+ Reply to thread

Thread: Anybody remember this SciFi movie?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Anybody remember this SciFi movie?

I don't remember the title, but I'm pretty sure it was either a made-for-TV movie or a failed pilot. It was made in the early to mid 90s. The main character was a doctor who'd been post to a remote colony. The planet was tidally-locked with it's star so it was always day in one hemisphere and night in the other. Other than that it was pretty Earthlike. Despite being in the far future the fashions, buildings, and everything else looked like something out of the 19th century. The native inhabitants were humanoid, but very hairy. I wanna say they resempled the Grendals from Earth 2. Their salvia could be made into a drug that stopped aging and extended human lifespan indefinatly. The main character's love interest was a local noblewoman who'd commited some crime and been senteced to 5,000 years of house arrest in a castle (she'd already served 500). Does anybody know what I'm talking about?
    No Gods, No Masters

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Anybody remember this SciFi movie?

I'm pretty sure you mean White Dwarf.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by alphaboi
    I don't remember the title, but I'm pretty sure it was either a made-for-TV movie or a failed pilot. It was made in the early to mid 90s. The main character was a doctor who'd been post to a remote colony. The planet was tidally-locked with it's star so it was always day in one hemisphere and night in the other. Other than that it was pretty Earthlike. Despite being in the far future the fashions, buildings, and everything else looked like something out of the 19th century. The native inhabitants were humanoid, but very hairy. I wanna say they resempled the Grendals from Earth 2. Their salvia could be made into a drug that stopped aging and extended human lifespan indefinatly. The main character's love interest was a local noblewoman who'd commited some crime and been senteced to 5,000 years of house arrest in a castle (she'd already served 500). Does anybody know what I'm talking about?
    I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. It was a pilot and never went anywhere. I remember that it had an extremely far future setting but the clothing styles were archaic. I remember the doctor had these gloves that allowed him to reach through someone's skin, and when he put them on they showed someone pulling off rubber gloves run backwards, so it looked kinda like the gloves were leaping onto his hands but mostly like someone taking off gloves backwards. I think the name had "White" in it but I'm not sure.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Harlequin
    I'm pretty sure you mean White Dwarf.
    I missed your post. Yep, that's it.

+ Reply to thread