+ Reply to thread

Thread: "Gorilla? Gorilla? Gorilla?"--Amazing Race 3/29

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default "Gorilla? Gorilla? Gorilla?"--Amazing Race 3/29

One of the weirder titles of the season, but we'll see what it means shortly!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: "Gorilla? Gorilla? Gorilla?"--Amazing Race 3/29

It started about 20 minutes late, so adjust your recording devices!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Wow, the redheads (at least Jamie) didn't come off well. And then the stuntmen with their pump hiding and "humor." Yick.

[spoiler:3igt1081]Dammit, dammit, dammit, I'm not happy about this outcome. They were my favorites.[/spoiler:3igt1081]

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Julie
    Wow, the redheads (at least Jamie) didn't come off well. And then the stuntmen with their pump hiding and "humor." Yick.

[spoiler:c6qrk9oh]Dammit, dammit, dammit, I'm not happy about this outcome. They were my favorites.[/spoiler:c6qrk9oh]
    Mine, too. I'm just going to have to transfer all of my cheerleading to Adorable Luke and SuperMargie.

It's kind of funny...just two or three episodes ago, everyone was pretty amazed that there just weren't any teams to really root against, since everyone seemed pretty nice. Now I have two definite root-against teams. The Stunt Brothers are way too clever for their own good, as demonstrated by the two tricks that got them penalized this ep, and the Redheads...ugh. This has been building with them for a while and tonight was just awful. They DEFINE Ugly American at this point.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I usually have a team I am cheering for by this time in the game but this time it has been more difficult. I thought it was hilarious that the stunt brothers got penalized and I have gone from not caring how the redheads do to actively hoping they fail. Their behaviour was appalling. I don't mind Victor and his sister and Marge and Luke but overall this has been one of those seasons that doesn't really grab me.
    The details of my life and how I'm trying to improve it: Donkey In A White Coat
    If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then stop, there's no point in making a fool of yourself - W. C. Fields

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I told my husband that if I was that old guy in the herbal shop, I would have moved slower and slower the more those girls yelled at me. It would have been a snail's pace by the time everyone else had gone.

Someone should have gotten Margie some water as soon as she asked for it, when they first got to the mat. She looked like hell.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena
    I told my husband that if I was that old guy in the herbal shop, I would have moved slower and slower the more those girls yelled at me. It would have been a snail's pace by the time everyone else had gone.
    Yep. Contrast that with Mel and Mike who looked like they were actually having a little bit of fun, like, I dunno, a game!

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena
    Yep. Contrast that with Mel and Mike who looked like they were actually having a little bit of fun, like, I dunno, a game!
    Yeah, they seemed to have a good attitude. Question, though...did anyone else hear a couple different locals tell Mel that the gorilla statue was at the zoo, and he kind of brushed them off? Too bad...that might have made the difference for them.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

And then the stuntmen with their pump hiding and "humor." Yick.
    I almost forgot about this. Maybe it was my mind trying to erase it from memory.

How can two people who not only live in Southern California and work in the movie industry, but are themselves double minorities (Hispanic and borderline little people), have such a total insensitivity to stupid stuff like running around a Southeast Asian country in traditional dress (the conical hat) while blathering the worst pseudo-Chinese "joke" fakery ever. "Ching chang" or whatever they were doing? It's probably a good thing Tammy and Victor were far enough behind them not to have heard that.

+ Reply to thread