+ Reply to thread

Thread: "Alright guys, we're at war!"--Amazing Race 3/22

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default "Alright guys, we're at war!"--Amazing Race 3/22

It should have been called "I used my boobies to transport the hay."

Delayed, I assume by basketball. Grr.

Lots of people sounded dismayed to go to India. I think India looks amazing. Yes, poor and chaotic in so many of the places they go, but amazing and challenging and extremely intimidating. The moustaches were magnificent! And monkeeeeeeys! And nose flutes!

Spoilers to follow:
    [spoiler:39nwzk4q]Mel and Mike are one of the first teams who actually demonstrate smart racing to make up for physical limitations.

The blondes seemed like cool women. They don't scream at one another or get vicious. "We're gonna do shakers. We don't search well."

I hate when one choice is sooo much faster than the other.[/spoiler:39nwzk4q]

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: "Alright guys, we're at war!"--Amazing Race 3/22

I really like the new way they are handling non-elimination legs, making the team who came in last do an extra task on the next leg. It seems to give them a fighting chance vs. having to come in first on the next leg.

I loved the girls trying to carry hay in their shirts. They are going to be itching like hell!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena
    I really like the new way they are handling non-elimination legs, making the team who came in last do an extra task on the next leg. It seems to give them a fighting chance vs. having to come in first on the next leg.

I loved the girls trying to carry hay in their shirts. They are going to be itching like hell!
    How is it that only Mel spied the baskets right away? Even Victor screwed it up at first. Did you see that guy get camel-kicked? Then Tammy does a face plant for no reason at all in her rush to get to Victor.

I'm actually glad Christie and Jodi got eliminated. Now I won't have to hear any more about how they know all about the travel industry.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by mozg
    I'm actually glad Christie and Jodi got eliminated. Now I won't have to hear any more about how they know all about the travel industry.
    When's the last time they even said anything about the travel industry?

Registered
    Mar 2009

How is it that only Mel spied the baskets right away? Even Victor screwed it up at first. Did you see that guy get camel-kicked? Then Tammy does a face plant for no reason at all in her rush to get to Victor.
    Getting kicked by a camel does not look fun. I couldn't figure out how they missed the baskets, either. Classic bad clue-reading...did they really think the "tradtional method" involved stuffing hay down your bra?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Julie
    When's the last time they even said anything about the travel industry?
    Damn near every time there's a cab-ride-to-the-airport video.

Although the last episode where they came in last after the under-wear run they had done a big 180 and started talking about how they were the underdogs.

Now my biggest annoyance is Victor and his whole 'Do the Asian big brother thing' and 'Asian engineering' and shut the fuck up about being an Asian lawyer already.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I like it in theory, but there was little likelihood on this particular leg that they would be able to catch up. It was only the brothers being doofuses that gave them even that chance.

While I've been amused a lot this season, I think the tasks have been a little too straightforward and linear. Apparently, I like it when the racers suffer.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Julie
    I like it in theory, but there was little likelihood on this particular leg that they would be able to catch up. It was only the brothers being doofuses that gave them even that chance.

While I've been amused a lot this season, I think the tasks have been a little too straightforward and linear. Apparently, I like it when the racers suffer.
    Well, they should have to suffer a little to win a million bucks! But yeah, whether or not there's a chance to catch up kind of depends on the roadblock & detours being a little tricky, so there's a possibility that someone will get hung up on them. The tasks on this episode were pretty straight forward. The brothers should have known...never pick the needle (or should I say elephant) in the haystack option!

I just never liked the other ways they've handled the non-elimination leg people. Taking their cash I found extremely uncomfortable (watch the rich Americans beg for money from poverty-stricken folks in the third world, so they can have a chance to win a million dollars!" Bleah.) And, as I said, having to go from last to first in one leg is a bit overly optimisic. This solution is my favorite so far.

+ Reply to thread