+ Reply to thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29
Results 1,401 to 1,446 of 1446

Thread: Middle Earth D&D Game: FA63 Setup Thread.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

A keel would also be a good idea unless you want it to sail sideways.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Sep 2009

A revisionist explainer of chivalry has died: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/26/bo...?emc=eta1&_r=0

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I have no direction of what the party is doing next. It sounds like some are off to Rivendell and some are staying for burial detail. Please plan and discuss.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2010

I'll be on vacation, with limited-to-no online access, from this Thursday (10/25) through next Tuesday (10/30).

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit? View post
    I have no direction of what the party is doing next. It sounds like some are off to Rivendell and some are staying for burial detail. Please plan and discuss.
    So, AFAICT, Rorimac and Bitur are staying behind to bury Cwenhild, the rest are off to Rivendell ASAP with the rod hopefully to destroy it, or if not, to find out how to destroy it.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2010

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit View post
    So, AFAICT, Rorimac and Bitur are staying behind to bury Cwenhild, the rest are off to Rivendell ASAP with the rod hopefully to destroy it, or if not, to find out how to destroy it.
    That's my understanding, as well.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by kenobi65 View post
    Mine too.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Sounds great to me. Anything else you need?

Registered
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally posted by Malacandra View post
    Quote Originally posted by kenobi65 View post
    Mine too.
    Ditto. Let's go!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Hi all. I think I am burnt out on the game. I know really have anything left.
    We have a couple of choices.
    1) We can suspend for a while and pick it back up possibly in the future. Maybe the Hobbit movie will re-inspire me.
    2) We can wrap it up but that will take a lot of input from the players as I am fried.
    3) Someone can take the game over. I can pass over much of my notes but the main campaign is actually done at this point.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

I've really enjoyed playing, but I admit that I'd be happy to do something else for a while, too. I'd prefer to suspend it, since we've all got so much long-term character development here, but maybe it would be cleaner to just end it. If we do, though, I think it would be great to line something else up now.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I've had a blast so far. If you're burned out, What Exit?, let's just take a break and suspend it for now. I'd really rather not end it entirely.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2010

I'm still very interested in continuing...I've very much enjoyed playing in this campaign, and getting to know all of you, at least a little bit. I absolutely understand DM burnout, as someone who's DMed for 30 years, and has suffered it a few times myself. Taking a break in hopes that it helps What Exit? is just fine with me.

If it would be better to work on a wrap-up, I'll do all I can to help out with that, though obviously as a (relative) latecomer to the campaign, I don't have nearly as much time invested in my character as most of the rest of you do...but, even so, there's a storyline or two for Ceol that I'd like to take to conclusion.
    Last edited by kenobi65; 24 Oct 2012 at 11:00 PM.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    I've had a blast so far. If you're burned out, What Exit?, let's just take a break and suspend it for now. I'd really rather not end it entirely.
    This, really, I mean, I've written more poetry in the last four years than the rest of my life together and I've really enjoyed the ride, and I'd just as soon wait for fresh inspiration to strike you. Either way, though, it's been a fun time and I don't figure you owe us anything, so whichever way it works out, thank you Jim!
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Feb 2009

This, really, I mean, I've written more poetry in the last four years than the rest of my life together and I've really enjoyed the ride, and I'd just as soon wait for fresh inspiration to strike you. Either way, though, it's been a fun time and I don't figure you owe us anything, so whichever way it works out, thank you Jim!

Ditto.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Ditto.

Registered
    Feb 2009

It looks like a small hiatus is in order from the sounds of it.

I have enjoyed this game very much, but I have hit a wall. So we'll see what a month or 3 will do.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Maybe we could start up another game in the meantime? I haven't got the spare time to run one, but maybe someone else would like to volunteer?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Take as much time as you need to recharge your batteries. I agree with the general sentiment that a hiatus is preferable to an all out end.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally posted by Appleciders View post
    Maybe we could start up another game in the meantime? I haven't got the spare time to run one, but maybe someone else would like to volunteer?
    You're all more than welcome to take a look at my ongoing Mello Star Trek game, if you like. I could fit in some additional players with no problem.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I would volunteer, but my last effort wasn't so good.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

I have to say, I was really impressed with the Necessary Evil game. It's really a great system and flexible. If I weren't going to be on vacation from about the middle of November to the beginning of January, I'd volunteer to run that.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Hi all, I survived Sandy with no real problems. I have Internet on a weird jury-rig for a little while. Damage was minor to the house but I don't know how long before we have power. Worst thing so far was trying to sleep the night of the storm and a freezing cold shower this morning as I have a electric hot water.

We have no cell service but we do have t'phone at least. I was really missing the Internet. I have some trees down and they are too big for me to deal with so eventually I have to get a tree service in to deal with them. I doubt home owners will pay unfortunately.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Hope you have better days - and nights - ahead, What Exit!

I have to say, I was really impressed with the Necessary Evil game. It's really a great system and flexible. If I weren't going to be on vacation from about the middle of November to the beginning of January, I'd volunteer to run that.
    I was sorry to see that wither on the vine. It'd be great to see it started up again.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2010

Glad to hear you're all right, What Exit?. Fingers crossed that your power is restored soon.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Yep, glad all's well there Jim. Look after yourself, you hear me?
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Feb 2009

Glad to hear you survived it all. Hope everything returns back to normal soon.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Middle-earth Christmas trivia: what is the significance of Dec. 25 in LOTR? (No research allowed!)

Registered
    Feb 2009

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Middle-earth Christmas trivia: what is the significance of Dec. 25 in LOTR? (No research allowed!)
    Spoiler (mouseover to read):
    That would be around the time they were in Rivendell. They waited a bit after the council & Frodo's recovery to leave. So either the day of the Council at Rivendell or the day the Fellowship set out. Either event could be considered the birth of the Fellowship so these seem very likely.

(Note: very few specific dates were mentioned in the appendix except for the Year of the War so thus almost certainly Fellowship related. I can only think of one specific date from the Hobbit and that was Bilbo's birthday, September 22nd or Hobbit Day if you will.)

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

So now that I'm back from vacation, I find myself with the time and inclination to try running a game here. I'd like to run a game of Necessary Evil, much like we had running earlier, and I thought I'd open up player's slots to the folks from this game first. Is anyone else interested? I'd really like to get four players (and no more, so the game moves quickly), and I won't be running a character myself. Anybody up for it?

Registered
    Sep 2009

...Middle-earth Christmas trivia: what is the significance of Dec. 25 in LOTR? (No research allowed!)
    Yes, the Fellowship left Rivendell, after the Council of Elrond, on Dec. 25 - an auspicious day for a devout Christian like the Professor. Good job, What Exit.

Appleciders, I'd be willing to play. If you continue with the same NE characters, I'd rather run one of them than create a new one. I really enjoyed reading the game thread when it was underway: http://www.mellophant.com/forums/sho...ission-2/page3

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I'd like to continue with Terawatt - I think that character was working out just fine.

Some time I'd like to run something more sword'n'sorcery based, but I haven't really the time while I'm a student teacher.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Feb 2009

So now that I'm back from vacation, I find myself with the time and inclination to try running a game here. I'd like to run a game of Necessary Evil, much like we had running earlier, and I thought I'd open up player's slots to the folks from this game first. Is anyone else interested? I'd really like to get four players (and no more, so the game moves quickly), and I won't be running a character myself. Anybody up for it?
    I'm going to pass. I can forward my character to you if you decide you want it.

...Middle-earth Christmas trivia: what is the significance of Dec. 25 in LOTR? (No research allowed!)
    Yes, the Fellowship left Rivendell, after the Council of Elrond, on Dec. 25 - an auspicious day for a devout Christian like the Professor. Good job, What Exit.
    Cool, at least I was able to narrow it down.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

OK, that's two. EH, did you have your eye on any character in particular?

EDIT: It occurs to me that there's another playable character already introduced: Mindjack, the mind-control guru that the villains rescue in the first mission. There are stats available for him in the book, so if you want, you could play him as well.
    Last edited by Appleciders; 06 Jan 2013 at 12:43 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

OK, that's two. EH, did you have your eye on any character in particular?

EDIT: It occurs to me that there's another playable character already introduced: Mindjack, the mind-control guru that the villains rescue in the first mission. There are stats available for him in the book, so if you want, you could play him as well.
    I'll play whatever otherwise-unclaimed character would be most helpful to the party. Don't really have my eye on anything. Perhaps you'd want to post in the game thread to attract the attention of NE players who wouldn't otherwise check this Middle-earth setup thread?

And Malacandra, count me in whenever you get a game of your own underway!

Registered
    Sep 2009

Thought you might like to see my rector's (top priest in an Episcopal church) Tolkien-themed Christmas Eve sermon: http://www.stpauls-church.org/docume...ehem%20AMG.pdf

Registered
    Feb 2009

I have an ancient log book from when I was in the Navy with my additional rules for D&D for Middle Earth. The notes were largely written 3 lines per line. Now that I am 48 I can't read these notes without reading glasses. I am happy it is only the minimal size reading glasses but still a problem. Additionally the paper is breaking down at the edges.

So I have scanned in about 40 pages of notes from the log book and loose notes that have accumulated and I am slowly making all my notes electronic. (Word & Excel mostly). I am also updated some areas as I go.

Not sure why I am posting this but I am starting another Middle Earth campaign at home around the table and just thought I would revive this thread.

I also gave in and retired my original D&D books. They are worn out and breaking down. I have replacement plus I have PDFs of many of them from when Wizards was selling them.

My poor DMG is 1st shipment of the 1st printing of the 1st edition. It is in very bad shape now. Thankfully with patience I have bought extra books on Ebay all for under $15 and in most cases under $12 per book.

My daughter and I have also repainted 100s of the plastic minis and even some of my old lead figures. It is a fun Hobby.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Glad you posted. I was just thinking about this game the other day and wondering if it was still running. It looks like it hasn't run for a couple of years.

I had a great time playing this game.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Registered
    Sep 2009

All's well here. My Mello Star Trek game is still bumping along.

When and where in Middle-earth will your new tabletop campaign begin, What Exit? How many players will you have, and in what roles, do you think? Hope you all have a blast, as I did in your SDMB and Mello versions.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Hey NAF1138, its been a while.

Good luck with the tabletop game What Exit? Hope it runs well, the game here was great.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Hey NAF1138, glad you posted.

The Middle-Earth campaign is starting in Minas Tirith in the year 56FA. The earliest I have started a campaign I believe. It is only 2 players this time.

Thanks to all 3 of you for the kind words.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Eight or nine years before Gil-Gandel's Fellowship's first adventure, then? Who are the two characters?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm glad I still had the email subscription notification turned on. I have been insanely busy recently and haven't had any time to check in with the online community. Good to know things are still chugging along.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Slowly but surely indeed. Would love to hear more about the campaign you're going to run What Exit?

Registered
    Feb 2009

It is just my kids playing a pair of characters each. Rohirrim Paladin, Noldo Mage from Rivendell, a younger son of the Prince of Dol Amroth Ranger/Bard & one of Sam's youngest sons so a Hobbit Treasure Finder of course. Currently down south in Gondor investigating a minor spooking but this has led indirectly to a far more dangerous servant of Sauron that they cannot handle. They will probably (hopefully) report this lead back to Minas Tirith or Dol Amroth and investigate the spooks they had started with.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Thanks for the update! Hope you all have fun.

+ Reply to thread