+ Reply to thread

Thread: Help me ID this hold music with very little info

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Help me ID this hold music with very little info

I've heard a song twice now while on hold that I really like, but I have no idea how to ID it.

It is a simple melody, played with a synthesizer, a high pitched bell-like ringing sound, one note per bar I think. It's played over a synthesizer pad tone and really reminds me a lot of the theme music to the old PBS series "Cosmos". There is a pretty dense drum beat over it, sounds like a fast paced breakbeat, sounds like it might be in part a large number of people stomping their feet on a hard floor.

Sorry, that's all I got. Hopefully someone will recognize it from this description.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Help me ID this hold music with very little info

The Cosmos theme is by Vangelis, and it's titled "Heaven and Hell" (Part 1). It might be something else by Vangelis. From the description, maybe "Alpha". It doesn't get the full beat going until a few minutes in, but towards the end, sounds more like the Cosmos bit. I'm not really sure that's it, though.

If it's a faster beat than "Alpha", possibly something by Moby. Try "Alone", which has a beat more like what you describe.

+ Reply to thread