Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: It's Party Time!

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: It's Party Time!

Quote Originally posted by RoOsh
    Hey Hey hey now....

Santo, Naf, and Criminey! What are you guys doing?!?! You guys should know better! You don't need alcohol to have a good time! That's a big no-no! I think someONE's trying to cover up their TRUE feelings by hoping it all goes away with alcohol, aren't they, Santo? It's okay to be a little bit shy at parties... but you don't need to turn to bad drugs to have a good time! You're among friends- why don't you put away that bottle, and share your TRUE feelings? I know deep down you're a good caring and loving guy, Santo.... Just put down the drink, and talk to us. I'm sure NAF and Boozy would LOVE to hear your thoughts and how you're doing.

Drugs are bad, and you don't need them to have a good time! Okayyyy!

I know, I know. You prefer the Slurpee right? But seriously, thish Chinaco is good stuff. I am not normally a tequilla guy these days, but I like this. Nice work Criminey!

@Rugger. I can't handle an inquisition without a drink of some kind! If Cuervo was all this party had, that's what I was gonna be drinkin.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Bad news guys... What Exit? has to leave the Party due to scurvy. So sad.

But the good news is his twin brother, also called What Exit?, will be arriving shortly. Everyone welcome our new(ish) Guest, with his brand new theme!

*applause*
    Something tells me we haven't seen the last of foreshadowing.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by criminey.jicket
    *nudge* Butterscotch, dear, are you quite particular about everything that goes in your mouth?
    Goodness gracious no! I hope I didn't come across as being picky, I wouldn't want to be rude like that! No, I was simply making conversation with those charming men and they seemed lke tequilla experts! I just thought I would make more of an effort as I often just stand around looking lost you see. Won't kill me to try and join in a little more will it! I'm loving these snacks by the way, who did the food?
    "We don't need to all lose glitter privileges because one kid makes a sparkly penis on the carpeting." - Excalibur

The Apostabulous Inner Stickler's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Hello, hello, hello! Sorry about arriving so late; my invitation must have gotten lost in the mail. I always tell that silly postman to ring 2 times but he never does! Aren't these little cucumber sandwiches delish!
    I don't think so, therefore I'm probably not.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Hi everyone, time to get this party started. I think it is only fair to warn you that I plan to do some hard drinking tonight and by 3 in the morning that porcelain throne on the ground floor will be mine. I brought a few friends, Johnnie, Jack, Jim and my amigo Jose.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Just to clarify, folks: when I said in post #23 that jali had not used her theme, I meant that she didn't use her theme for post #22. Post #21, though, does have jali's theme. A refresher:

Quote Originally posted by jali in post#21
    I'll man the bar. I can do some really quick and yummy frozen Margaritas. I can freeze with just a glance.
    That does have jali's theme.

Carry on.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm sorry all. I guess I used my mix everyone up powers unneccessarily. I'm ready for a drink!
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

AllWalker: Will there be any more rules, clarifications, provisos, exceptions or notwithstandings forthcoming? :wink:

[spoiler:hxqf1k84]Okay, I've had a fairly shitty day yesterday and an even shittier morning getting DH off to work for the week. Despite an unusual degree of nagging by me to counteract his habit of procrastating with certain things, my free time between now and when my friend from Calgary arrives on Friday morning is heartily fuxxored.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what to do about The Party.[/spoiler:hxqf1k84]
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth - Marcus Aurelius

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by criminey.jicket
    AllWalker: Will there be any more rules, clarifications, provisos, exceptions or notwithstandings forthcoming? :wink:
    I pray to Bo that there isn't.

[spoiler:1oz3b5j0]Okay, I've had a fairly shitty day yesterday and an even shittier morning getting DH off to work for the week. Despite an unusual degree of nagging by me to counteract his habit of procrastating with certain things, my free time between now and when my friend from Calgary arrives on Friday morning is heartily fuxxored.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what to do about The Party.[/spoiler:1oz3b5j0]
    If you're busy, you're busy. If you will be back to Hosting on Friday then there is no problem - Boozy can survive on his own for a little. If you wont be back, or you will only be back after a long time, then I will need to find another Host.

*sigh* It sucks how much a shity day can screw up even the best Party.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Criminey jicket, I'm sorry you're having a bad day. I love you! :hugs Criminey: You're a good and wonderful person filled with love and happiness. Hopefully we can perk you right up, even if you can't play ALL the time at your own party!
    Won't you help me share the love with everyone? We can give everyone hugs and make them feel loved and tell them what good people they are on the inside! All you need is Love!
    Even Boozy!
    "Dude, your statistical average, which was already in the toilet, just took a plunge into the Earth's mantle." ~ iampunha

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I won't be able to manage much time online between now and Friday, and likely none at all from Friday morning til Wednesday evening when she flies home.

I'll pop into the wut! wut! thread and see if anyone would like to step in.

Sorry for tossing a wrench in the blender, everyone.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth - Marcus Aurelius

Registered
    Mar 2009

Criminy jicket, you had better give instructions on that again. And it's unacceptable, even in a spoiler, to talk like that.

Roosh, knock it off. It's fine to do those sorts of things with all your friends, but you ought to be aware by now that those actions are not what we want to see in this party.

Registered
    Mar 2009

And if anyone has further questions about why criminy jicket won't be around, they can direct them at me. Don't bring it up in this thread.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

NAF! Ole drinking buddy, ole pal! Would you be so kind as to break out some Scotch? Damn hosts haven't offered me anything to drink yet, and I'm -dying- of thirst over here!!!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Would you like a sprite? I swiped five of 'em from the cooler when no one was looking. *Shifty eyes*

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Santo Rugger
    NAF! Ole drinking buddy, ole pal! Would you be so kind as to break out some Scotch? Damn hosts haven't offered me anything to drink yet, and I'm -dying- of thirst over here!!!
    Totally. Let's see, I have Glenfiddich 12 year old or The Glen Levit 15 year old. What do you fancy?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I'll miss criminey.jicket, I think she did the snacks and they were fine... So now I'll just stick with the drink like the boys are doing. Looking over the bar I see it is all scotch and I don't know my scotches very well. Maybe parzival or NAF1138 could help me out here, give me a quick guide to the drinks. I've questions about why people get so snobby about their scotch, I mean after you've drunk a certain amount does it really matter? Santo Rugger, do you find the scotch to be thirst quenching on its own, or would you be needing a mixer in that?
    "We don't need to all lose glitter privileges because one kid makes a sparkly penis on the carpeting." - Excalibur

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by parzival
    And if anyone has further questions about why criminy jicket won't be around, they can direct them at me. Don't bring it up in this thread.
    Dude, I think you need a good stiff drink. What's your poison?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Parziaval, we've got three or four mods in this thread, already. There's no need for you to pretend to be an SDMB mod here.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Oh, and NAF: I think you need to get your spellcheck fixed. It seems like you're misspelling words in each post. (Which would be fine... but don't disrespect the fine name of The Glenlivet, man...

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Boozahol Squid, P.I.
    Parziaval, we've got three or four mods in this thread, already. There's no need for you to pretend to be an SDMB mod here.
    And he has it, ladies and gentlemen! Sorry parzy, you are out. You can hang around if you wish.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Oh, and NAF: I think you need to get your spellcheck fixed. It seems like you're misspelling words in each post. (Which would be fine... but don't disrespect the fine name of The Glenlivet, man...
    Nope... keep trying, you have 2 guesses left on NAF, 3 guesses on everyone else.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I probably am, but come on Boozy, you know me...I can't spell. I won't blame dyslexia or anything like that, I just never got the knack. So even with the spellcheck in Firefox at home I still screw up the occasional word. Here at work I am forced to use Microsoft Internet Explorer which doesn't even have a spell check function! This annoys me to no end, I assure you.

Stupid IE making me look bad...er, worse.

(And apologies for screwing up Glenlivet, I didn't have a bottle handy when I wrote that post but I wanted to offer Rugger some options in case he wasn't interested in the Glenfiddich I did have on hand.)

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by NAF1138
    I probably am, but come on Boozy, you know me...I can't spell. I won't blame dyslexia or anything like that, I just never got the knack. So even with the spellcheck in Firefox at home I still screw up the occasional word. Here at work I am forced to use Microsoft Internet Explorer which doesn't even have a spell check function! This annoys me to no end, I assure you.

Stupid IE making me look bad...er, worse.

(And apologies for screwing up Glenlivet, I didn't have a bottle handy when I wrote that post but I wanted to offer Rugger some options in case he wasn't interested in the Glenfiddich I did have on hand.)
    I wish you had called me before making that post. I have super spelling powers once in a while and I would have loved to have helped you.
    Glee 2009

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

This party is stupid. Everyone sucks. Drinking is dumb. Boozy you told me this was gonna be a good party. Booo. I hate you all. No one even talks to me. You are all stupid childish people who don't know how to have a good time. The beer is probably warm too. And the dip sucks. And it smells like squid in here. And your toilet's clogged. I knew I should have just stayed home and watched House. I think I'm going to go sit in a corner now.
    "Dude, your statistical average, which was already in the toilet, just took a plunge into the Earth's mantle." ~ iampunha

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by RoOsh
    This party is stupid. Everyone sucks. Drinking is dumb. Boozy you told me this was gonna be a good party. Booo. I hate you all. No one even talks to me. You are all stupid childish people who don't know how to have a good time. The beer is probably warm too. And the dip sucks. And it smells like squid in here. And your toilet's clogged. I knew I should have just stayed home and watched House. I think I'm going to go sit in a corner now.
    Roosh, are you pretending to be my ex-girlfriend? :wink:

Registered
    Mar 2009

non-[ modhat ]There will be no further references to my moderation or lack thereof in this thread, Boozy![ /modhat ]

I guess that's because I'm out, though.

And I was looking forward to banning NAF for fancying 15-year-olds.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by parzival
    non-[ modhat ]There will be no further references to my moderation or lack thereof in this thread, Boozy![ /modhat ]

I guess that's because I'm out, though.

And I was looking forward to banning NAF for fancying 15-year-olds.
    [modhat:363se7x1]Please do not use the Mod Tags. They are for mods only. Thank you very much.[/modhat:363se7x1]

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

And so I contine talking to myself in my little corner over here. They think I don't notice but I do. The unwanted wallflower just waiting to chat with someone. In vain.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Sorry about wearing the lampshade as a hat. I did not mean to make myself such an ass.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Butterscotch
    And so I contine talking to myself in my little corner over here. They think I don't notice but I do. The unwanted wallflower just waiting to chat with someone. In vain.
    I'm super-speed reading your lips and my butt is NOT that big in these jeans. Hmmmph!
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Mar 2009

If someone grabs another seven chairs from somewhere else, we can play musical chairs. Wouldn't that be fun, Roosh!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

So, seriously? What's a guy got to do to get a drink, or at least a soda, around here?!

Quote Originally posted by What Exit?
    [modhat:21v5z7dq]Please do not use the Mod Tags. They are for mods only. Thank you very much.[/modhat:21v5z7dq]
    Why do you have to be such a party pooper?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

[quote=Santo Rugger]So, seriously? What's a guy got to do to get a drink, or at least a soda, around here?!

Quote Originally posted by "What Exit?":1rdji337
    [modhat:1rdji337]Please do not use the Mod Tags. They are for mods only. Thank you very much.[/modhat:1rdji337]
    Why do you have to be such a party pooper?[/quote:1rdji337]

You know, I offered you at least two different types of Scotch, and you didn't pick either. Don't go blaming the hosts for your indecisiveness.

How about a Pepsi, since you seem to seem to want soda now? Hell, I'll even throw some Jack into it for good measure!

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Inner Stickler
    If someone grabs another seven chairs from somewhere else, we can play musical chairs. Wouldn't that be fun, Roosh!
    That's the spirit Sticky! You're such a good boy, what would you like to wish for if you could have anything in the world? I wish for world peace and love and happiness! I also wish that everyone has a GREAT time at this party! Let's all work together and make it the bestest party ever, guys! We can do it! Yayyyyy!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by jali
    I'm super-speed reading your lips and my butt is NOT that big in these jeans. Hmmmph!
    I wouldn't even think that, let alone say it out loud, how terribly rude!

::wanders around sheepishly::

Hey, x-rated films, I've found a stash of x-rated films! Do you think that'll get this party going or what! Those zonked out might liven up a bit with some entertainment!

::looks around sheepishly::

Is anyone listening?

Registered
    Feb 2009

::looking for DVD player::
    I heard her whispering to herself from way across the room.
    ::still looking for DVD player::
    I want to see a movie!
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Feb 2009

So, seriously? What's a guy got to do to get a drink, or at least a soda, around here?!

Why do you have to be such a party pooper?
    I offered plenty of drinks, whatcha want? Hicc, I awreddy 'pologized for the lampshade hat. Whatcha want? Blood!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

::going through DVD collection::

Beautiful Behind. A Clockwork Orgy. Hannah does her sisters. They've everything here! What fun findings are to be had in other people's houses. Our gracious hosts seem to have thought of everything...

Jali, hey, did you find a DVD player yet?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Butterscotch, you seem quite excited (and inquisitive about things). Must you use exclamation marks (and question marks) in every post?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Butterscotch, you seem quite excited (and inquisitive about things). Must you use exclamation marks (and question marks) in every post?
    I'm afraid not.

Butterscotch --- 1 wrong guess
    jali
    [del:3q4nn2ch]What Exit? --- reference body part[/del:3q4nn2ch]
    Ro0sh
    NAF1138 --- 1 Wrong guess
    [del:3q4nn2ch]parzival --- overactive mod[/del:3q4nn2ch]
    Santo Rugger
    What Exit? 2
    Inner Stickler

Registered
    Feb 2009

Boozie, why didn't you check with me? My extraordinary mental powers would have given you the answer.

Oh well, wanna dance?
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by jali
    Boozie, why didn't you check with me? My extraordinary mental powers would have given you the answer.

Oh well, wanna dance?
    I'd love to. Do you tango?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Time to Dance? I like to Dance. Let's dance!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Ooooooooohhhhhh, I love to dance!

I just love to join in Boozie, I like to be part of things! The knack is to listen to people and then engage them about what interests them. The low-side is that you can come across as either a stalker or over-excitable. My main problem is getting that balance right, as you have seen. My new therapist helped me see that cornering people and being really intense with them doesn't make me social. That's...oh, so sorry, I'm doing it again aren't I? My profound apologies, I really should just relax and try small talk. I'll quench this thirst with some of that scotch and make a bee-line for the dance floor. Anybody Rhumba?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Well, hell; I guess I'll grab my own drink, then.

Hey, Butterscotch, how you doin'?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Butterscotch
    Anybody Rhumba?
    I don't dance well. But I am rather hungry, and there seems to only be drinks at this party...I'm gonna order some pizza. Anyone have preferences? There is a local place down the street but I would be willing to do Pizza Hut or Papa John's if you all want to go with something familiar. Though the local place is really pretty awesome.

http://joepeeps.com/

Check it.

Anyway, what does everyone like on their pizza? I can get us 3 larges with whatever toppings you want, my treat.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Cheeese! We wants cheese! Right guys? It's the bestest topping that everyone can agree on!

Now then, who's feeling lucky that it'll get here in 30 mins or less? Cheese is all you need to get going in life, and we'll be able to have a successful party with with just a little bit of luck! I'll make sure of it!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

RoOsh, will you be my friend? I'll throw you a birthday party and order one of those inflatable ships you can jump in and slide down. Sound like a plan?

[chanting]Meat! We need MEAT![/chanting]

Order me some flipping pizza, and toss me some burgers!!!

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

RoOsh, will you be my friend? I'll throw you a birthday party and order one of those inflatable ships you can jump in and slide down. Sound like a plan?
    Screw you. Santo. Go to hell. This party sucks.
    Nooo! Don't listen to him Santo! We want to be your friend!
    Did you say Birthday party? I LOOOoOOOOOoooOOOOVE BIRTHDAY PARTIES!
    Wow, you're such a lucky guy, Santo. You get to play with bombs and you're still safe! That's awesome!
    You sure must be brave, Santo. Remember you should always look out for others!
    :grumble grumble grumble: Stupid Meat eating bastard....
    Oh, don't mind him! Here's lets have a hug! Hugs for EVERYONE! YAY!
    Zzzzzzz.....

+ Reply to thread