+ Reply to thread

Thread: Post like the poster above you!

Libertarian Autocrat Vox Imperatoris's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Post like the poster above you!

Inspired by the sock thread which mentioned this game, I decided to go ahead and make a version of it on the DoMeBo forums. The "goal" is to post in the style of the poster above you, so that a person not looking at your usernames wouldn't be able to tell your posts apart. Post about any topic, I guess, and if the responses are good enough, maybe someone can turn them into a little game we could host on the main page, with the posts copy/pasted, without the name attached, and several names to choose from, available in multiple-choice format.

I'm terrible at this, so I'll be the first target!
    Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
    Return of Blümchen! (To my Avatar spot.)
    Last.fm Pandora Political Compass
    Mentes Liberae et Mercatūs Liberi

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: Post like the poster above you!

I don't want to impose on anyone, and far be it from me to suggest how you may wish to occupy your time on here, but I've just had a jolly good idea to while away 10 minutes. Don't feel under any pressure, but I expect nothing less than your most serious efforts and best behaviour - and especially no untoward hanky-panky - throughout the duration of your participation in this thread.

Caveat emptor,

Vox Imperatoris
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Libertarian Autocrat Vox Imperatoris's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

You even said "certainly"! Although, I don't think I've ever (or at least very rarely) actually used a Latin phrase like that in a post, except for my signoff and signature. Really funny, though!

(This post doesn't count as above the next one for the purposes of the game.)
    Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
    Return of Blümchen! (To my Avatar spot.)
    Last.fm Pandora Political Compass
    Mentes Liberae et Mercatūs Liberi

Registered
    Feb 2009

The apparently inimitable ivan seems (on initial observation) to have stumped your facsimilising abilities, fellow domebohemians?

(Can he really be that difficult to pin down?)
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I have read this post over and over and I wonder what my mum would think of my impersonation of our esteemed student of Latin.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Mar 2009

Posting like jali should be easy. Though I don't post as much as her - how could I? Just got to keep it short and full of sentence fragments . This is hard - but fun! "Just going to wander off now!" [ducks away and smiles]

(My apologies, jali)
    Something tells me we haven't seen the last of foreshadowing.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I am going to make my case in a calm, reasoned and jocular manner, and if I fail to appeal to your better nature, I will leave you to your malevolent devices and bid you "Good day!". Now, what was we discussing, again?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by AllWalker
    Posting like jali should be easy. Though I don't post as much as her - how could I? Just got to keep it short and full of sentence fragments . This is hard - but fun! "Just going to wander off now!" [ducks away and smiles]

(My apologies, jali)
    Ha.
    Ha.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

+ Reply to thread