+ Reply to thread

Thread: One of the Most Bizarre Trailers I've Ever Seen

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default One of the Most Bizarre Trailers I've Ever Seen

It appears to be for a Japanese animated TV series featuring rabbits fighting terrorist lizards called . If any of our Japanese based Domers would like to explain this, I'd be much obliged.
    Proud member of the '09 Phanters! K.I.L.L. S.M.U.R.F.S.
    Have you ever wondered if your mom kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob? You are now. "To be second in space is to be second in everything," LBJ

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: One of the Most Bizarre Trailers I've Ever Seen

I think they are camels, not lizards. Strange indeed, but I'm kinda diggin' the animation style.

Dare I ask how you came across it?
    Heaven doesn't want me, and Hell is afraid I'll take over

Registered
    Mar 2009

Two things come to mind.

1. Every now and then I'll be browsing a board and come across something crazy while I'm at work, and a co-worker will ask me "Where do you find this stuff?" I'm glad I'm not at work now.

2. As I'm watching this I'm torn. They're all so cute, why oh why are they fighting?!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by freekalette
    I think they are camels, not lizards. Strange indeed, but I'm kinda diggin' the animation style.

They seem to be characterizing Middle Eastern people as camels. I'm not sure whom the rabbits represent. I guess it's easy to tell friend from foe when they're markedly different species (although both mammals).

Those rabbits are hardcore.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by beebs
    Two things come to mind.

1. Every now and then I'll be browsing a board and come across something crazy while I'm at work, and a co-worker will ask me "Where do you find this stuff?"
    And the answer is always, ALWAYS "It came from Japan." I'm convinced that we fucked them up royally with the A-Bombs. Their collective cultural consciousness couldn't handle the grief and stress, so we end up with stuff like this (NSFW).

Joe

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Wheresgeorge04
    Two things come to mind.

1. Every now and then I'll be browsing a board and come across something crazy while I'm at work, and a co-worker will ask me "Where do you find this stuff?"
    And the answer is always, ALWAYS "It came from Japan." I'm convinced that we fucked them up royally with the A-Bombs. Their collective cultural consciousness couldn't handle the grief and stress, so we end up with stuff like this (NSFW).

Joe
    Yep, but it's this phenomenon that gives us the modern sport of "Google Seppuku," so Bo bless 'em. :twisted:
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Registered
    Feb 2009

Someone twittered it.
    Proud member of the '09 Phanters! K.I.L.L. S.M.U.R.F.S.
    Have you ever wondered if your mom kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob? You are now. "To be second in space is to be second in everything," LBJ

Registered
    Mar 2009

Their collective cultural consciousness couldn't handle the grief and stress, so we end up with stuff like this (NSFW).

Joe
    Is that you, John Wayne?

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Two things come to mind.

Joe
    And after being surrounded by it long enough, it stops seeming all that strange. That's why I love living here.
    No cage, thank you. I'm a human being.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Those bunnies kick ass!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Baldwin

They seem to be characterizing Middle Eastern people as camels. I'm not sure whom the rabbits represent. I guess it's easy to tell friend from foe when they're markedly different species (although both mammals).

Those rabbits are hardcore.
    Rabbits are Americans, the French are pigs, the Chinese are pandas, Japanese are monkeys and gorillas, Russians are bears, Koreans are dogs, and Brits are rats.

So says Wikipedia, anyway.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Mar 2009

One of the more bizarre trailers I've seen recently was something like that too, although I've mostly blocked it out of my memory.

It was also something to do with this global struggle between two semi-furry species, one of which I think was an alien invader? But anyway they were cutesy enough that any minute I thought the sombre music would stop with a record scratching and they would all start dancing. But no, this was an apparently mostly serious movie.

And the worst, strangest part of it is, they used Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria in the trailer. Which is strange and sad because I would never think Coheed would allow that since all of their songs are part of a story of their own, and now the song is used in this.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Tuckerfan, I was disappointed by your link.

I can't say I know what's going on in all aspects of the trailer that you showed me, but I don't have the feeling of bogglement that I got yesterday after doing a little Google searching for WTF images.

I found this image while I was doing that search.

The comments section of the linked picture explains that it's a still from a movie called Funky Forest. There was also a link to a segment featuring the characters involved in that picture. Here's that segment.

Looking at the related videos, one can actually see a trailer for the film, from the Toronto After Dark Film Festival. It is even more boggling to me.

is a bizarre trailer.

SPAM?
    Registered
    Apr 2012

i think that its a very strange for me that it looks very different i didn't see this before...its a very huge thing but its confirm that its not a lizards.

+ Reply to thread