+ Reply to thread

Thread: I lost my cell phone

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default I lost my cell phone

I had it at 9 this morning.

I do not have it now.

I want to cry and then bite someone and then cry some more.

Son of a bitch. Do I have to call ATT? Should I wait? Will it turn up?

I am an unhappy pickle. I am a potato of great discontent.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: I lost my cell phone

Have you tried calling it?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Ferret Herder
    Have you tried calling it?
    I have. No one answers! (And, obviously, I can't hear it ringing.)

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Do you remember the last phone call? Where were you?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth - Marcus Aurelius

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm sorry, Julie. I don't think it's down here in Alabama so there isn't much I can do to help, but I am scrunching up my face real hard to help you concentrate and find it.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Registered
    Mar 2009

Evil cell phone! It should have stuck closer to you.

I am sorry. (We need a sad smiley)

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by criminey.jicket
    Do you remember the last phone call? Where were you?
    I don't think I used it today other than to fire off a text at 9. But I usually check it throughout the day because I don't wear a watch. Unfortunately, I can't make my brain recall when I last did that. I didn't go very many places, so I'm going to call around tomorrow.

But in the meantime, AAAIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Rookie.

I lost or otherwise destroyed 4 cellphones in a single year...All of which had to be replaced at full price because my boss wouldn't buy insurance.

Crying is mandatory.

Resistance is futile.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Ruby
    I lost or otherwise destroyed 4 cellphones in a single year...All of which had to be replaced at full price because my boss wouldn't buy insurance.
    Insurance is generally wasted when it comes to cellphones. When I worked for Sprint, we got a huge number of complaints about the phones the insurance company provided to people.

Despite being promised phones of "equal or greater value," customers often wound up with phones that were lesser value, or had significant problems (cigarette burns, for example).

Julie, if you haven't done so yet, call AT&T and have the thing "killed." Otherwise, you run the risk of having to pay a huge bill, if the person who found it decides to use the phone and calls places like Indonesia or something. If you do manage to find the phone, you can call AT&T and have it turned back on.
    Proud member of the '09 Phanters! K.I.L.L. S.M.U.R.F.S.
    Have you ever wondered if your mom kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob? You are now. "To be second in space is to be second in everything," LBJ

Registered
    Feb 2009

I've gone into such a panic each time I've misplaced my phone since I don't know anyone's phone number. I finally broke down and filed all the numbers that are important to me.

My phone's favorite hiding spot: between the door and seat in the car. Second place: coat pocket since it's supposed to always be in my purse.

Good luck!
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Check the fridge and freezer, too.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth - Marcus Aurelius

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I hope your phone turns up soon and unharmed, Julie.

A couple of years ago, I left my phone on the commuter rail. A very kind woman found it, and unable to get any answer on my home phone, went to the trouble of looking up my home phone number to get the address, and mailed it back to me.

Last Thanksgiving weekend, my boyfriend and I were each going to visit friends who live near each other, so we drove down together, and I left my phone in his car, and it died. The plans for him to pick me up on Sunday had been vague, and he'd only been to the (somewhat remote) house once, late at night. He didn't find the phone untiil Sunday morning, and had spent two days wondering why I wasn't answering. When he (impressively) found the place again to pick me up, he handed me the phone with a raised eyebrow, and said "We've been dating for over a year, and YOU DON'T KNOW MY PHONE NUMBER, DO YOU?"

Well, no. I don't know anyone's phone number. I was only able to call my daughter that weekend because her number is in my friend's phone. The only phone numbers I could actually remember were my home phone (with the ringer that's turned off ), and the number to my dad's store, which has been the same since I was little.

I still don't know his phone number, by the way.

Registered
    Mar 2009

It use to be that I knew every ones number but my own (because I never call myself). Now my number is the only one I know.
    Welcome to Mellophant.

We started with nothing and we still have most of it left.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I have never lost my cell phone. However, I was unable to find it for more than a day. I ended up finding it in my pocket. Which of course, I checked several times.

Recently, I had something fall on my phone from about 40 feet in the air. Needless to say, it didn't work any more.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I lost my phone last night. I spend a lot of this morning looking for it. Then I found it. Under a piece of paper.

Favorite places for my phone: Between the bed & the wall, between the seat & the car door, in the couch.
    "There are no ordinary people. ... It is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit." C.S. Lewis

Registered
    Feb 2009

Woo hoo! I don't have my phone back until tomorrow afternoon, but it's been found!

Apparently, it fell out of my coat pocket in my mother's front hall closet and landed in a boot.

The only way we found it was through cleaning out the closet because my mom is putting her house on the market.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Karma in action.

You helped your mom and the world gave you your phone.

Yay!
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

+ Reply to thread