Closed thread

Thread: Assassins in the Palace starting in 20 minutes (Game Over)

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Assassins in the Palace starting in 20 minutes (Game Over)

If you like mafia-type games, we're trying to start up a short version called Assassins in the Palace. 10:15 Eastern Daylight Time (it's currently 9:55).

Come to the DoMeBo_Speakeasy Channel on IRC. If you don't know what that means, holler.

We need at least six players. Newbies welcome! The game should take under 2 hours.

Libertarian Autocrat Vox Imperatoris's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Assassins in the Palace starting in 20 minutes

And if we don't get enough people by 10:15, we can keep waiting, as long as people don't have to leave.

Also, while it could at the most take two hours, it will probably be quite a bit less than that, so don't be too intimidated.

ETA: I might as well post the rules so everyone can read them right here instead of waiting to get on the channel:

There is a king, three guards, and an assassin. The guards all know who their king is, but they do not know who each other are. The assassin is trying to kill the king, but he doesn't know who he is. He gets one chance in the entire game to kill somebody, and he wins if he kills the king. Every "day", the guards vote on a person to lynch, trying to get to the assassin (lynching the king, which, amazingly, has happened more than you might think, is not supposed to happen). However, the assassin can use his kill even after the lynch mob has surrounded him, meaning kills the king and gets away. The assassin wins if this happens, and, in fact, it usually does happen this way (as opposed to him picking out the king earlier on). If he picks the wrong person, he loses and dies.

If you are:
    The King—lynch the assassin, but keep a low profile to keep him from discovering you.
    A Guard—lynch the assassin. Don't be afraid to give your life in the line of duty (i.e. get lynched); you still win if you die and the king lives.
    The Assassin—find out the king's identity and kill him. Don't take too much control over the lynch mob, or you'll be suspected.
    Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
    Return of Blümchen! (To my Avatar spot.)
    Last.fm Pandora Political Compass
    Mentes Liberae et Mercatūs Liberi

Registered
    Feb 2009

If you've always wanted to play mafia but didn't want the time commitment, this is a great opportunity. You'll be dead in no time!

Registered
    Mar 2009

And to get on the channel, just go here and type #DoMeBo_Speakeasy in the channel box. It's that easy! So you've got no excuse.

ETA: And if you'd put your username on the boards in the nick box, it would be easier for us to remember who you are.
    Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Well, we're still on for it, if anyone shows up. We have two players, perhaps a third.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

[modhat:27eb113m]As per Julie's request (via PM) I have locked this and changed the subject to add (Game Over).[/modhat:27eb113m]

Closed thread