+ Reply to thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Middle Earth FA63 D&D Game: First Adventure - Skirmishes in Angmar

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: Middle Earth FA63 D&D Game: First Adventure - Skirmishes in Angmar

The contentious party loads Mellowbeorn into the Bear cart and begin the journey home. His own horse switches off with the cart horse and occasionally Little Bear rides to save energy. Movement is slow but steady back to the south. Please continue discussions as travel happens.

This party has effectively failed to gel as a group.

Sandy is quite disgusted and will be leaving once Mellowbeorn is safe at Rivendell.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Apr 2009

"What led me to that conclusion is watching the tall folks debate what to do with the nasty beast. While you were talking our friend lays there in need of help. Action not words were needed i just removed the cause for all the words".

"Ok forest mage in the cart check. Goblins dealt with check. Reason to wait for more goblins and orcs, cant think of a good one".

If nobody else is going to drive the cart i tie a lead from my horse to the lead of the cart horse. Trying to keep it untangled from my pack horse. If that wont work i will just tie it to my pack horse and head out. I have a friend in need and am not going to stand around moaning and weeping over a dead orc.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Whtwulf
    "What led me to that conclusion is watching the tall folks debate what to do with the nasty beast.
    We weren't debating. It had already been stated by Theogrim that we would send the charmed Goblin off.
    Then some of the party decided to kill him instead.

While you were talking our friend lays there in need of help. Action not words were needed i just removed the cause for all the words".
    Several minutes did indeed pass - before we set off on the journey back, which will take about 11 days.
    (I think you also removed the cause for some of us staying with the party.)

...Goblins dealt with check...
    Apart from the one in the tunnel and the one nearby...

I have a friend in need and am not going to stand around moaning and weeping over a dead orc.
    There's a difference between 'moaning and weeping' and praying to the Valar.
    My motto is "Never apologise, never explain."

Sorry, I should say that I got that from Colin Hoult...

Registered
    Mar 2009

The dwarf did the right thing, or i would have done it myself. When we return and devide up the treasure i will also be leaveing i can not work with people who pray for gobblins and can not listen to folk that have been in these parts before and when they give suggestions they are not listend too. If you are to remain a group, get your heads our of your rear, this is the wilds your in and these are your enemies, they will kill you then eat you maybe not in that order. Some of you have spent want too much time in cloisters or red singing rooms so dont know what the hell is going on out here anymore, this is life as a adventurer if you cant live by it, dont do it.
    Thirty minutes of Googling not only doesn't make you an expert in a subject,it doesn't even make you right.Real life experience and education will win out every single time

Stegodon
    Registered
    Apr 2009

"Bahhh after fighting these beasties i dont trust them as far as i can throw them. I have see far to many of my kin killed by them for me to worry about one orc. There is little i can do about the 2 orcs that are unacounted for so i dont know where they are or how far away the rest of the orcs are so i felt that wasting time debating what to do with an orc, that would gladly kill all of us, was a good idea".

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Arduine
    i can not work with people who pray for gobblins and can not listen to folk that have been in these parts before and when they give suggestions they are not listend too.
    Macsalin has been in these parts for over 350 years - and when he suggested we kill orcs in the tunnels by getting Dugar to give a war-cry, he was ignored.
    Your suggestions have been 'kill all orcs, including those that give us information' and 'let's leave'.

If you are to remain a group, get your heads our of your rear, this is the wilds your in and these are your enemies, they will kill you then eat you maybe not in that order. Some of you have spent want too much time in cloisters or red singing rooms so dont know what the hell is going on out here anymore, this is life as a adventurer if you cant live by it, dont do it.
    Strange that the charmed goblin didn't look like he was going to kill and eat us.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

" There is little i can do about the 2 orcs that are unacounted for so i dont know where they are or how far away the rest of the orcs are so i felt that wasting time debating what to do with an orc, that would gladly kill all of us, was a good idea".
    There's at least one orc in the tunnels - but you collapsed them without discussion so we can't attack him.
    And the orc was charmed...

Registered
    Mar 2009

first of all i was not in the tunnels so i did not know about the goings on down there i was on top of the tower. 2nd of all the gobblin was CHARMED, so yes he will act like a puppet till the spell wears off, then i want to see you sleep as he guts you in your sleep, and i know you have been around longer then me, but you do not act like it. Or should i say you act like a rivendal elf that has been in the city most of his life and not in the fields battling.
    Thirty minutes of Googling not only doesn't make you an expert in a subject,it doesn't even make you right.Real life experience and education will win out every single time

Registered
    Mar 2009

Also i suggested more then you have said, and it took you 150 more years of your life to equal me as a adventurer, a i pointed out way too much time in the Red room. The dwarf did right in killing that beast, and as i mentioned before if you think it is so wrong when you get back to Rivendal ask Glorifindal or the brothers if they would not have killed him also, what you belive might come to a sharp end, i have traveled with them before and see and heard what they have done, killing 1 gobblin is a small thing , so ask them please.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

first of all i was not in the tunnels so i did not know about the goings on down there i was on top of the tower. 2nd of all the gobblin was CHARMED, so yes he will act like a puppet till the spell wears off, then i want to see you sleep as he guts you in your sleep,
    Macsalin was responding to Dugar's claim that the goblins had all been dealt with. They hadn't been.
    Yes indeed the Goblin was CHARMED (although that spell does not work how you think it does). And we were sending him far away. Hard for him to 'gut us in our sleep' from many miles away.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Sabert rides on, cautiously looking out for any trouble, alongside Theogrim. He is content to letting the others in the party discuss the matter as they ride behind him; though he is listening to the fierce words said by both sides and is trying not to react to the words nonverbally.

He notices the look on the Hobbit though, and falls back to ride along side him. After a while, he quietly asks Sandy: "What seems to be the trouble, little one? Your face looks most unusually troubled, it appears more than just the druid's safety seems to be on your mind. Would you like to discuss your thoughts quietly? "
    "Dude, your statistical average, which was already in the toilet, just took a plunge into the Earth's mantle." ~ iampunha

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Sandy

Sandy to Sabert surprisingly slow but still long and with few breaths, "Thank you sir, I am concerned. This party fights itself as much as the enemy I think and that is dangerous. We were lucky no one else went down. There was no need for the risk. Glorfindel asked for scouts. We are on no desperate mission. No one listens to the assigned leader. The druid headed in after Theogrim said it was time to leave. Dugar killed the goblin after Theogrim said to let him march off. The two elves argue like Sackville-Bagginses. I think adventuring with this party is too dangerous and I look forward to the return to Rivendell."

As it went along he got loud enough for at least the Elves to overhear.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Macsalin

Macsalin hears Sandy's last few word and states:
    "I am sorry that this mission has started so awkwardly. Perhaps we had different objectives - some determined to eliminate all orcs and some to scout and find out more.
    If we reach Rivendell, we can ask for guidance."

+ Reply to thread