+ Reply to thread

Thread: Who'd win: Billy Jack vs Buford Pusser

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Who'd win: Billy Jack vs Buford Pusser

All right fantasy fight fans, it's time for another night of exciting action.

In the Blue Corner, from the Freedom School, a man that will take his right foot and wop you on that side of your face....

BILLY JACK

And his opponent, in the Red Corner, from McNairy County, TN, a man known for "Walking Tall"....

BUFORD PUSSER

Billy Jack is a Green Beret veteran, Buford Pusser got a medical discharge from the Marine Corps. Both guys were known for beating up rednecks, albeit for different reasons. Billy Jack is a Hapkido expert, Buford Pusser is a brawling big man. The "Buford Stick" has been banned from ringside under Fantasy Fight Federation rules. Billy Jack's rifle is also banned from ringside.
    Valete,
    Vox Imperatoris

Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
    Blümchen—My Avatar
    Last.fm Pandora Political Compass
    Mentes Liberae et Mercat?s Liberi

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Who'd win: Billy Jack vs Buford Pusser

Come on, this is no contest, Buford Pusser may kick some ass but he can't kill a man with his feet, and I doubt he has the strength of character to take on Washington the way Billy Jack did.

Billy Jack all the way.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Who wrote the movie? Hippie or Decent, Hard-Working Person?

I'd say that it would end in a draw, except that Billy's hippie girlfriend appeared ringside in Round 5 to remind him that violence wasn't the answer. The moment of existential doubt this caused in Billy gave Buford the opening he needed to land the knockout blow. Pusser in 5 1/2.
    "The Turtle Moves!"

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Pusser isn't shit without his whupping stick.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Billy Jack was just generally tougher. Once in the ring I don't see him getting distracted.

Now Joe Don Baker has always been a tough in move is and his name sounds tough. Alternately Dwayne Johnson could probably take any of them in a fight and he was the 2004 version.

Billy Jack was Tom Laughlin who was a real life bad ass. He was a college running and really was trained in hapkido karate.

So I would say Billy Jack easily beats Joe Don Baker's Buford but only after Buford takes a scary amount of abuse.

However Modern 2004 Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is just better suited to ring fights and is much stronger and probably an equal fighter.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Joe Don Baker is not a contestant. Neither is Dwayne Johnson or Tom Laughlin. All of the FFF series fights are the characters/people/entities named, not the actors who portrayed them. "Billy Jack" never existed outside of fiction. Buford Pusser was a real person who did some extraordinary things. Pusser was a big guy. 6'6" and probably outweighed Billy Jack. If the fight goes to the mat, Pusser has the advantage.

Edit to add: "The Rock" is purely an entertainer. He's never shown any shoot skills, nor has he claimed them. Think he did play college football.
    Valete,
    Vox Imperatoris

Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
    Blümchen—My Avatar

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Oakminster
    Joe Don Baker is not a contestant. Neither is Dwayne Johnson or Tom Laughlin. All of the FFF series fights are the characters/people/entities named, not the actors who portrayed them. "Billy Jack" never existed outside of fiction. Buford Pusser was a real person who did some extraordinary things. Pusser was a big guy. 6'6" and probably outweighed Billy Jack. If the fight goes to the mat, Pusser has the advantage.
    So are we using the movie character Buford or the real one? If we are using the movie character, which version. The newer version was a more highly skilled fighter.

I think the Green Beret karate expert wins against the big man though if we keep it to the characters.

(I was throwing in some Grudgematch style analysis.)

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

It's the real Buford Pusser against the fictional Billy Jack, using modern MMA rules.

As a side note, Buford Pusser worked a few pro wrestling matches before turning to law enforcement.
    Valete,
    Vox Imperatoris

Blümchen—My Avatar

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

If it's real Pusser vs. Billy Jack it's even less of a contest. Again, Billy Jack could kill a man with his feet. Pusser needs a big stick. This fight ends in round 1.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Think you may be over rating that "kills with his feet" thing. I can kill people with my feet, hands, forearms, and possibly elbows and knees. So can you, or anyone else. Pusser probably had some degree of military hand to hand combat training in the Marines before his discharge, as well as some degree of wrestling training/experience. He may have also had law enforcement training in non-lethal hand to hand combat.
    Valete,
    Vox Imperatoris

Blümchen—My Avatar

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Oakminster
    Think you may be over rating that "kills with his feet" thing. I can kill people with my feet, hands, forearms, and possibly elbows and knees. So can you, or anyone else. Pusser probably had some degree of military hand to hand combat training in the Marines before his discharge, as well as some degree of wrestling training/experience. He may have also had law enforcement training in non-lethal hand to hand combat.

Maybe, I am over rating the kills with his feet thing, but I have seen Bong Soo Han (the fight co-ordinator and Hapkido master on Billy Jack) and some of his students give a live demonstration...those guys are really insane and in amazing physical shape. One would assume that Billy is equally agile. Also, Pusser was discharged for athsma, so I wonder about his stamina. On the other hand, Billy Jack is an ex-green barret.

Also,

Registered
    Mar 2009

Pusser is the kind of guy I'd want at my back in a bar fight, where everybody's brawling and somebody has to clean house. But outside the barroom, one on one and without the "Buford Stick," I'd have to give the edge to Billy Jack. Pusser would do himself proud and the fight would go on for a while, but in the end, I'd say Billy Jack would win.

+ Reply to thread