderstood what I thought this thread was for. "Place to discuss reports and if moderation is needed in a thread." viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1203 I see now that ONLY if a post is REPORTED does it get discussed. My fault completely.

2. Understood and accepted. Not with good grace. Having threads head off in a dozen different directions is frustrating and non-productive. If there are no rules, there are no rules. Having a decent standard of moderation with regards to on topic posts would be better than random spewing of peoples bullshit in whatever thread they happen to have open. However, it's not MY sandpit, so I'll let you play whatever games you like to play and I'll just stop by every now and then and spew some random bullshit if you threads just for the fucking fun of it. Yeah, like that won't get tiresome quickly. I would have called this type of behaviour "jerkish", but maybe the mod interpretation is different. Funny thing that, words are interpreted differently by different people. If hotshit hijacking and random off topic posting is not being a jerk, then what is?

Registered
    Feb 2009

1. Except that the person you accused, wasn't. So there. When I saw The Hive and read what it was about, I made the assumption that the mods discussed actions before taking them. That's my fault for misunderstanding what The Hive was all about. I've also misunderstood what I thought this thread was for. "Place to discuss reports and if moderation is needed in a thread." viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1203 I see now that ONLY if a post is REPORTED does it get discussed. My fault completely.
    Yeah, I'll encourage (and have encouraged in the past) the moderators to use the Hive more. I also think threatening a ban was a mistake, and I've made this known to TheFlame, as, even if Mr. Peanut is a sock, he hasn't really done anything wrong.

(Although, there is a fundamental tension between complete transparency and posters not wanting e.g. the hidden online status of a poster being made known, or the IP details, or whatever, all things that need to be taken into account when moderating. I wonder is a better way of handling this is to have a hidden moderator forum, then have all threads in that forum moved into The Hive after a week, or something, and made visible? Thoughts on this would be appreciated.)

Understood and accepted. Not with good grace. Having threads head off in a dozen different directions is frustrating and non-productive. If there are no rules, there are no rules. Having a decent standard of moderation with regards to on topic posts would be better than random spewing of peoples bullshit in whatever thread they happen to have open. However, it's not MY sandpit, so I'll let you play whatever games you like to play and I'll just stop by every now and then and spew some random bullshit if you threads just for the fucking fun of it.
    What's wrong with just starting a thread in ADF, where the posts are kept on topic, about a moderator's actions? Thunderdome is the only forum where threads are allowed to wander. Threads get split in other forums, if the posts get off-topic.
    Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur
    D'une langueur Monotone

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

[quote=CRSP]
    Yeah, I'll encourage (and have encouraged in the past) the moderators to use the Hive more. I also think threatening a ban was a mistake, and I've made this known to TheFlame, as, even if Mr. Peanut is a sock, he hasn't really done anything wrong.

(Although, there is a fundamental tension between complete transparency and posters not wanting e.g. the hidden online status of a poster being made known, or the IP details, or whatever, all things that need to be taken into account when moderating. I wonder is a better way of handling this is to have a hidden moderator forum, then have all threads in that forum moved into The Hive after a week, or something, and made visible? Thoughts on this would be appreciated.)

Quote Originally posted by "Caught@Work":2m8bcajf
    Understood and accepted. Not with good grace. Having threads head off in a dozen different directions is frustrating and non-productive. If there are no rules, there are no rules. Having a decent standard of moderation with regards to on topic posts would be better than random spewing of peoples bullshit in whatever thread they happen to have open. However, it's not MY sandpit, so I'll let you play whatever games you like to play and I'll just stop by every now and then and spew some random bullshit if you threads just for the fucking fun of it.
    What's wrong with just starting a thread in ADF, where the posts are kept on topic, about a moderator's actions? Thunderdome is the only forum where threads are allowed to wander. Threads get split in other forums, if the posts get off-topic.[/quote:2m8bcajf]
    Having a hidden message automatically becoming public has inherent problems.

Example: Moderator A thinks Poster X may be trolling, and sends a PM to other Mods who collectively determine that Poster X isn't doing anything wrong. So Moderator A accepts peer input and the matter is dropped. If the message later becomes public, Poster X may react with anger and hostility towards Moderator A because of the original suspicion, even though the matter was put to rest. Transparency is good, but it is also possible to have too much of a good thing, IMO.
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by danceswithcats
    Having a hidden message automatically becoming public has inherent problems.

Example: Moderator A thinks Poster X may be trolling, and sends a PM to other Mods who collectively determine that Poster X isn't doing anything wrong. So Moderator A accepts peer input and the matter is dropped. If the message later becomes public, Poster X may react with anger and hostility towards Moderator A because of the original suspicion, even though the matter was put to rest. Transparency is good, but it is also possible to have too much of a good thing, IMO.
    Agreed and I also want to apologize for posting last night when I was too tired and a little drunk. I stand by what I said but apparently I could not type or proof last night.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Also Chimera, I didn't mean to sound cruel in my post above. Please don't stop having no strings attached sex with me.
    Hey, an angry fuck is still a fuck, and allows some release of aggression.

Bend over.
    I reserve the right to be bothered by things that don't faze you,
    and to cheerfully ignore things that bug the shit out of you.
    I am not you.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit?
    While all the mods are here: is there a rule against me changing my avatar to a picture of my scrotum?
    I hope so. (That there is a rule against it.)

Besides I think it is just me here for now and I need to crash soon.

The Rules!

Keep these safe for work.
    No flashing or animated avatars,
    Anybody using joke images, such as browser crashers, will be instabanned.
    Wait, what are these browser crasher images?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by CRSP
    That sounds like a good idea (although someone already posted a possible problem with it). Definitely worth discussing in any case.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sapo
    Wait, what are these browser crasher images?
    Images with malformed data, to exploit the unrobustness of certain browser's image parsing routines. (There was the "Safari image of doom" for Macs, for example. Harder than it sounds, actually. Vulnerabilities like these pose a real security risk and usually get fixed pretty quickly.) In other words, if you upload a broken file that causes other people's browsers to crash, you're history, no further discussion.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Hypothetically asking... If other users were doing all their general web browsing (including Domebo) through a VPN provider, are they now under scrutiny of being a possible sock of Mister Peanut?

Registered
    Feb 2009

No. There's no reason for anybody to be looking at IPs, unless a poster is a dick. Like I said when I set this place up, the paranoia about socks over at SDMB was ridiculous.
    Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur
    D'une langueur Monotone

Registered
    Apr 2009

Quote Originally posted by CRSP
    No. There's no reason for anybody to be looking at IPs, unless a poster is a dick. Like I said when I set this place up, the paranoia about socks over at SDMB was ridiculous.
    Someone needs to tell that to TheFlame.

And how is it ok for Excalibur and several moderators to deliberately try to derail this thread with their hijacks? That seems a lot more like being a jerk than anything I've done.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Mister Peanut
    And how is it ok for Excalibur and several moderators to deliberately try to derail this thread with their hijacks? That seems a lot more like being a jerk than anything I've done.
    How dare you, sir! Everything I posted was relevant and insightful commentary on the thread's topic.

Registered
    Apr 2009

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

That's a lot of rolling.

As far as I know, T'Dome threads are subject to silly hijacks. Besides, Excalibur was nice enough to take the biggest hijack out to its own thread .

As to participating in the hijack. I answered questions and had a little fun. I was also trying to diffuse a side fight and humor tends to help. Even my sad attempts at humor seem to help.

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I would like to propose the virtual sock. This would allow basically decent posters the opportunity to flame other posters on a relatively infrequent basis.

It would work like this: I start a post with this in caps: SOCK

After that, everyone pretends that someone other than me is making the post.

Example:

SOCK

Sarafeena,

You are Catholic and a woman, so you naturally wouldn't understand a complicated issue like this.

END SOCK

Now everyone pretends that it was some sock, but not me, that flamed Sarafeena.

Maybe give everyone 4 SOCKS per quarter.

Please, discuss.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I think I can safely say that that is the single best idea ever proposed by a human being in all of recorded history.

Registered
    Apr 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit?
    As far as I know, T'Dome threads are subject to silly hijacks. Besides, Excalibur was nice enough to take the biggest hijack out to its own thread .

As to participating in the hijack. I answered questions and had a little fun. I was also trying to diffuse a side fight and humor tends to help. Even my sad attempts at humor seem to help.
    As a moderator you shouldn't be contributing to a blatant hijack like that. It's not your job to diffuse an argument that doesn't concern you.

Registered
    Feb 2009

What is with you malcontents bumping all these old threads lately?
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Registered
    Apr 2009

This is my thread. I'm not just bumping old threads for no reason. I haven't posted for a while cuz my ip was blocked.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Carry on, then. It just seems like it has become quite the rage lately.

Registered
    Mar 2009

[quote=Mister Peanut]
    Quote Originally posted by "What Exit?":1q5ggaek

As a moderator you shouldn't be contributing to a blatant hijack like that. It's not your job to diffuse an argument that doesn't concern you.[/quote:1q5ggaek]

No mod tags were used. As a poster he can contribute to, or diffuse any damn hijack, argument, trainwreak or fist fight he wants.
    Welcome to Mellophant.

We started with nothing and we still have most of it left.

Registered
    Feb 2009

This is my thread. I'm not just bumping old threads for no reason. I haven't posted for a while cuz my ip was blocked.
    (Bringing this thread almost full-circle):

One of the Anonymouse IPs was blocked probably during the cleaning-up of the second '/b/ raid' (probably not actually /b/). See here.
    I didn't make the world this way, it was like this when I got here

Registered
    Apr 2009

Unless your downloading kiddie porn, why do you need an anonymous ip?

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by SeeOhTwo
    Why I think you've answered your own question there my good man

Registered
    Apr 2009

Fuck you!!! My work blocks a lot of sites I like to look at so I use a proxy. Is that a crime?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Fuck you!!! My work blocks a lot of sites I like to look at so I use a proxy. Is that a crime?
    It might be. Are you looking at little peanut sprouts? Baby legumes? I won't pass judgment. Promise. Brohug?
    Aka: Sierra Indigo

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

How do you download something using an anonymous IP? If you are disguising where you are, how would your downloads get to you?
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

The download site sends the download packets to the anonymous proxy server and the proxy then forwards the packets along to you.

Registered
    Apr 2009

So you didn't post for days because your ip was blocked. No internet at home, huh bud?

But how could I be so stupid? I should have said downloading kiddie porn and hiding multiple user accounts on message boards.

+ Reply to thread