+ Reply to thread
Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 178 179 180 181 182
Results 9,051 to 9,061 of 9061

Thread: The next person to post in this thread...

Registered
    Sep 2009

German Shepherds are fine, but Labrador Retrievers are my favorite dogs (with corgis a close second). But just the same, I'd rather have a cheetah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drq_ww7Ytzw

Bananagrams is a lot of fun - I think I've mentioned it here before. It's like Scrabble, but you can move around your own tiles as needed, and you're racing the other players: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bananagrams

TNP wants pizza for dinner.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, I eat quite a lot of pizza, and too much of it in one sitting. "Chinese" takeout, rather. And a pint of whiskey for good measure! Very traditional Chinese menu!

TNP will be spending the minimum amount of time in direct sunlight this summer that is possible. Or TNP perhaps wears a large Pancho Villa style sombrero!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Probably, less to preserve my skin than because the ‘Rona has pretty much reduced me to sitting around the house watching old movies.

TNP could eat a donut right now.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yes. But then, that's usually true.

TNP has a favorite kind of donut.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Glazed old fashioned, I suppose. Simple, easy to eat, easy to order. I'd eat one if it came to a choice between raw monkey brains and the donut, for sure.

TNP has not found in the US any single bakery that makes a good croissant, i.e., that doesn't skimp on the pâté I mean the butter. Pathetic.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yes, but what about chilled monkey brains...?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNZ63iwnn5M

I must have low standards for croissants. I think I've had lots of good ones here in the States.

TNP likes banjo music.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yeah. Well, I guess there's a lot of different types of music that uses banjo, but I can listen to Earl Scruggs or someone using his technique and that groove all day. Sorry, Bela Fleck fans, but I can't follow his groove.

TNP would not have said anything if, for example, at a small chain convenience store the check-out gal deliberately rung up, say one pack of cigarettes while delivering two, as asked for. And one is sure she did it deliberately, probably just for her own reasons or TNP was, as usual, exceptionally polite and cheerful.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, I would politely say, "Miss, thank you, but please charge me for both packs." I don't want to either encourage, or benefit from, employee theft.

My wife and I went to a Bela Fleck concert some years ago, having heard all kinds of rapturous reviews of his music, and were unimpressed. Just meh.

TNP has watched Unorthodox on Netflix.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No. I've not even heard of it. But I'm OG, so I've been browsing DVD sets of the TV show The High Chaparral at the bad place that sends things to one's house. None of that fancy streaming radio waves for me, no sir! They got contrails on them is what they have is what I heard!

Well, I thought it was a bit odd, but that probably was the highlight of her day, getting to ring somebody up who didn't reek of marijuana, actually wore a mask, and was cheerful and polite to her. So, I let it go. It's only a few dollars, and it probably made her happy for a while. I'm sure they get a lot of shrinkage around there. Anyway, even if it's wrong, I don't consider it any of my business to interfere with her. Then again, I wouldn't rat out some random person I saw outright shoplifting either, or report anybody at work doing anything untoward, so, that's just how it is.

Yeah, Bela Fleck is an amazing technician, but BF < Earl Scruggs. IMHO.

TNP has recently been very frustrated at figuring out a puzzle-like problem, whether an element of a foreign language, a constructed puzzle of some kind, or whatever.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Not really, but arranging to get our DirecTV account turned off today was more of a pain in the ass than it should have been.

For more on Unorthodox (a very good Netflix miniseries): https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9815454/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

TNP knows an Orthodox Jewish person.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yes. Several. That's all I'm going to say.

TNP has a pretty powerful hankering for blood sausage, of any type, right now. No, that's not a double entendre, I mean actual blood sausage or perhaps blood pudding, depending on your terminology.

+ Reply to thread