+ Reply to thread
Page 200 of 200 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 196 197 198 199 200
Results 9,951 to 9,973 of 9973

Thread: The next person to post in this thread...

Registered
    Sep 2009

Never wear them for movies; I wear them for music only with my iPod.

TNP has more than 600 songs on a personal music gadget.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Sure, I guess. Probably my USB thingie in the car has about that or so, probably more.

TNP has more stored video/music stored in a secret vault than he or she can be bothered to watch or listen to in the coming lifetime, whatever that means.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I used to, and felt a bit guilty about it until we changed video streaming services and lost everything we'd accumulated up to then. I can't say I shed a tear, though. If I really wanted to watch it, I just watched it - or knew I could later find it on another platform.

TNP's opinion of Elon Musk has, uh, evolved in recent months.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Not really. Call me a sheeple, but I've never had a high opinion of Bezusk. Gates, yes, despite hearing decades of "M$ is teh suxxor," I've never had a problem with.

TNP is beyond frustrated trying to find a book on *m*z*n.com, or, by contrast, has been pleased.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Neither, I guess. I am listening to a pretty interesting audiobook on Churchill's leadership early in WWII, though.

TNP knows three facts about Winston Churchill, and will share them with us.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Probably. I'm guessing "tea-sucking limey warmonger" is not a real answer. Off the top of my head, (i) part of his skill and reputation as an orator and as a generally witty maker of ripostes is due to his having coped with some speech impediments in life (ii) he did indeed drink quite a bit (iii) despite his insinuations to the contrary, he was not an especially good student at classical Latin, to speak nothing of his barely-existent skills at Attic Greek.

TNP enjoys these "hoodie" sweatshirts the people are wearing nowadays quite a bit, for one's own sartorial use.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yeah, I've seen some cool ones, and own two myself (CWRU and Miskatonic U.).

TNP has travel plans for the holidays.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No.

TNP is not particularly enjoying enforced absences from the job/profession. Alternatively, equally not enjoying weather.

Registered
    Sep 2009

True on both, although it has warmed up quite a bit today, and is supposed to be even milder tomorrow. On the other hand, a good friend is stranded in Buffalo.

TNP has been to Buffalo in the past five years.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Yeah, sometimes go to ballgames there and such. My kid, who works in Niagara Fall, goes there a lot.

TNP likes Hawaii a lot.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I've only been once, in 1987, but yes, I certainly do. Friendly people, great weather, beautiful beaches, mountains, jungle, etc. Had a fascinating visit to Pearl Harbor, including to the sunken USS Arizona memorial.

TNP has been to that memorial.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Nope. Never have.

TNP can and will name one novel made into a film that was equal *but not better* than the adaptation.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I think the movie adaptation of the Civil War novel Cold Mountain, with Jude Law and Nicole Kidman, probably fits the bill. Both were pretty good, I thought.

TNP has seen that movie.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No I have not. I've heard of it, probably! The title reminds me of a vitamin enriched facial cream. And I know the actors named above.

TNP finds it ridiculous that a mobile taco truck uses as an audible cue to get workers to come running "Dixie." As in, "Oh I wish were in the land of cotton": some kind of cultural mismatch, and yet, kids come running when the taco truck gets around!

For bonus TNP points, TNP has mocked the use of that tune to various coworkers. As in, for example, "Ah, yes, nothing like the antebellum song of the south to rouse the troops to action," or whatever.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, but I just might be tempted to. On the other hand, Lincoln said it was one of his favorite songs, joked that it was a lawful prize of war and even asked a band to play it at the White House after Lee's surrender at Appomattox.

TNP, having now seen the trailer, will probably watch the movie in the next 90 days:

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, hard negative on that, Colonel! But that is terribly amusing about Lincoln's take on the tune "Dixie." He was an odd fellow, it seems.

TNP is all-out on conducting telephone interviews, whether as interrogator or receipient. Just a terrible medium of endeavor, one finds.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I'm not big on them. I'd far prefer to be face-to-face, or even on Zoom.

TNP would prefer to be the interviewer rather than the interviewee.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Well, yeah! Who wouldn't, really? First you ask the questions, then you get the money, then you get the power!

TNP's audio systems at home tend to the more baroque (more possibilities for switching sources and outputs, for example) than the "set it and forget it" all-in-one type rig.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Hmm, I guess so. I often listen to a CD player in the kitchen or living room, or my iPod if I'm moving around the house. When I'm in our home office, I'm almost always using YouTube as a jukebox (usually classical music or light jazz) on my computer.

TNP needs a new phone.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Desperately. Just can't stand the thought of all the blah blah blah that goes with one.

TNP is feeling their age.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yes, more and more. As my grandfather used to say with great vehemence, "Growing old is hell!"

TNP has at least one grandparent still alive.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No. In fact I'm somewhat surprised (in a good way) when people about my age mention they have one or two parents still alive.

TNP has sent somebody recently a book recently by the mail that was enjoyed, supposedly. If so, expound.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, none. I did get a giant, two-volume collection of New Yorker cartoons for Christmas, though.

TNP likes TNY cartoons.

+ Reply to thread