+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: leander (Split from 'Q.E.D. no longer a member of staff')

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: leander (Split from 'Q.E.D. no longer a member of staff')

Quote Originally posted by wring
    Quote Originally posted by Excalibre
    Huh. I wouldn't have though professional asshole drama queen paid that well. Good to know.
    It's funny that you would assume that someone who doesn't fit well into this community would be unable to earn a living. I mean no offense but given the average earnings of the average member here, why would you think that popularity at the Dome would translate to a fat paycheck? Really it seems like the opposite would be a much safer assumption.
    Has nothing to do w/how they fit - where do you get that? It has all to do with demonstrating the qualities of "professional asshole drama queen" (which is what I said). Was there a fire sale on them or something?
    You've missed the point completely, which is not surprising at all.
    I didn't make the world this way, it was like this when I got here

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Gotcha sparky.
    Don't let it be forgot / That once there was a spot / For one brief, shining moment / That was known as Camelot.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Gotcha sparky.
    So what do you do for a living, sweetie?

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

She has a professional occupation of some sort, she's like a social worker or something? It's a real job.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I really think she's a probation officer. She's probably running a make on leander's nonnymobile.
    Aka: Sierra Indigo

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by The Cid
    I really think she's a probation officer. She's probably running a make on leander's nonnymobile.
    I swear occifer, I only borrowed it from Exy.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by leander
    Gotcha sparky.
    So what do you do for a living, sweetie?
    *crickets chirp*

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Crickets? No, have a standing dinner date w/ spouse on Fridays.

Director of non profit, staff up to 8 (7 professional, 1 semi professional) , have done trainings statewide, authored presentations, proposals and training materials.
    Don't let it be forgot / That once there was a spot / For one brief, shining moment / That was known as Camelot.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Director of non profit, staff up to 8 (7 professional, 1 semi professional) , have done trainings statewide, authored presentations, proposals and training materials.
    So you're not one of the many, many losers who are unemployed and live with their parents. Good for you.

Frankly, I have no use for people like that. Yes, I know, they all have some quirky disease that prevents them from working or moving out. But I'm guessing if their parents had the balls to throw them out instead of pampering them, they'd get over their "illness" pretty quickly. (It amazes me how middle and upper middle class folks always seem to get these debilitating multi-letter "illnesses", but poor people somehow manage to get the fuck over it and go to work.)

Whatever you may think of me, I provide 12 people with a living. With the exception of my receptionist (who's 19 and does live at home) my business provides 11 families with a roof, food, and all the other things needed to take care of their families. So when some loser calls me a dumbass or some fattie spouts off all his regular crazy, I have to laugh. What, in fact, do they contribute to society aside from kitten pictures and hilarious flame-outs?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Entertainment for you! (yeah, and me sometimes)

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

It is like writing history with lightning. And my only regret is that it is all so terribly true.

Registered
    Feb 2009

So you're not one of the many, many losers who are unemployed and live with their parents. Good for you.

Frankly, I have no use for people like that. Yes, I know, they all have some quirky disease that prevents them from working or moving out. But I'm guessing if their parents had the balls to throw them out instead of pampering them, they'd get over their "illness" pretty quickly. (It amazes me how middle and upper middle class folks always seem to get these debilitating multi-letter "illnesses", but poor people somehow manage to get the fuck over it and go to work.)

Whatever you may think of me, I provide 12 people with a living. With the exception of my receptionist (who's 19 and does live at home) my business provides 11 families with a roof, food, and all the other things needed to take care of their families. So when some loser calls me a dumbass or some fattie spouts off all his regular crazy, I have to laugh. What, in fact, do they contribute to society aside from kitten pictures and hilarious flame-outs?

You sound amazingly "rand-roverish" here.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Who gives a shit? We're not talking to Mr. <RealFirstName><RealLastName>, successful American businessman in Australia. I'm sure there is not one of your tenants or servants but will give you a good name. It doesn't matter. Here on this board we are dealing with leander, internet douchebag. In real life you might deserve respect as a Big Shot but on these boards you give the impression of a none too bright bully who gets his kicks by typing mean words with one hand while yanking furiously at his peen with the other. So that's how we're going treat you. That's all the respect you deserve, here.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

c'n I ask you something, seriously? And frankly, it's something I wouldn't mind asking Rand Rover, either.

If you have no use for this kind of person, and you are convinced that this board is full of this kind of person, then what are you doing here? Poking 'em with a stick? Something akin to burning ants with a magnifying glass? Reassuring yourself that no matter what else, at least you're not that much of a loser?

I just don't get the appeal of associating yourself with people you have no intention of having respect for. I'd get tired of being surrounded by losers. I'd rather stick to a message board with people who share my interests, or are at least fun to play with.

Why waste your precious time (no snark intended) on the internet seeking out loser people to hate on? If it's more fun than spending real time with friends, learning a new hobby or job skill, catching up on sleep, going through your old stack of Playboys, or any of a number of more useful activities, I gotta wonder at the motives.

I can't say I expect a more in-depth response than a fuck you, or speculations about my own weight, living arrangements or employment status, but I am curious enough to ask anyway.
    The poster formerly known as Jenaroph

Registered
    Feb 2009

:?:
    Come on now, really? The 30 yr old virgin who lives at home and just got fired as a cashier at the science museum is calling me a "dumbass"?
    Maybe some one could refresh my mind and tell me what leander does for a living? Thanks, ever so.
    Sure. I own and run a small company here in Australia. We turn over about $5m a year, with 5-7% monthly growth (except Dec-Jan when the whole bloody country seems to go on vacation ). I have 12 staff who work for me in Sydney and we're looking at opening a satellite office in Melbourne later this year.

Any more questions?

ETA: And yes, I'm a goddamn yank down under.

SURE you do. And I'm Marie of Roumania.
    "At Pottery Barn, if you knock over a lamp, you have to glue it back together, even if when you're done it looks terrible and it doesn't work. Oh, and you have to stay in the store forever. Oh, and it's an exploding lamp. "
    -Stephen Colbert

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Guinastasia
    I don't see what's so implausible about this.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

In this economy, one might expect his recent history and future outlook for growth to be a wee bit bleaker.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Guin, you really are one of the biggest losers I've ever come across. You're practically a caricature of the "Internet Loser": You live at home, have no job, no life, blame all of your problems on made up "illnesses" and have never had sex or even a boyfriend.

And that's why I think you don't believe my life. You can't imagine anything except the extreme loserville that you live in. Which is kind of pathetic, but not surprising. (Frankly I blame your parents -- if they had any real love or respect for you they would kick your loser ass out of the house and force you to grow up. But sadly they don't.)

Let me tell you something: not only is my life true, but it is not so uncommon in the real world. Yes, not too many people own their own company, but many, many people out here have good jobs, boyfriends/girlfriends/husbands/wives, own property, etc. etc.

It's your life that is the exception, not mine.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

If Guinastasia is such a complete loser as you describe, it seems like it should be beneath you to hate on her like this.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Liberal
    In this economy, one might expect his recent history and future outlook for growth to be a wee bit bleaker.
    Not in my industry. I'm in telecommunications, and the technology and specific sector I'm in is still growing strong. Plus, in Australia we haven't really seen the kind of downturn you have in the States, though even if we do I expect to see a slowing of growth and not an outright reversal.

Btw, how did you get all your supposed massive wealth? I can't imagine a 300lb ogre riddled with diseases would be good for much of anything, expect rolling over to the 7/11 and filling up the big gulp. I'm guessing you inherited some wealth from your late aunt Millie or some such. I can't imagine anyone actually paying to listen to your endless crazy drama, amusing as it is.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

If Guinastasia is such a complete loser as you describe, it seems like it should be beneath you to hate on her like this.
    Your sincerity (here and in snarkville) is compelling.

Seriously, when someone dishes it out, they should expect to take it. A lesson poor Lib may never learn.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Btw, how did you get all your supposed massive wealth? I can't imagine a 300lb ogre riddled with diseases would be good for much of anything, expect rolling over to the 7/11 and filling up the big gulp. I'm guessing you inherited some wealth from your late aunt Millie or some such. I can't imagine anyone actually paying to listen to your endless crazy drama, amusing as it is.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene
    Who gives a shit? We're not talking to Mr. <RealFirstName><RealLastName>, successful American businessman in Australia. I'm sure there is not one of your tenants or servants but will give you a good name. It doesn't matter. Here on this board we are dealing with leander, internet douchebag. In real life you might deserve respect as a Big Shot but on these boards you give the impression of a none too bright bully who gets his kicks by typing mean words with one hand while yanking furiously at his peen with the other. So that's how we're going treat you. That's all the respect you deserve, here.
    This is precisely my point. Thanks for proving it.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Mostly, "Oh, you're such a loser-I'M this big hot shot, blah blah blah."

Yes, I'm sure he's who he says he is. But I should give a shit because...?
    "At Pottery Barn, if you knock over a lamp, you have to glue it back together, even if when you're done it looks terrible and it doesn't work. Oh, and you have to stay in the store forever. Oh, and it's an exploding lamp. "
    -Stephen Colbert

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by EthelMercaptan
    c'n I ask you something, seriously? And frankly, it's something I wouldn't mind asking Rand Rover, either.

If you have no use for this kind of person, and you are convinced that this board is full of this kind of person, then what are you doing here? Poking 'em with a stick? Something akin to burning ants with a magnifying glass? Reassuring yourself that no matter what else, at least you're not that much of a loser?

I just don't get the appeal of associating yourself with people you have no intention of having respect for. I'd get tired of being surrounded by losers. I'd rather stick to a message board with people who share my interests, or are at least fun to play with.

Why waste your precious time (no snark intended) on the internet seeking out loser people to hate on? If it's more fun than spending real time with friends, learning a new hobby or job skill, catching up on sleep, going through your old stack of Playboys, or any of a number of more useful activities, I gotta wonder at the motives.

I can't say I expect a more in-depth response than a fuck you, or speculations about my own weight, living arrangements or employment status, but I am curious enough to ask anyway.
    This deserves a proper answer.

The reason I read and post here (and on the dope) is because I enjoy it, for several reasons: (1) I like to read and learn, and though I don't post that often, I read a lot. I find that if you skim through all the useless kitten-type posts, there's some real substance. This place (and the dope) is full of retards, but there are also some people who provide some interesting thoughts and real insight. Despite what you may percieve as my "attitude", I truly value that kind of thing. (2) To be honest, watching some of the drama and meltdowns is amusing, much like a guilty pleasure. I don't watch stupid soap operas, but I imagine they would be similar. And (3) this place can be an escape. When you have a real life and job and responsiblities and such, life can be pretty challenging. Sometimes it's nice to get away from it all.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Mostly, "Oh, you're such a loser-I'M this big hot shot, blah blah blah."

Yes, I'm sure he's who he says he is. But I should give a shit because...?
    Guin, I could say that I'm a poor boy who works at McDonald's and I'd still be a big shot compared to you. Seriously, you are the queen of losers. Congrats, sweetie.

Registered
    Feb 2009

leander:

Why do you spend so much of your time on here hating on people you perceive to be retards or losers?

(before anyone gets the wrong end of the stick, I'm asking this purely as a poster)

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Like I've said before, we have this thing where we think that because good things are happening to us, we must be good people, while the people who are suffering must be bad people in order for bad things to be happening to them.

Self-delusional bullshit of the highest order that allows total assholes to find some positive meaning in their life because they're in good financial shape, or in some kind of position of authority (no matter how insignificant). You can tell the most about these people because they're so damned concerned about such things that they only make themselves feel better by harping on people they perceive to be 'beneath' them.

Hint: If you can only stay afloat by pushing others down, then you ain't swimming.
    I reserve the right to be bothered by things that don't faze you,
    and to cheerfully ignore things that bug the shit out of you.
    I am not you.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by TheFlame
    leander:

Why do you spend so much of your time on here hating on people you perceive to be retards or losers?

(before anyone gets the wrong end of the stick, I'm asking this purely as a poster)
    Read my earlier post. Most of "my time" I spend here is actually reading, not posting.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Really? Oh woe is me. 'cuse me folks, I must go and drown myself in the toilet. Some dude I never met before on the internet called me a loser.

(And why is it, when I make a comment about something totally unrelated, the troll answer is always, "Yeah, well-YOU'RE A VIRGIN!!!" Gee, if leander's an example of the typical man around...) Christ.)

In case anyone cares, nowadays, I live at home because I'm broke-and the only illness I have nowadays is epilepsy. In case you haven't noticed, this economy isn't exactly jumping, and jobs aren't exactly falling into peoples' asses.

But at least I have better things to do than troll internet message boards.

(Oh, and I have a nasty cold right now. Which sucks)
    -Stephen Colbert

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Chimera
    Like I've said before, we have this thing where we think that because good things are happening to us, we must be good people, while the people who are suffering must be bad people in order for bad things to be happening to them.

Self-delusional bullshit of the highest order that allows total assholes to find some positive meaning in their life because they're in good financial shape, or in some kind of position of authority (no matter how insignificant). You can tell the most about these people because they're so damned concerned about such things that they only make themselves feel better by harping on people they perceive to be 'beneath' them.

Hint: If you can only stay afloat by pushing others down, then you ain't swimming.
    Your insight is truly wonderous.

Let me guess, you have lots and lots of weely, weely bad stuff happening to you, and it's all someone else's fault, right?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Really? Oh woe is me. 'cuse me folks, I must go and drown myself in the toilet. Some dude I never met before on the internet called me a loser.

(And why is it, when I make a comment about something totally unrelated, the troll answer is always, "Yeah, well-YOU'RE A VIRGIN!!!" Gee, if leander's an example of the typical man around...) Christ.)

In case anyone cares, nowadays, I live at home because I'm broke-and the only illness I have nowadays is epilepsy. In case you haven't noticed, this economy isn't exactly jumping, and jobs aren't exactly falling into peoples' asses.

Guin, you're not a loser because some dude called you a loser. You're a loser because you are a grown woman with a college education who is incapable of running her own life. Sorry, but you're pretty much the definition of a loser.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Let me guess, you have lots and lots of weely, weely bad stuff happening to you, and it's all someone else's fault, right?
    As demonstrated here, you spend an inordinate amount of time and energy looking for others to push down in order to make yourself feel better.
    I am not you.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Guin, I sort of like you, and I have always thought -- and, I think from time to time said -- that you get more shit than you deserve.

But really -- you called leander a "dumbass"; now, it's not that such a comment is beyond the pâté -- frankly, I don't really care who slings what insults which way, unless they're funny -- but is it really so incomprehensible that your personal situation, which you have not concealed at all, might influence what value people place on your evaluation of them? The common saying "consider the source" gets at the basic idea here -- sure, you call leander a "dumbass". Is it really unreasonable for leander to debate whether or not you can legitimately make judgments of other people?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

In case you haven't noticed, this economy isn't exactly jumping, and jobs aren't exactly falling into peoples' asses.
    I just noticed this. I can't believe now you're using the economy as your excuse. What the fuck was your excuse for all those years when the economy was fine?

Fuck, you're pathetic. You know, there are real poor people out there struggling because of the economy. For you to use it as your latest bullshit excuse is disgusting.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Chimera
    As demonstrated here, you spend an inordinate amount of time and energy looking for others to push down in order to make yourself feel better.
    Or maybe when stupid retards like you fling shit at me, I fling back. And then you cry and make up excuses about me to "defend" yourself.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I don't like you leander. Since you don't post your own shortcomings here, I'd be inaccurate trying to hit you below the belt as I've seen you do in a couple of posts.

Or would I be inaccurate because a teeny tiny target is hard to hit?
    Glee 2009

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by jali
    So you're saying leander has a small penis?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I don't like you leander. Since you don't post your own shortcomings here, I'd be inaccurate trying to hit you below the belt as I've seen you do in a couple of posts.

*sobs*

(Seriously, you've morphed your face onto a kitten? C'mon, you're making this way too easy...)

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by leander responding to Guin
    You live at home, have no job, no life, blame all of your problems on made up "illnesses" and have never had sex or even a boyfriend.
    An odd turn of phrase there.

I live at home. But when I say that I live at home, I don't mean that I live with my parents. I mean that I live at the home I bought. So, either you meant that Guin lives with her parents or that she lives in a home she bought. If it's the latter, that's nothing to sneer at. And yet, you're sneering at her. So you must have meant that she lives with her parents, and you phrased it as living "at home" — just as, say, a 19-year-old slacker might. I'm just sayin', is all.

By the way, you and me, we're still tight, right?

Registered
    Feb 2009

I called him a dumbass based on his comments about the whole April Fools/Q.E.D. crap. He chose to make the whole thing personal.

But then, what do you want me to say beyond that? Say, oh, I'm a loser, and cry into my keyboard? Or stick up for myself and have some goddamned pride? Weren't we just telling Liberal to have a thicker skin*? Well, I know I'm better than that.

(As for my parents, they live with ME.)

*Oh, and no offense intended to you, Lib.
    -Stephen Colbert

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I think that's it. As you can tell, her wit is only matched by her mad photoshop skillz.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by leander responding to Guin
    You live at home, have no job, no life, blame all of your problems on made up "illnesses" and have never had sex or even a boyfriend.
    An odd turn of phrase there.

I live at home. But when I say that I live at home, I don't mean that I live with my parents. I mean that I live at the home I bought. So, either you meant that Guin lives with her parents or that she lives in a home she bought. If it's the latter, that's nothing to sneer at. And yet, you're sneering at her. So you must have meant that she lives with her parents, and you phrased it as living "at home" — just as, say, a 19-year-old slacker might. I'm just sayin', is all.

By the way, you and me, we're still tight, right?
    You still haven't answered my question about how you got so rich, assuming you're not just making up the crazy now.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Are you guys taking vitamin D supplements? If you live in the US, especially towards the northerly parts, or if you are dark complected, it's highly likely you're not getting enough vitamin D. There's a lot of evidence from large, thorough studies that taking vitamin D supplements may help prevent several kinds of cancer, as well as autoimmune diseases, osteoporosis, and a whole spectrum of other health problems. Consider taking 1000-2000 IU of vitamin D daily; there is a great deal of solid evidence for its benefit.

I just wanted there to be something useful in this thread.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

(As for my parents, they live with ME.)
    Right, so it's your house, your mortgage, you pay all the bills and they just live with you -- perhaps pay a little "rent"?

Stop the bullshit. And don't fling shit if you can't take it.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

One long streak of rabid posts there leander.

Are you masturbating furiously at the same time?
    I am not you.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Look Leander I hope you don't feel betrayed but I'm not sure I'm still willing to support your application to be a moderator.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I think that's it. As you can tell, her wit is only matched by her mad photoshop skillz.
    Ya done did it now!

Maybe my wit leaves much to be desired, but mothafucka, that was my first try using that software and I think I did a damn good job!
    Glee 2009

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Oh, and no offense intended to you, Lib.
    None taken. He's obviously lying about everything, which makes it all so funny. No great skill in logic is required. None of his numbers or projections add up. It's simple. Snarker goes to Domebo to stir up shit. Goes back to snark board to brag about what he did and laugh about the people he tried to hurt. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Oh, and no offense intended to you, Lib.
    None taken. He's obviously lying about everything, which makes it all so funny. No great skill in logic is required. None of his numbers or projections add up. It's simple. Snarker goes to Domebo to stir up shit. Goes back to snark board to brag about what he did and laugh about the people he tried to hurt. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    If your thesis that "it's all lies" were accurate it seems like you'd be able to come up with more compelling evidence than the "home" thing.

Actually just the other day I was listening to an old episode of a radio show called Loveline, in which the host, a millionaire in his 40s who does not live with his parents, made reference to "living at home" to mean "living at one's parents' home". It stuck out to me too, but apparently some people who are older than 20 use the phrase that way.

So while I recognize that you are pretty intent on "proving" that leander is a loser, you should maybe wait until you have better evidence to support your conclusions.

+ Reply to thread