+ Reply to thread
Page 86 of 204 FirstFirst ... 36 76 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 96 136 186 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,300 of 10175

Thread: The next person to post in this thread...

Registered
    Jul 2013

Two mechanical pencils and one pen and on Fridays a sharpie (blue or magenta). In my breast pocket. Pocket protector not needed, because NERDS!!!!!!

TNP does now, or has in the past, associate certain inaminate physical objects with male or female genders. E.g., ships are "she" and so forth.

Registered
    Sep 2009

True. Ships are definitely female, in keeping with ancient nautical tradition. But my car is a guy, for some reason I can't explain.

TNP has been on a ship or boat in the past month.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Yeah, just Saturday, on a tall ship with my kid. Good times.

TNP has 20/20 vision.

Registered
    Sep 2009

False. I wear either contacts or glasses, as my mood dictates.

TNP has worn tinted contact lenses.

Registered
    Feb 2009

False, not a contact lenses guy, even when I needed corrective lenses.

TNP likes gin.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Gin gimlet, up.

TNP sticks to the brown liquors.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Pretty much. I'm usually a beer or wine guy, but I'm partial to a whiskey now and then.

TNP has a favorite show that first aired in the past year.

Registered
    Feb 2009

False, I am finding less and less to watch on TV as of late.

TNP has a favourite show that no-one else around them seems to like.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Archer and Big Bang Theory both fit that description in my house.

TNP has touched an animal today.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Hmmm...no. Kind of seems like every day a non-assneck dog finds you and you're like "hey pooch...is it OK if I say hi, sir or ma'am? hey that's a good dog...pretty!"

TNP has *seen* an animal of pet variety today.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Correct - our yellow Lab, Dewey. Don't have a picture of him on hand, but he looks a lot like this: http://pamperedpoochplayground.com/w...2/DSC_0113.jpg

TNP will be mowing the lawn today.

Registered
    Feb 2009

False, the condo corp looks after that to my total satisfaction.

TNP hates a celebrity they've never met IRL.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Naw. I think some of them are morons and bad at their professions, and will always seize on any chance to make fun of them, but I can't get too excited enough to hate them.

TNP knows personally some celebrities (I guess to make it interesting, like people most people would know of, not necessarily local celebrities, like a small-town mayor with a top hat and a sash and that big pair of scissors for publicly opening the new train junction).

Registered
    Feb 2009

Nah, I know one or two people who've recorded records and such like, but nobody that somebody on this board would go OMG about.

TNP thinks that being a member of a celebrity's entourage is about all they could ask for out of life.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I think it would be fun for awhile, depending on the celebrity. I wouldn't mind hanging out with Keira Knightley, Peter Dinklage, George Clooney, Chris Rock or Charles Dance, off the top of my head.

TNP would be glad to see a movie starring all five of 'em.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Might be OK, I'd want to know more about the movie.

TNP would want Keira Knightley's nudity to be an essential part of the movie.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Damn straight. Mwrowrrrrr.

TNP has seen this clip of Charles Dance before:

Registered
    Jul 2013

No. I am also not going to click on strange links.

TNP recognizes that the language of l'ancien franc,ais rather than middle english hobbit-language is the creative source of the Arthurian legends, and in fact treasures the people who have preserved the texts, and also is contemptuous of "English major" types who seem to think Malory has something important to do with the French middle-ages tales.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yes, I agree that the English who were raped by the French were a bunch of twinks back in the day but they compensated for it amply by their Napoleon complexes, which are pervasive in the UK but not, curiously, in Ireland, where short men reign supreme and are also not hampered by the shortcomings of their would-be captors.

TNP is not that happy with the weather outside, kind of grey for a Memorial Day Weekend. How can I buy a car on sale in this weather?

Registered
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally posted by Jizzelbin View post
    No. I am also not going to click on strange links....
    C'mon, it's a short, funny SFW YouTube video.

In play:

False. Beautiful weather all weekend here - sunny but with cool breezes.

TNP has played Frisbee in the past two weeks.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yes! My pappy's birthday I got selected because everyone else was too lame to throw frisbee or whatever with one of my nephews. Damn, he likes that, but he can't throw for a damn.

TNP likes idly playing stupid games like frisbee or whatever for a few minutes, but only when the other participants are somewhat amusing.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Pretty true, I guess. I can't stand it when people make a big deal out of fairly foolish amusement.

TNP has seen at least one episode of Penny Dreadful.

Registered
    Feb 2009

False,seen a few adverts for it, but not seen it.

TNP will watch a TV show if they see a good advert for it.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Nope. Haven't seen an advertisement for anything on a screen in a long time.

TNP has an almost pathological distaste for advertisements on any kind of screen, but somehow doesn't care or notice if they are emblazoned on stable objects, like billboards or shoes or whatever.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, I don't mind them, usually. Just part of living in a media-saturated modern society.

TNP has seen The Grand Budapest Hotel (I did tonight, and it's great!).

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, but it reminds of a for some reason a movie I burned my uncle a copy of about six or seven years ago, with Willem Dafoe, Asia Argento, and Chris Walken.

TNP has at some point realized that they might have broken their hand due to "boxer's fracture" and also realizes nothing can be done about it now. What I mean is that TNP has at some point realized they have a legitimate injury (in my case, toes, knee, and, now,hand) and woke up and was like "Ehh, whatever," and then a week later was like "Holy shit, that's probably a real thing. Oh well."

Registered
    Feb 2009

Hmm, no, don't think every had those exact circumstances, although it's mildly surprising I haven't, given the number of stupid things I've done.

TNP likes brandy.

Registered
    Sep 2009

True, although I very rarely drink it. It's been at least five or six years, I think.

TNP is listening to the radio right now.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Haven't listened to the radio in years. I used to like some of the hot talk format ones, like the Don and Mike Show and a local show called The Rick Emerson Show (which was circling the drain for a long, long time, before dying a miserable death). Michael Savage was pretty entertaining as well, in very very small doses. Well, some people are droning on about something through a PA outside -- earplugs yay! That's kind of like radio!

TNP is feeling in a pretty mellow mood today.

Registered
    Feb 2009

False, currently swinging between "Yeah, that works!!!" to "Why has that stopped working..." to "Ok, now why is it working again. I didn't do anything???"

TNP has been on a rollercoaster once this year.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Not, yet, no. Hope to this summer, though.

TNP is bored right now.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Just a little, yes.

TNP has visited CNN.com in the past week.

Registered
    Feb 2009

No, never go there.

TNP thinks the trombone is an under-rated instrument.

Registered
    Sep 2009

True. There are some songs that you've just gotta have trombones.

TNP can play the trombone.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 28 May 2014 at 09:58 AM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Nope. BTW, the Jones-Lewis orchestra made trombone indispensable as a blowing instrument, rather than just a mellow one. (oh come on....Bobby Brookmeyer? c'mon, give up some love for the valved bone).

TNP heard something just now that made him or her uncomfortable. In my case, some dickbag talking to some skanks about some professor named Horowitz, I guess, "it's a Jewish name....'New York Jew' is how he describes himself...--'So, he's all like [unintelligible] Seinfeld' ... 'That makes [unintelligible] like 60, right?'" Wrong on so many levels. Hillbillies should just go fuck off. I love them in the country, with the cars and trucks and the feed and seed, but they are less rustic when they act like they own some urban place. Humble. Is what to do. For everyone.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 30 May 2014 at 02:43 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, everyone around me today has behaved themselves in what they've said.

TNP is tired of radio ads by car dealerships.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, even when I listened to the radio, the car ads were the best (or worst, not sure).

TNP has said "fuck off" to at least one person (whether just sotto voce or different-style) in person in the past week. Online it doesn't count, because much like the rest of the world is quasi-invisible and quasi-inaudible to non-glasses-wearers and earphone-neck-havers, any online communication besides the topical is punctuated terminally with the finger. (except 4u EH -- you're a good little buddy, well, at least I respect you, so you can not be flipped off by me).

Registered
    Sep 2009

False. I'm racking my brains, and I don't know that I've ever actually used those words in my life (despite being sometimes sorely tempted).

TNP has been through an ugly breakup.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Maybe this one time it was less than ideal. That's what happens when two extremely sarcastic people and one incompetent boob (with boobs) do stuff. Other than that, just kind of fizzled out. Moved away, or whatever. Come to think of it I've never gone on a "date" in my life, except for garbage crap like Valentime's day or stuff like that with someone I was already with. Find someone good, stick with them, it's fine until it's not or just bored and then do something else.

TNP has a hard time understanding people who don't stick up for themselves in their public personae. Not greedy douchebaggery like people do, but just, go do your thing until someone gets in your way, then keep doing it while grumbling for a minute. And make damned sure doing your thing doesn't involve doing anything to anyone else.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 31 May 2014 at 03:00 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I change my next TNP. OK, answer first, yes I am that TNP, who behaves correctly, magnanimously, and charitably to all, and who will not suffer incorrect behavior. Verbal behavior is excepted, because, you know, of the innate goal of abstraction.

The real TNP ... wait i forgot I had a good one ............ has been surprised recently by recollections of his or her youth, and particularly the indelibility of having witnessed certain behavior. And TNP is surprised by just how much children (over, say, seventeen, and under, say, thirty) can remember little things. Just as passive witnesses. Not talking about traumatic experiences, but just how much imprinting (?) can go on in formative years. And TNP thinks this recognition is both important philosophically, and is a key step to becoming a more sensitive person. Talking about RL, not internet, where people can generally not be held to their words, and therefore words should be treated as a kind of performance art with a subtratum of abstracted human consciousness, reasonably or no. Also, those are correctly-formed sentences, and if one doesn't follow, it's neither my nor the language's problem.

Registered
    Sep 2009

True. I recently had a scent memory come back to me very strongly. I smelled someone on an elevator which reminded me very strongly of a scent - not good or bad, just distinctive - from many years before.

TNP has a favorite smell.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Clean woman!

TNP doesn't really understand obsession with cologne and body spray -- scent of a person is fine, just as long as it is someone you like. Stale second-hand smoke, ennui, passion, and attractive sensual organs -- that's the smell.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Also, whatever, Proust. Couldn't resist making a joke.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Kinda true. The scent of a person is fine - especially when it's someone you love - but too often, when I'm aware of someone else's natural scent at all, it's because they have poor hygiene, and it's not a good smell.

TNP has seen X-Men: Days of Future Past (as I just did - and it's great!)

Registered
    Feb 2009

No, haven't seen a movie in a few weeks, not since the new Godzilla.

TNP is a Godzilla fan.

Registered
    Sep 2009

False. Don't particularly care about the big reptilian critter. This made me laugh, though: http://www.newyorker.com/images/2012...16250_p465.gif

TNP liked that cartoon.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yes! No explanation needed.

TNP is kind of bothered by "systemic" misogyny in what used to be a funny cartoon. Also, somewhat hates themselves for being such a pussy, but it kind of is annnoying, therefore I don't like it. Yes, TNP fucking hates *Family Guy*, because it's rude, and I don't like it when every other joke is being mean to women. Seems like a dumb joke, and I don't like it.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No. I don't watch Family Guy much, but when I do, I often have a laugh or three. A joke is a joke is a joke. If you don't like a TV show that goes close to, or even crosses, the line of good taste, don't watch it. Part of living in a free society is running the risk that you just might be offended now and then.

TNP thinks free speech is 'way overrated.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 02 Jun 2014 at 10:44 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Nah, I like free speech, though I wish that some people would realize that it's about being opposed to government censorship, it doesn't mean you can wreck other people's message boards and Facebook groups for kicks.

TNP watches Orphan Black.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Not so, although I've heard good things about it.

TNP expects to go fishing this summer.

+ Reply to thread