+ Reply to thread
Page 188 of 188 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 184 185 186 187 188
Results 9,351 to 9,368 of 9368

Thread: The next person to post in this thread...

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, not at all. People-watching can be fun, in train stations, airport departure lounges, malls and elsewhere.

TNP has a favorite U.S. President. Or even a Top Five.

Registered
    Jul 2013

So many. Harding, Fillmore, Buchanan, Wilson, Hoover.....I feel like someone's missing from that group....but, no, just can't think of anyone worse. Quincy Adams? He wasn't that great, but he did have an influential father, president or not. Nope, no one worse is coming to mind. I'll just stick with those for now.

TNP has an actual answer to the same question!

Registered
    Sep 2009

Naturally! Washington, of course, then Lincoln behind him just by a (beard) hair, then TR, Truman and JFK. FDR, Obama, Cleveland, Wilson, Jackson and Clinton would be in my next tier. I'm not saying they're all the best Presidents, but they're my favorites.

TNP likes at least four of those.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yeah. I'll take Ironside, Truman, Obama, JFK for the win. And add Ike in for the bonus. Wilson? Really? The French loved him, but I question that teetotalling sonofabitch.

TNP knew that yesterday was Mardi Gras....and today.....begins.....the penance!!!!!!

Registered
    Sep 2009

I knew about Mardi Gras but am not really into penance.

Woodrow Wilson's racism was and is unforgivable, and he was too slow in coming around to support women's suffrage, but he was a smart, honest, capable progressive and many of his policies (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ne...n_and_programs) laid the groundwork for the New Deal. He also was an effective CINC during WWI and was correct about the need for the League of Nations, or something like it, even though he failed in that effort.

TNP likes Wilson a teensy bit more now.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Nope. Warmongering, abstinence-loving motherfucker. He was smart and capable, but another way to say that would be (i) shrewd and (ii) satanic. OK, fine, Germany was a problem, like it is today and always, and maybe Wilson didn't personally like those priggish teetotallers nor their crude methods. And, I like the letter "W": it's one of the fancier letters in several European and Brittanic alphabets.

TNP thinks it would be difficult for the average citizen to poison medium-sized non-human mammals while evading detection.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 18 Feb 2021 at 03:25 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Oh, that was a bit dark. Just a ..... hobby .... interest. Not very relatable.

The real TNP: TNP brushes his or her teeth by subdividing the mouth into quadrants and brushing according to that scheme.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Used to. Since the pandemic, can’t even focus that much.

TNP has had the futility of their work brought home twice in the same day. Like, say, yesterday.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yes. Twice in one day I observed two of my teammates at work brought low(er) by petty retributive managerial acts. It was "like" yesterday, in that it was two weeks ago, but in a single day.

TNP likes wearing finger-tight gloves while outside, but rarely takes the effort to put them on.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, I like gloves which fit well but are not finger-tight.

Wilson was many things, but he was not "warmongering." He was very reluctant to bring the US into WWI, and TR, among others, thought he was a wussy because of it. There were many American politicos of the period who were far more keen on the war than he was.

TNP owns at least four pairs of leather gloves.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, I own none. They are nice, remembering back when I was a teenager, but I'm into "tactical" black made of synthetic materials. Fit the hand well, not many gaps between the tips of the fingers and the fabric.

No, I'd suggest not interpreting that too closely.

TNP has a favorite letter, between "v" and "w" in several alphabets.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I like both, but if I had to choose I'd go for V.

TNP thinks Tengwar letters are cool: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tengwar

Registered
    Jul 2013

Not really. I'm sure that's a defect on my own part, but I don't find something of interest to me there. (Perhaps I'm just a "wussy!" )

TNP will name one natural language that he or she abandoned learning, and, for bonus points, can say why.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I took four years of high school Spanish and always struggled with it. I don't speak it often these days, but I've retained a bit; if you parachuted me into the outskirts of Madrid, I could probably make my way to the US Embassy.

TNP has been inside an embassy.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Consulates, yes. Embassies, no, I don't recall.

TNP is somewhat troubled that it seems chocolate flavored Ex-Lax is unavailable for purchase (or at least not easy to find). Because of reasons.

Registered
    Sep 2009

As someone who read and loved Pat Conroy's novel The Lords of Discipline, in which chocolate-flavored Ex-Lax plays an absolutely crucial role, hell, yes, I'm troubled!

TNP is also a fan of the book (but, like me, not so much of the movie).

Registered
    Jul 2013

Never heard of either.

TNP doesn't have to answer for reasons of privacy, but TNP thinks Ex-Lax is a pretty good product. Right up there with Mucinex.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Never used either, so I guess not.

For more on the Conroy book - highly recommended: https://www.amazon.com/Lords-Discipl...4911191&sr=1-1

TNP has been to Charleston, S.C.

+ Reply to thread