+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Impressions of SDMB after a month's banning

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Impressions of SDMB after a month's banning

What does a XXXXXXL t-shirt even look like? I mean, my brother is 6' tall and has weighed as much as 300 pounds, and XXL t-shirts were comfortable on him. Not tight or sausagey or anything. Is a XXXXXXL for those 750 lb. housebound people on Discovery Health? Is it for people who are 7'6"?
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

No, that would be the XXXXXXXT.
    "I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
    -- Terry Pratchett

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

My brother-in-law is around 6'2" and over 450 lbs., and he wears 5XL shirts.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I don't know, I can't think of anyone in my immediate family who's really fat-just big. For example, my Aunt Katie-she's built big. You ever heard the phrase, "big-boned?" That would be her-she's 6ft even, wide shoulders, large torso, hips, etc. But she's not fat-she's just got a very large frame. Same with one of my cousins, and my father. Everyone on my dad's side is usually pretty tall and large-framed. My mom's family tends to be shorter. (Which I take after)

So I can't think of any obese people in my family. Maybe some heavier people-but those are all great-aunts and uncles in their sixties, seventies. So maybe we're abnormal mutants?
    "At Pottery Barn, if you knock over a lamp, you have to glue it back together, even if when you're done it looks terrible and it doesn't work. Oh, and you have to stay in the store forever. Oh, and it's an exploding lamp. "
    -Stephen Colbert

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp
    What does a XXXXXXL t-shirt even look like? I mean, my brother is 6' tall and has weighed as much as 300 pounds, and XXL t-shirts were comfortable on him. Not tight or sausagey or anything. Is a XXXXXXL for those 750 lb. housebound people on Discovery Health? Is it for people who are 7'6"?
    I've never seen a 5XL t-shirt, but I did have a 750-pound patient at work last summer. He couldn't fit into the regular hospital gowns, so they took three of them, and snapped them together to go around him. They tried using two gowns, but it was tight.
    (They snap apart down the arms and sides, and basically come apart into a flat piece.)
    I'm not good at the advice. Can I offer you a sarcastic comment instead?

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by BiblioCat
    Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp
    I've never seen a 5XL t-shirt, but I did have a 750-pound patient at work last summer. He couldn't fit into the regular hospital gowns, so they took three of them, and snapped them together to go around him. They tried using two gowns, but it was tight.
    (They snap apart down the arms and sides, and basically come apart into a flat piece.)
    Moar stories of fat patients please. (It helps me with my weight loss, think of this as therapeutic.)

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Excalibur
    Moar stories of fat patients please. (It helps me with my weight loss, think of this as therapeutic.)
    So as not to hijack this thread any more, I'll start one of those "Ask the..." threads. Tomorrow, maybe.
    I'm not good at the advice. Can I offer you a sarcastic comment instead?

+ Reply to thread