+ Reply to thread
Page 181 of 181 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 177 178 179 180 181
Results 9,001 to 9,016 of 9016

Thread: The next person to post in this thread...

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, I haven't had more than a sip of Scotch since I can't remember when. Blended whiskeys, or bourbons? That's a different story.

TNP will name his or her comestible or potable equivalent of Popeye's cans of spinach that inspires him or her to do productive things.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Coffee. Without it, work is unthinkable.

TNP now owns a large assortment of face masks.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I have three, all sewn by my very skilled wife: a blue one, a green one, and one with a Cleveland Indians logo pattern.

TNP has a favorite restaurant he or she particularly misses not having gone to lately.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No. I have visited a "restaurant" whose food I've regularly liked in the past, but, while I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot, I'm not sure I've graduated into covidiot status. Probably, but aren't we all covidiots, deep down?

It's worth it for a quiet beer or two, on occasion, while maintaining distance, as much as possible, but I just don't think the food is worth it. Spraying bits of particles between mouthfuls of food all around...perhaps I just need better table manners.

Nearly ready-to-eat grocery store foods: frozen pizzas, hot dogs and buns, or frozen burritos? TNP will choose! And choose TNP must! And will do so!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Hot dogs and buns. The other two are for teenagers and stoners.

TNP thinks the Chicago style hot dog is the ultimate form of the food.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I like 'em fine, but I'd really rather have an all-beef bit of heaven from the Hot Dog Shoppe in East Liverpool, Ohio, just with ketchup and melted cheddar, please, along with a big-ass basket of cheese fries. Mmmm.

TNP has used a red pen in the past hour.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No. I only use red Sharpies to mark out the three days of each week I abstain from alcohol on the calendar [you know, to let the liver dry out a bit and also in a vain attempt to "diet"], and I haven't decided what today will bring.

TNP has ever submitted a plea of "no contest" to a non-criminal violation along with an explanatory letter to the court. TNP can provide the results, if he or she feels like it.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, although I have had some minor traffic charges dismissed after an explanatory phone call or a letter.

TNP would visit London tomorrow if finances and the pandemic permitted it.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No. I'd prefer it if I kept my virgin streak of never having visited the British isles intact. They're more than welcome to send some war brides over for me to paw at, but in these uncertain times, I don't think they would. Not the best ones, anyway.

TNP had a moment recently of thinking about going into a haircuttery, then thought, "meh, fuck it, it's Covidtown!"

Registered
    Feb 2009

Yeah, even though they’ve reopened here, seems like more trouble than it’s worth. Will probably get my wife to cut my hair, like she did for the kid.

TNP hasn’t been in an elevator in three months.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, I was on one on Thursday. Only two people allowed on at a time, and there are big stickers on the floor to remind you to maintain six-foot-away social distancing.

TNP listened to some Sousa on July 4th.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No. I was thinking about it, in a kind of perverse way, as in, "Yeah, let them call the sherriffs and explain that the Sousa music on the fourth of July is too loud." But, fortunately, the howling beasts and raving maniacs were somewhat incapacitated or otherwise less troublesome, so there was no need to attempt to equilibrate the noise.

TNP is very much not amused by fireworks. Not at all.

Registered
    Sep 2009

If they're too loud, and too close, and go on too late (all of which they have, lately), no, I'm really not.

TNP has bought fireworks in the past month.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Nah, literally can’t remember the last time I bought any.

TNP is living in an area that’s having a heat wave.

Registered
    Sep 2009

True. It has been a bit toasty of late, but after 9 last night we were finally able to turn off the A/C and open the windows.

TNP isn't sure he or she could survive the summer without air conditioning.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Far from it. Good Holland-Dozer-Holland tune, though, courtesy of Martha Vandella and the Vandelles!

TNP has tried fitted ball-caps, from manufacturers like FlexFit, and is never going back to any kind of adjustable cap.

+ Reply to thread