+ Reply to thread
Page 125 of 204 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 135 175 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,250 of 10165

Thread: The next person to post in this thread...

Registered
    Sep 2009

Well, I wouldn't freak out, but I'd certainly wonder why I was hearing it so long after Christmas.

TNP would probably tug on Superman's cape.

Registered
    Feb 2009

No, nor spit into the wind.

TNP is pretty sick of winter.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Gettin' there, yup.

TNP knows in just what warm place he or she would like to be right now.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Nah, Miami, Vegas, L.A., all would be fine.

TNP has a plan for the next time they'll be in Vegas

Registered
    Sep 2009

Never been there at all, but yeah, I'd want to gamble a little, see the Rat Pack nostalgia show, have some great meals, visit one of the art galleries, watch the fancy synchronized water fountains, etc.

TNP has lost more than $100 gambling in a single day or night.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, not by the type of gambling you're probably thinking of. Then again, every decision is kind of a gamble, so that depends.

TNP knew at least one person who had crabs.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I had soft shell crabs just a few weeks ago, and they were... oh, you mean... Um. Not that I'm aware of, no.

TNP loves seafood.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Ladi.....never mind. Sure, but I'd probably rather have a burger or a steak than a tuna sandwich.

TNP enjoys going fishing and/or thinks it would be fun to go sharking, as well.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No. I'd rather read beside a lake or on the deck of a boat than fish.

TNP has seen a skunk in the past month.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Nah, can't remember the last time I saw one, even on the road,

TNP has run over a skunk.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, although I've seen quite a few as road pizza.

TNP could go for some non-road pizza right now.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Had a craving for frozen pizza sometime last week, but didn't feel like it was worth the effort. Ate yesterday, so I think I'll just have a chocolate bar today or a maybe a slice or two of bread. That'd be a "false."

TNP if he or she had to choose a Confirmation name, has a strong opinion on the suitability of either James or Jacques (those who don't know, they are the same names, just in different languages).

Registered
    Sep 2009

Being of more recent English roots (although French if you go back far enough), I prefer James.

TNP personally knows at least three men named Jacques.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Good question. As it turns out, I do not know personally one person named "Jacques," at least not that I remember. FTM, I don't think I know a James or a Jim personally, although I bet I've met a few.

TNP thinks old/middle-age is pretty sweet -- keep what you need and leave the rest.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yeah, as long as your health holds up, and before all your friends and family start to die off, I'd agree.

TNP is in excellent health at the moment.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yeah, I'm OK. Since clearly anyone reading this is extremely interested in my workup, I shall oblige. I am concerned that, once I upped my rule which stated "every time you brush and floss do ten pushups" -- thinking that was such a small amount that I should just get in the habit, since I haven't been being doing them for at least a year), to " once you flosh and brush do twnty pushups. I',m slightly out of breath after twenty (and for the first in my life, these are GOOD pushups -- all the way down, all the way up, slow tempo, no flexing the butt or using other muscles to help). My gum health is very good, despite having recesssion, and pockets of 6 or 7 in a few spots, but I'm metciulous about flossing and brushing using a mechanized brush for +2 minutes 2x qd, no blood or anything. Psuhup fail indicates poor cardio health. I don't drink to excess except on rare occasions when I'll have 15-30 drinks on a day.

My mind is relatively right -- I have gradually developed unprecedented (for me) feats of self-control, and I feel confident that some of the damage to my executive functions has been rehabilitated.

My nutrition is, generally, excellent, but, as might be expected given my rather eccentric habit of fasting (more or less eat one day, and fast or eat 400-600 calories the next at most), my movements are irregular at best.

Hygiene is superb.

TNP is PRESENTLY extremely perturbed by having to deal with a computer problem, primarily because he or she should have been more on the ball and had a good plan in place to gut the damned machine and start from self-dsiciplined procedures.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, not really, although one of our computers at home is going wonky and is probably due to be replaced.

TNP loves Apple products.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Pretty true. Use them a lot, am happy with them, but somehow have never developed any warm and fuzzies towards Apple.

TNP thinks the breakfast sandwich is the best thing the fast food industry ever came up with.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, as all right-thinking people know, that honor falls to the Arby's Beef 'n' Cheddar, when drenched with Arby's Sauce.

TNP hates Arby's generally.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, they're pretty good, I guess. Hard to screw up meat and bread in a paper sack. Devotees of the Twitter account "Nihilist Arby's" will agree they're hilarious to make fun of.

TNP is going to observe Lent this season (and possibly eat and drink way WAY too much on St. Joseph's Feast day (Mar. 19th) -- I have not consulted a priest, but I think it's allowed.)

Registered
    Sep 2009

No. Not really into Lent.

TNP has a favorite hymn for Easter (mine is "Welcome, Happy Morning").

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, I don't. This last Saturday night I had received my first penance and first communion in over thirty years, and I'm still a little shaky on the singing parts of the RCC mass. I do not in principle object to the tune , although I'm not sure it's a hymn. I spent a lot of time learning to play it on Hammond organ a few years ago, though, just because I thought it was catchy.

TNP is looking forward to volunteering some time for a local charity -- because he or she thinks it is an obligation of his or her faith, and because he or she wants to contribute to humanity.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yes, I'll be judging law school moot court most of tomorrow, as it happens.

TNP has seen a moot court or mock trial competition.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Yeah, but it's been a long, long time.

TNP has argued a case in court in the past 30 years.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Well, sure, ETA thirty-five years apparently my arithmetic is not that good. Make that more like....what's forty less fifteen.....twenty-five, pretty sure, is pretty close, and it was a mock trial in high school. The attorney who coached us was a pretty bitching guy, and the extent of my "arguing" was making an objection addressed to the bench, and I got a compliment from a somewhat attractive young lady for that.

TNP thinks one of the greatest virtues in living in a society of laws is that you can say "fuck you" to people's opinions, pretty much, as long as you're right. In theory.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 23 Feb 2017 at 01:28 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Absolutely. Free speech is part of the bedrock of liberty.

TNP has said "Fuck you" to the face of an elected official.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, I never have. I don't believe I ever would -- I don't see the percentage in it, and I think "fuck you" is kind of a weak, puny thing to say, anyway, although I have quite an assortment of extremely rude, but politely-phrased, crude, disparaging things I hope I may never get the chance to say to civilian peace officers, aka cops. ETA I think your view of speech and political theory is more sophisticated than mine -- the important point as I see is "as long as you're right," for me, is the keystone that holds together civil order. IOW the moral right to disparage others up to, perhaps, the line of fighting words or disturbing the peace, is strengthened by one's being right, and the very notion that those who are right and wrong are allowed to speak, is, indeed the very foundation, but I wasn't thinking that far into first principles, because I'm just a simple man.

TNP wears a tie to church, if applicable.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 25 Feb 2017 at 11:58 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yes, almost always.

TNP will be skipping church today.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, I just got back from Saturday evening mass not too long ago -- technically it was a Sunday mass, since it was after dark. Not going again, since we were informed that there are no "drive-by" ash-Wednesday-ings on Ash Wednesday, that it's also a full mass, which I'll also be attending. At some ungodly hour. Maybe I can lurk on the street corners for the rest of Wednesday and try to get me some Faithful Trim. Pretty sure I would think that's not good, but it amuses me.

TNP has had two soft drinks lately, and is ready to agree with me that they are awful beverages, in every way imaginable.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No to both. The only three I care for are ginger ale, orange pop and root beer, and I sometimes go months without having any. But I like 'em when I have 'em.

TNP likes at least three ice cubes in any cold drink.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Depends. I like one big ice cube in straight vodka, maybe two. Maybe more for ice tea or coffee, but I don't usually bother making those.

TNP is going to get drunk and wear a costume and run around the streets according to European tradition for Fat Tuesday.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Nope, that ain't how I roll.

TNP will wear purple in the next week.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Hadn't planned on it -- in fact, that's extremely unlikely, given the amount of digging through my closet I'd have to do to find something purple.

TNP would have a good reason for searching out purple to wear.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Mardi Gras!

TNP has been to Nawlins, er, New Orleans since Katrina hit.

Registered
    Feb 2009

No, but am planning to be there at Christmas.

TNP has drunk a Sazerac.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I don't think so, no.

TNP has read a Patrick O'Brian novel.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Read a lot of them. Big fan.

TNP would like to take a cruise on a tall ship.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yes! I've been aboard several, including the USCGC Eagle, the USS Constitution, USS Niagara and the Amistad, but never while underway.

TNP would not want to command a tall ship.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Christ, no. Just keeping track of the ropes is beyond me.

TNP has had just about enough winter.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Roger that.

TNP occasionally uses aviator jargon.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No. I spell out everything when needed (eg on telephone or in person to a cop) with the NATO phonetic alphabet (including when joking, "niner" and "fife") -- I don't think that's peculiar to aviation, any more than using the 24-hour clock. That's just being a frustrated ham radio operator. I rarely use visual metaphors in speaking, otherwise I would be all about using terms like "wingover" or "barrel roll" and stuff. ETA I'll amend that to "yes, occasionally I do," because it is only occasionally. Also the directions like "[bogey/whatever] at eleven o'clock" -- I use that constantly when speaking IRL but I assume everybody does. Hell I got in the habit when going on walks with a blind old guy who didn't even know what the fuck a plane is. But sneak-brag, I did build a replica of one of the early space shuttle cockpits for like a second or third grade county science fair, and even though it involved no science and no understanding, I still got some kind of prize, like last or bronze or something.

TNP likes using baseball announcer slang.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 04 Mar 2017 at 06:16 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Other than sometimes calling small groups of people "sportsfans," no, not really.

TNP will probably go to a Major League baseball game in the next 60 days.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, what am I going to hitch a ride up north to watch the Ms eat some ass?

TNP has a strong preference for duck or rabbit. cf.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I saw a rabbit first.

TNP first sees a young woman turning her head away, or an old woman looking ahead?: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...%28Hill%29.png

Registered
    Jul 2013

I've always seen the lady in that one first. As I did when I double-checked to make sure the link was to the same "thing" I was thinking of.

TNP has zero problem breaking any sort of "rule" he or she well pleases that don't apply to him or her -- not laws, not ordinances, but just rules somebody came up with, like putting cautionary yellow tape around a supposedly less-than-safe area or some douche putting up a "no smoking" or "no jews" sign or whatever people do.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 07 Mar 2017 at 03:17 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Which lady?

Depends on which "rule." I will happily smuggle candy into a movie theater, since the only purpose of the rule is to get me to pay their extortionate prices, but I wouldn't smoke where a sign showed it was prohibited. Second-hand smoke is a health issue.

TNP loves Skittles and hates cigarettes.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Nah, hate Skittles, and if smoking weren't dangerous, I'd have one in my mouth all the time.

TNP misses people smoking pipes.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Kind of, either of the Sherlock Holmes or the Fifties Father Knows Best kinds.

TNP wouldn't mind living in the Fifties.

Registered
    Jul 2013

It would be great to be a US veteran of the armed forces, to be white, and have survived with no injuries, but in time to be finished college or advanced studies just in time to be called a "square" by Mamie van Doren and find all the white bitches are married. In other words, sort of like a successful version of Max Cady from *Cape Fear*. I don't think so. The 1920s would be a better post-war decade to be in "prime condition" in the US. Lots of laughs, put on a clean fit and fiddle and come back to your flop with a tomato or maybe two and a flat fifth of panther piss.

TNP has ever realized he or she got dressed by accident one day pretty similar to a character from a movie/whatever.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 11 Mar 2017 at 05:33 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, I don't think I've ever done that.

TNP has a favorite Hollywood style icon whom he or she tends to emulate.

+ Reply to thread