+ Reply to thread

Thread: The "I need a Death Scene" Challenge

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default The "I need a Death Scene" Challenge

Ok, so I am running the Mafia game in the Games and Sport Forum and it has spiralled into something special. A complete clusterfuck. My english skills are not the greatest, so I am looking for some assistance in writing the End of Day colour. This would be where one player in the game is killed off in an appropriate manner. However, I'm not sure I could do it justice for the end of this particular Day.

So I am looking for a violent, gruesome death scene. Lurid, gory details will be appreciated. If you have an understanding of the game, and have been following it, so much the better. I cannot and will not say what the roles of the players are, so the scene can either be generic or it can relate to a specific role in the hope that the particular role is knocked off. I would suggest reading the thread to understand what is going on and to see the other previous pieces of game colour.

If you have any game knowledge and wish to contribute, PM the scene to me, otherwise feel free to post it into this thread. The most appropriate scene will be featured in the game in a couple of days time. Any submissions by Thursday morning, London time.

Any other good scenes are likely to be used on future Day ends as well.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: The "I need a Death Scene" Challenge

Spike the town's water with Drugs, have several Clue based fantasy outcomes as to what the Lynchee's alignment is, and then finally at the end reveal the correct one.
    You can't go wrong with a classic. (and it'll allow you to use multiple death scenes in case if people have better ideas).
    But yeah, have the scum spike the town's water supply w/ drugs!
    "Dude, your statistical average, which was already in the toilet, just took a plunge into the Earth's mantle." ~ iampunha

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

If you can give me a day or so's notice, I'm happy to do a few a week. Just give me relevant names, any relevant information (character has a fear of water, loves petunias, whatever) and specific instructions if you happen to have them. Oh, and preferred length. Are these going to be quick (100- to 300-word deaths) or longer (1,000-1,500)?

I've never written a death scene, mind you, but I can give you really sick, cold-blooded shit (which will also be violent).

(Why do I feel like I am bragging?)

Registered
    Feb 2009

Actually, these things get made up on the spot in the spare 15 minutes between the end of day and me posting the results. Normally, because the role being killed is not always known until the end of the Day.

I normally have a rough outline of how I want it to go and then fill in the extra details depending on who is killed. I cannot give out details of the roles, because it would spoil the game for the remaining players.

500 words of maximum carnage should be enough to sate the players, rather than a maximum 500 words of carnage.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit
    Actually, these things get made up on the spot in the spare 15 minutes between the end of day and me posting the results. Normally, because the role being killed is not always known until the end of the Day.
    I work 3-11 CST Friday-Tuesday, so that probably wouldn't work for anything but my days off -- on which I can't be relied upon to be awake or asleep at any moment. Sometimes I'm awake for 36 of those 48 hours, and sometimes I'm asleep for most of them.

I normally have a rough outline of how I want it to go and then fill in the extra details depending on who is killed. I cannot give out details of the roles, because it would spoil the game for the remaining players.
    Do you have several rough outlines ready to go depending on who gets killed? Because I could absolutely do like four of them during down time at work. It's being asked to be on call for 15 specific minutes that I probably can't do.

500 words of maximum carnage should be enough to sate the players, rather than a maximum 500 words of carnage.
    Saturating violence is not a problem. Lemme fire off a PM and see if what I have works.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by iampunha
    I work 3-11 CST Friday-Tuesday, so that probably wouldn't work for anything but my days off -- on which I can't be relied upon to be awake or asleep at any moment. Sometimes I'm awake for 36 of those 48 hours, and sometimes I'm asleep for most of them.

Do you have several rough outlines ready to go depending on who gets killed? Because I could absolutely do like four of them during down time at work. It's being asked to be on call for 15 specific minutes that I probably can't do.
    Something in advance I can slip names into would be great. I normally have a couple ready, but I'm looking for something better this time around.

It's the roles which are more important and determine the ending colour.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Not sure what you mean by maximum carnage. Have dropped you a PM with a sample.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

As dusk approached, the Villagers grew more and more agitated, and rightly so. They seemed unable to gain a foothold in the face of the carnage being committed against them. At every turn they found contradiction and confusion, and ultimately they had chosen wrong again and again. Tonight would be different, though. There was one man among them who's death would appease their lust for vengence. It was not a matter of innocence or guilt with this man.

They found him in the back room of the Publick House, alone, playing solitaire and drinking ale. They descended upon him en masse, quickly bound his hands, and placed the noose around his neck, then dragged him up and down the streets of town in a brutal, reeling celebration of vigilante justice before finally hanging him in the town square.

He hanged by his neck for what seemed like hours, though in reality it was only a few moments. Time stood still. Finally, his thrashing grew weaker, weaker, subsided. As the Villagers looked on in eager anticipation they noticed something fall from his lifeless hands (still bound behind his back). It was a rider-back Bicycle playing card.

The Joker.

Winston Smith, a Vanilla Townie, has been killed.

"It was worth it", one of them muttered. Nobody disagreed.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I think you should use the above if he does get lynched today.
    "Dude, your statistical average, which was already in the toilet, just took a plunge into the Earth's mantle." ~ iampunha

+ Reply to thread