+ Reply to thread
Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 121 122 123 124 125
Results 6,201 to 6,219 of 6219

Thread: The next person to post in this thread...

Registered
    Sep 2009

Well, I wouldn't freak out, but I'd certainly wonder why I was hearing it so long after Christmas.

TNP would probably tug on Superman's cape.

Registered
    Feb 2009

No, nor spit into the wind.

TNP is pretty sick of winter.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Gettin' there, yup.

TNP knows in just what warm place he or she would like to be right now.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Nah, Miami, Vegas, L.A., all would be fine.

TNP has a plan for the next time they'll be in Vegas

Registered
    Sep 2009

Never been there at all, but yeah, I'd want to gamble a little, see the Rat Pack nostalgia show, have some great meals, visit one of the art galleries, watch the fancy synchronized water fountains, etc.

TNP has lost more than $100 gambling in a single day or night.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2013

No, not by the type of gambling you're probably thinking of. Then again, every decision is kind of a gamble, so that depends.

TNP knew at least one person who had crabs.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I had soft shell crabs just a few weeks ago, and they were... oh, you mean... Um. Not that I'm aware of, no.

TNP loves seafood.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2013

Ladi.....never mind. Sure, but I'd probably rather have a burger or a steak than a tuna sandwich.

TNP enjoys going fishing and/or thinks it would be fun to go sharking, as well.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No. I'd rather read beside a lake or on the deck of a boat than fish.

TNP has seen a skunk in the past month.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Nah, can't remember the last time I saw one, even on the road,

TNP has run over a skunk.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, although I've seen quite a few as road pizza.

TNP could go for some non-road pizza right now.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2013

Had a craving for frozen pizza sometime last week, but didn't feel like it was worth the effort. Ate yesterday, so I think I'll just have a chocolate bar today or a maybe a slice or two of bread. That'd be a "false."

TNP if he or she had to choose a Confirmation name, has a strong opinion on the suitability of either James or Jacques (those who don't know, they are the same names, just in different languages).

Registered
    Sep 2009

Being of more recent English roots (although French if you go back far enough), I prefer James.

TNP personally knows at least three men named Jacques.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2013

Good question. As it turns out, I do not know personally one person named "Jacques," at least not that I remember. FTM, I don't think I know a James or a Jim personally, although I bet I've met a few.

TNP thinks old/middle-age is pretty sweet -- keep what you need and leave the rest.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yeah, as long as your health holds up, and before all your friends and family start to die off, I'd agree.

TNP is in excellent health at the moment.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2013

Yeah, I'm OK. Since clearly anyone reading this is extremely interested in my workup, I shall oblige. I am concerned that, once I upped my rule which stated "every time you brush and floss do ten pushups" -- thinking that was such a small amount that I should just get in the habit, since I haven't been being doing them for at least a year), to " once you flosh and brush do twnty pushups. I',m slightly out of breath after twenty (and for the first in my life, these are GOOD pushups -- all the way down, all the way up, slow tempo, no flexing the butt or using other muscles to help). My gum health is very good, despite having recesssion, and pockets of 6 or 7 in a few spots, but I'm metciulous about flossing and brushing using a mechanized brush for +2 minutes 2x qd, no blood or anything. Psuhup fail indicates poor cardio health. I don't drink to excess except on rare occasions when I'll have 15-30 drinks on a day.

My mind is relatively right -- I have gradually developed unprecedented (for me) feats of self-control, and I feel confident that some of the damage to my executive functions has been rehabilitated.

My nutrition is, generally, excellent, but, as might be expected given my rather eccentric habit of fasting (more or less eat one day, and fast or eat 400-600 calories the next at most), my movements are irregular at best.

Hygiene is superb.

TNP is PRESENTLY extremely perturbed by having to deal with a computer problem, primarily because he or she should have been more on the ball and had a good plan in place to gut the damned machine and start from self-dsiciplined procedures.
    "Now, how about the retardation? How can we demonstrate that the signal is retarded?" -- The Feynman Lectures on Physics 28-6.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, not really, although one of our computers at home is going wonky and is probably due to be replaced.

TNP loves Apple products.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Pretty true. Use them a lot, am happy with them, but somehow have never developed any warm and fuzzies towards Apple.

TNP thinks the breakfast sandwich is the best thing the fast food industry ever came up with.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, as all right-thinking people know, that honor falls to the Arby's Beef 'n' Cheddar, when drenched with Arby's Sauce.

TNP hates Arby's generally.

+ Reply to thread