+ Reply to thread
Page 194 of 204 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,700 of 10165

Thread: The next person to post in this thread...

Registered
    Sep 2009

Agreed. Scrambled or fried especially, with some hot buttered toast with jam, please, and bacon or sausage, and some OJ... yum!

TNP's mouth is now watering.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yeah, I guess, but not for any savory reasons.

TNP would be extremely irritated if one's HOA, which disallows all dogs except service animals, refuses to enforce their mandate. And would not be above taking matters into his or her own hands.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Extremely irritated, yes. Taking matters into my own hands, probably not (depending on exactly what you mean by that).

TNP needs a new toothbrush.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Not at the moment. I have a few serviceable heads for the Oral-B electric, and plenty of fresh regular ones.

TNP has a favorite toothpaste, and is willing to pay a premium for it.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, not really. As long as the bristles are soft but not too soft, I'm happy.

TNP flosses daily.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Yeah, every night.

TNP has been to Barbados.

Registered
    Jul 2013

The Charlie Parker tune? Yeah, I been "there"! ;D

TNP is done with travelling except by overland transportation, and the occasional direct plane flight.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Until the COVID picture is looking a lot better, yes.

TNP has been in NYC in the past month.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Nope. Probably won't go back in a while: I'm afraid I'd be disappointed again at how much things have changed.

TNP has ever used "transition" lenses on prescription eyeglasses or (inclusive/"wedge") thinks they're pretty neat.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Yeah, before my LASIK they were what I always wore.

TNP thinks banana splits could make it as a breakfast food.

Registered
    Sep 2009

A bit too sweet, dense and sugar-laden for my tastes at that time of day (and that's saying something!), but I guess so.

TNP definitely has a sweet tooth.

Registered
    Jul 2013

About once a year or so. Probably about the time those little rats come knocking looking for their "treats." I'm pretty sure they're parents have warned them about my place (and there's a limit on children at my condo community), and the "Don't Knock Or Ring Ever" sign duck-taped to the door probably reinforces that.

TNP has a solution to this minor irritation: so, this woman still has my Flexfit ballcap that fits my 7 ¾ melon, and while I want it back, I don't want to converse with her even via text. Yes, I bought another one, but it wasn't the same hat, and I don't feel like buying yet another stupid ballcap, which I liked very much. A simple sample solution would be a text saying "Don't reply, please, just leave my hat behind my bar, where you seem to be skulking around." Or has another solution. And will say it.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yeah, that would work, or maybe if you have a mutual friend, you could just ask her to leave it with that person?

TNP needs to mow the lawn at least once more before autumn really kicks in.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Nah, that sounds like crazy talk! Isn't it going to freeze and get all funky over the winter anyway?

[Yeah, more or less: the bartenders all know me and her, and they do little favors like that all the time for regulars].

TNP has recently made him or herself rather ill by eating way too much Halloween candy. Yeah. "Fun Size," like I'm so sure people aren't going to eat an entire bag in one sitting!

Registered
    Sep 2009

I have in the past, but not this year... yet!

TNP has a favorite Halloween candy and has already stocked up on it, or will be soon.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, not really. Maybe Butterfingers or Reesies Pieces or whatever they're called. Of course, the king of all candies is Finnish Salmiakki/Turkinpippuri (salted [the salt is ammonium chloride]) licorice hard candies. The best and strongest are made by the Finnish company Fazer, but one isn't supposed to eat too much ammonium chloride in one sitting for various health reasons. Children would not like them in their Halloween bags, pretty sure!

TNP has recently been kicking all kinds of ass at a various game/sport, and will provide details if so.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Well... I'm doing pretty well on my latest round of Tetris, I suppose. Up over 300 or so, I think. Love that game!

TNP has played Tetris in the past month.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, I have not! Oh, no! You've rekindled the tetris beast! Oh, man, what a terrific game!

TNP has ever played the arcade full-sized format of Tetris. OR (TNP can choose), TNP has ever experienced true "Tetris effect" on the brain (also applicable to chess and such).

Registered
    Sep 2009

Never heard of that before!: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect. Yes, I guess I have, a little now and then. I've also read that Tetris has been found to be helpful to some soldiers suffering from PTSD, oddly enough.

TNP knows a U.S. Army veteran well.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yeah. Worked alongside more Army vets than I can count, as well as the other branches of the armed services, but as far as knowing well, I guess it was my first "real" band, the drummer was Army all the way. Not a lifer, and didn't see combat nor was in for very long, but that definitely was a formative experience for him: in his words, it was "his college." Great guy and a brilliant drummer as well, especially for being so young (early twenties), who understood dynamics of sound and balance. Not in touch with that whole crew anymore, but rock solid dude.

TNP, if he or she discovered that a former "special" acquaintance was suddenly working behind the bar during the times and days one has been habitually coming in after work for years, would not dream of changing his or her routine because of any potential unpleasantness.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Probably not. "To thyself be true." I'd rather be myself than try to keep up appearances and lie to someone I once cared about.

TNP has had a brandy alexander in the past month.

Registered
    Feb 2009

No, haven’t had any brandy in the house in a while, should get some.

TNP has had a Vesper recently.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, but that's not a bad idea.

TNP has already seen the latest 007 movie.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Negative, Colonel. I didn't even know there was one.

TNP has made a grown woman cry, to his or her best knowledge, by his or her actions but not by neglicence.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I don't think so. My mom would puddle up a little now and then, when I was in my teens, but that just a manipulation technique.

For more on the Bond movie: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Time_to_Die

TNP will be sorry to see Daniel Craig leave the role.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Not particularly. In the one hand, I don't care. On the other hand, he "got with" my gal Rachel Wesiz. Meh. Don't care. Eff that dude. I hope he dies.

TNP has ever leaned on a car horn for over ten seconds in a parking lot to alert an incompetent who tried to back up in the midst of normal traffic flow of 5 mph. Well beyond, that is, the simple "toot toot" that was probably required, by an order of magnitude.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Just once or twice. It's rarely been necessary.

TNP has walked in a well-forested park in the past week.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No.

TNP is very well accustomed to frequently being soaking wet, from head to toe. While wearing clothes.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, it's been years.

TNP prefers a hot shower to a cold one, regardless of the season.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yes. I know it's manly and all to take a cold shower. But I ain't no damned Steve McQueen, or whatever. If "bracing" or "invigorating" cold water touches more than a small numerical value of the surface integral of my skin in toto, I'll probably be inclined to kick somebody's ass.

TNP actually thinks Buffalo has a good shot at reaching the Superbowl this year, despite last week's unfortunate episode against fricking Jackonsville.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No opinion, but sure, why not?

TNP is already considering how much to bet on the Super Bowl.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No. I only bet on games where I control the outcome, like playing pool.

TNP, if he or she is a gambler, is just fine with breaking even in the end. Or would be.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I guess so, but I'd sure like to win!

TNP has won at least US$20 on a bet in the past week.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No. Five bucks or so on a rack or a game of dice is about my limit: if one bets all the time, it can add up, so twenty a frame is going to end up more than I can afford when the day is done,

TNP really enjoys "speaking" through a megaphone/bullhorn and has done so in recent memory.

Registered
    Sep 2009

It's been years, but yeah, it was kind of fun.

TNP owns a small silvery whistle.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yes. I call it an A=440 Hz tuning fork and it lives in a jacket pocket. Song comes on the jukebox, you want to know what key they're doing it in? Reference note and some common sense.

TNP: Led Zeppelin or AC/DC...............most often heard at the local bar/whatever.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Led Zeppelin, but not by a huge margin. Neither is really my favorite group.

TNP is in the mood for BBQ chicken tonight.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yeah, kind of. Some chooch was watching the 49ers/Jacksonville game while I was trying to catch the Bills/Colts game on another TV (which was a pathetic game, but I'm a masochist so I watched right up until the final second............meh..........WTF BFLO? Maybe a wild card slot........not so good), and now I've got Frank's Red Hot smell in recent memory. Dude, who the hell watches the 49ers? Not as bad as being a Patriots "fan," but still, whatever. You know they're going to clean up, as they did. Packers lost by a small margin, but that was a good game. Seagulls also....meh.....as Ra Teasha at work said on our way out the door today, "don't even say it!"

TNP thinks he or she would have done due diligence by calling the county sheriff's non-emergency number upon taking down a stop sign immediately, and waiting on hold for 0.5 hours, while waiting for a tow from AAA, and, if so, is like "Hey, come at me, bro! Gimme a citation, don't give a fuck! Knock on my door, chucklefuck! Dude, it already cost me plenty, so pile it on, don't care!"

Registered
    Sep 2009

"Upon taking down a stop sign"? Like, by hitting it with my car? Yes, definitely.

TNP has read a historical novel in the past month.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, sorry to say. That does sound like good fun, but I haven't been reading anything much except music recording magazines, sheet music, and the Wall Street Journal.

[Yes, "take down" as in run it the eff over at about 50 mph...hey, man, AAA wouldn't even take the call to tow me out of the mud until I made contact with the sheriff....but after being on hold for half an hour with the non-emergency county sheriff's number, I was like...I'm sure they'll make contact with me, probably a citation. Maybe nothing. Who knows. They have a record of my call, as does AAA, so given that there was an actual literal riot in the city that evening, I think they had their hands full. Whatevs: I tried my best, so, I don't know what else is reasonable to expect of me. I'm no scofflaw, but AFAIC, it's just ancient history at this point. I don't even know what the municipal revised statues say about my liability, but I do have collision insurance and all that, so...we'll see.]

TNP is just plain getting too old for this shit!

Registered
    Sep 2009

Like the old cop in just about every crime comedy ever made, yes, I certainly am.

TNP has seen a Lethal Weapon movie in the past week.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, it's been a few years since I saw those for the first time.

TNP's athletic ability is not much more advanced than tossing a piece of paper into a wastebasket with great aplomb and so-so accuracy.

Registered
    Sep 2009

A little better than that, I suppose. I can play basketball, soccer and baseball with about average skill for my age, but I can swim like a fish.

TNP would like to go swimming this week.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No sir. See, the thing is, it's pretty damp outside already, and likely to remain so for the indefinite future, and I'm extremely used to being soaked in water head-to-toe, from sweat, rain, or both, five days a week. No thank you! That is quite enough for me.

TNP knows somebody really well who super enjoys traveling by train as a mode of transportation, and can completely understand the appeal.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yes, my Uncle Frank has been a train buff from 'way back. He'd probably go on a train ride every week if he had the chance.

TNP has been on a train in the past month.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No, not even a commuter/urban train/tram. They are good, though. Even freight trains: pass by a big junction ten times a week out by the ports. You can smell the diesel, son! For real.

TNP ever caught the "model RR scene" bug or knew someone who had.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I did, for a couple of years when I was a kid, and my aforementioned Uncle Frank had a big train layout in his basement that I really liked.

TNP read something in The New York Times today.

Registered
    Jul 2013

No. I did just now pick up a print edition of the WSJ weekend edition. Yes, I know where the money is going, and I don't support it, but it gives me something with which to hide my rage boner at a bunch of stuff. Besides, the numbers don't lie. If I want accurate international news, I use French presses or sometimes British ones, if necessary. Even the Finns have a fairly robust if whimsical newscorp.

TNP has ever been in a situation where he or she doesn't really want to screw a particular broad, for non-physiological or psychological reasons, but almost feels obligated to. Mostly because he or she just doesn't want to get involved. Excuse my language.

Registered
    Sep 2009

No, I confess that I have never, in my entire life, been in that situation. But it sure sounds interesting!

TNP has seen the British comedy panel show Would I Lie to You?

Registered
    Jul 2013

Afraid not.

TNP would be absolutely incensed upon hearing that a coworker was terminated for appearing as a juror in a criminal trial, and would wish the most draconian punishment for an employer who who would have done this, up to and perhaps including monetary damages restored to this hapless pawn.

+ Reply to thread