Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Leander

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: Leander

Quote Originally posted by CRSP
    Quote Originally posted by leander
    I think CSRP has in general not, though his comment about "letting QED ban me" was out of order and in the same vein.
    Yeah, I shouldn't have said that. I apologize.
    Thank you for that. Seriously, that's a hell of gesture considering. I know I've been a bit of a dick, and you're being the better man. Kudos.
    I didn't make the world this way, it was like this when I got here

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Pixiesnix
    Quote Originally posted by Liberal
    I think it would be fun to put him in a forum dedicated to trolls. We could call it The Dungeon. He could post nowhere but there. We could drop by and leave turds in his threads on our way to other forums. It would be like watching the monkey at a zoo. Alternatively, we could completely ignore him as he posts his witless, lame attempts at snark. This is an actual possibility being discussed by people elsewhere. If the powers that be lack the balls to warn or ban him, we members could take care of him once he has been locked away from the decent folk.
    That sounds like a brilliant idea, and it would be a good way to let off steam before going off to the important threads. At the very least he could serve as a cautionary tale to others.
    Have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1137

Add your vote.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Any more crazy?
    Yes. Give your life to Jesus.
    I must have touched a nerve. Hopefully it's not too close to one of the many 400 lb arteries running through that nearly dead body.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Done and done.

Take care, Lib. Don't let Snarky McPsycho bother you too much. He's just a yippy little Pomeranian, nipping at your ankles.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Done and done.

Take care, Lib. Don't let Snarky McPsycho bother you too much. He's just a yippy little Pomeranian, nipping at your ankles.
    Get some help, kid. It doesn't have to be all that bad.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

He's a parasitic worm in a donkey's ass, and bothers me only in the sense that unsightly trash mars an otherwise scenic view. I can see now why QED fell prey to his harrassment, and I regret having defended Leander even in the abstract. Had I known then what I know now, I would have supported the Captain's remarks. My concern was about members of the community. I couldn't care less about trolls.

He's not one of us, and he knows it. But he's so socially damaged that hostility is the only tool he has. And hostility is the only thing he contributes to the board. Sadly, allowing him to be here and interact with us is tantamount to encouraging him to troll and push buttons.

Even before he interacted with me, it was hard to understand why the powers were indulging him, given what they said about him. Now that I see it with my own eyes, I have to wonder whether something else is afoot. Does the Captain owe him money or favors of some kind? If it were my board, I wouldn't want it fouled by trash like Leander.

A couple of people have pleaded to keep him around so we can pick on him, or because it's good to have a diversity of people. But I'd prefer a diversity of viewpoints rather than a diversity of community damage. Why keep someone around whose only concern with respect to the community is destabilizing and destroying it?

This I do not understand. Of what use is he to anyone?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Heh, all good points, Lib. To paraphrase the great Calvin, leander is like a slug. He probably serves some purpose, but it's hard to imagine what.

I'm done with him now, anyway. The more vitriol he spews, the funnier he gets, in a pathetic sort of way.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

He's a parasitic worm in a donkey's ass, and bothers me only in the sense that unsightly trash mars an otherwise scenic view. I can see now why QED fell prey to his harrassment, and I regret having defended Leander even in the abstract. Had I known then what I know now, I would have supported the Captain's remarks. My concern was about members of the community. I couldn't care less about trolls.

He's not one of us, and he knows it. But he's so socially damaged that hostility is the only tool he has. And hostility is the only thing he contributes to the board. Sadly, allowing him to be here and interact with us is tantamount to encouraging him to troll and push buttons.

Even before he interacted with me, it was hard to understand why the powers were indulging him, given what they said about him. Now that I see it with my own eyes, I have to wonder whether something else is afoot. Does the Captain owe him money or favors of some kind? If it were my board, I wouldn't want it fouled by trash like Leander.

A couple of people have pleaded to keep him around so we can pick on him, or because it's good to have a diversity of people. But I'd prefer a diversity of viewpoints rather than a diversity of community damage. Why keep someone around whose only concern with respect to the community is destabilizing and destroying it?

This I do not understand. Of what use is he to anyone?
    Holy crap! Lib, if your intent was to show that you weren't crazy, then you have seriously failed.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Heh, all good points, Lib. To paraphrase the great Calvin, leander is like a slug. He probably serves some purpose, but it's hard to imagine what.

I'm done with him now, anyway. The more vitriol he spews, the funnier he gets, in a pathetic sort of way.
    If I may ask, how old are you?

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Well, Lib, it's a bit like my views on the death penalty. It's not about what he deserves, its about what we need to be as a "society".

This is supposed to be the free speech board. The board borne in a revolution. The anti-Zotti board. The "in my day, we called each other cunts and we liked it!" board. That being the case, I think we need to stick to our ideals even if it means dealing with a few fucksticks now and then.

If leander or anyone else really crosses the line then I would be fine with his banning. Until / unless that occurs, I suggest those who don't want to be bothered with him avoid engaging with him. I really think he will wind down if people ignore him. Who knows, maybe he has something useful to add in a topic that doesn't involve Q.E.D.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

You make an interesting point, Myrn. But I don't see it as an issue of free speech. I see it as an issue of quality speech. It isn't a matter of forbidden words or phrases. It's a matter of community edification or destruction.

Consider Leander's response to me in this thread. I was the one who defended him in the other thread, and came here to tell the powers that they should shit or get off the pot. His response? Gratitude? Encouragement? some explanation of how he was misunderstood?

Nope. Straight up attack straight from the get-go.

I don't care if people say fuck or cunt. But I do care if their only desire is to disrupt the community and alienate members in good standing while contributing nothing of substance. Don't you?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

It has come to my attention via PM that the Powers might be hesitant to ban someone so soon in the board's existence.

I say that that's a terribly misguided judgment. The board ought to be protected from trolls exactly when it is threatened by trolls, no matter whether that comes now or two years from now.

The rule does not state "Don't be a jerk after three months."

Someone has come along at the opening bell, with the clear intent of causing trouble, stalking members, and stirring up hostile shit. Failure to deal with it expeditiously would be, in my opinion, a staggering failure of leadership.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

It has come to my attention via PM that the Powers might be hesitant to ban someone so soon in the board's existence.

I say that that's a terribly misguided judgment. The board ought to be protected from trolls exactly when it is threatened by trolls, no matter whether that comes now or two years from now.

The rule does not state "Don't be a jerk after three months."

Someone has come along at the opening bell, with the clear intent of causing trouble, stalking members, and stirring up hostile shit. Failure to deal with it expeditiously would be, in my opinion, a staggering failure of leadership.
    See, this is why you're a lying (crazy) sack of shit. You claim to NOT be calling for my banning, yet that's exactly what you're doing.

I'm guessing that you'll cause a huge stink, then rush off in a fit of crazy. Why do I think this?

BECAUSE YOU'VE DONE IT 10-15 TIMES BEFORE!!

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I don't care if people say fuck or cunt. But I do care if their only desire is to disrupt the community and alienate members in good standing while contributing nothing of substance. Don't you?
    Of course.

To Leander- it's like this. (Myrna prepares to break out the metaphor and be accused of Taking Things Too Seriously)

This board is like a little colony of folks, all of whom have left the Old World for various reasons (although some do teleport back and forth) to start up a new community in a virgin land. Luckily, it's mostly a democracy and we are all able to take part in the shaping of the place. That's what the thread you dropped into in ADF was about, perfecting our community. Q.E.D. made a mistake, it was addressed, we were moving on and discussing other issues. Then you show up for now other reason than to show your ass and gloat. It's like you came into our town hall meeting after the issues on the table were mostly dealt with and starting screaming abuse from the back while the rest of us were almost ready to start folding up chairs and cleaning up. There was no use for what you said, it was just mean spirited crowing. You can't be surprised if people respond to that with hostility.

Now, if you are at all a good guy, you have two choices - You can join us here (there are lots of trees left and plenty of nice people to help you build a cabin), mix with us, contribute to the economy, take part in our discussions, make your voice heard at our town meetings (but make sure you do this in good faith). Leave all the bullshit from elsewhere where you found it and don't drag it here.

Or get the fuck out.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

You claim to NOT be calling for my banning, yet that's exactly what you're doing.
    You changed my mind. Have someone read to you what you quoted from me above:

"I can see now why QED fell prey to his harrassment, and I regret having defended Leander even in the abstract. Had I known then what I know now, I would have supported the Captain's remarks."

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene
    Of course.

To Leander- it's like this. (Myrna prepares to break out the metaphor and be accused of Taking Things Too Seriously)

This board is like a little colony of folks, all of whom have left the Old World for various reasons (although some do teleport back and forth) to start up a new community in a virgin land. Luckily, it's mostly a democracy and we are all able to take part in the shaping of the place. That's what the thread you dropped into in ADF was about, perfecting our community. Q.E.D. made a mistake, it was addressed, we were moving on and discussing other issues. Then you show up for now other reason than to show your ass and gloat. It's like you came into our town hall meeting after the issues on the table were mostly dealt with and starting screaming abuse from the back while the rest of us were almost ready to start folding up chairs and cleaning up. There was no use for what you said, it was just mean spirited crowing. You can't be surprised if people respond to that with hostility.

Now, if you are at all a good guy, you have two choices - You can join us here (there are lots of trees left and plenty of nice people to help you build a cabin), mix with us, contribute to the economy, take part in our discussions, make your voice heard at our town meetings (but make sure you do this in good faith). Leave all the bullshit from elsewhere where you found it and don't drag it here.

Or get the fuck out.
    See here .

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

You claim to NOT be calling for my banning, yet that's exactly what you're doing.
    You changed my mind. Have someone read to you what you quoted from me above:

"I can see now why QED fell prey to his harrassment, and I regret having defended Leander even in the abstract. Had I known then what I know now, I would have supported the Captain's remarks."
    Lib, I'm sorry, but no one (and I mean no one) will say you're not nutso. Seriously. You're batshit insane, and there's nothing I or anyone else can do about that.

Over the years you've become a caricature of the dope. This latest wackjob -- leaving the dope in yet another shitstorm to come to the domebo -- doesn't fool anyone.

But if you want to trash me as a way to divert attention, feel free. I'm here for you, Liblab.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

See here .
    How fucking pathetic. Let's get that Room 101 cranked up.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

See here .
    I'd like to remind all our viewers of how Liberal said he'd be dead soon, so we should all please feel sorry for him and his wife.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yeah, you've reminded people of that four times already. Way to show how "sincere" you are.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Lib and his wife are not the people I'm feeling sorry for right now.
    This message brought to you by NinetyWt, the Queen of Lubricants™.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

What? They've already banned Stage Manager.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Well, there ya go. We have a precedent.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Shoot, they banned a guy on the first weekend. Someone who registered as Cecil Adams, IIRC.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

And those guys stirred up far less shit.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

See here .
    I'd like to remind all our viewers of how Liberal said he'd be dead soon, so we should all please feel sorry for him and his wife.
    Hasn't that shtick got old yet? You two are just egging each other on now.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Agreed. So can you please tell him to fuck off. I'm trying to apologise to QED and he's making it all about him.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Agreed. So can you please tell him to fuck off. I'm trying to apologise to QED and he's making it all about him.
    Or you could quit. Same result.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Harlequin
    Or you could quit. Same result.
    Is that what you want? For me to quit?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit
    You two are just egging each other on now.
    I haven't talked about his medications. Or his wife. Or anything else but him. And goddamn you for lumping me in with him. You could not have conceived a more terrible insult. The fact that he is feigning an apology to QED while not apologizing to me should be a clue even to you. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Why can't you just grow a pair, stop busybodying, and DO whatever it is you need to do to take care of this. If you think I'm a troll on his level, then ban us both. But don't do this coy "you two" bullshit. Thank you very much.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I haven't talked about his medications. Or his wife. Or anything else but him. And goddamn you for lumping me in with him. You could not have conceived a more terrible insult. The fact that he is feigning an apology to QED while not apologizing to me should be a clue even to you. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Why can't you just grow a pair, stop busybodying, and DO whatever it is you need to do to take care of this. If you think I'm a troll on his level, then ban us both. But don't do this coy "you two" bullshit. Thank you very much.
    Holy crap. You really are insane. I've made an unconditional apology to QED and you're spinning this to your advantage.

You're a sick, sick boy. I'm sorry you're so fuck up, but that's entirely you're own fault.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Is that what you want? For me to quit?
    To quit being abrasive. Not to quit posting.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I don't think either of you are trolls. We won't always agree onmany issues and this is one.

But as requested I will stop being a busybody and back out of here. It's your thread.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Did I wander into a grade school by mistake?

Sure sounds like it, with all the footstomping and screaming and "Teacher, Jimmy called me a bad name!" and "Well, I know what you are, but what am I?"

I say we start a new subforum called "The Schoolyard" reserved specifically for namecalling and fingerpointing, and let the kiddies play there.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Right. And then make it invisible to those of us who prefer to act like grownups.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Plus, he's such a funny little troll, it's hard not to toy with him.
    sounds like someone has a little crush!

also: this thread is brilliant and is exactly what the internet was invented for

Registered
    Mar 2009

Wait. Then what's all this porn doing on my hard drive?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Porn? You mean there's porn on the internet? Why wasn't I informed of this?

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Nothing like a good old fashioned dust-up, eh boys?

You done tuckered yourselves out yet?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by LurkMeister
    I just found out myself! I always wondered how that got there... (at least that's what I've been saying.)

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by LurkMeister
    The memo probably got swamped by Viagra spam.
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Feb 2009

What needs to be done to take care of this is for people to stop paying attention to posters who are being asses. If you keep the discussion going with a poster who's acting like an ass, and you have as much responsibility for keeping the drama alive as he does.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

hey everybody lets sing:

ooh, dreidl dreidl dreidl, I made you out of clay!
    dreidl dreidl dreidl, something something something . . .

it's been stuck in my head all morning.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

with dreidl I shall play.

Everybody!

Registered
    Mar 2009

This is embarassing twelve-year-old shenanigans you're pulling here. From what I can see here, you and leander deserve each other. This thread is chock full of hostile shit and only some of it is his.

'ban us both', 'ban us both', waaaahh.

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Jeff

This is embarassing twelve-year-old shenanigans you're pulling here. From what I can see here, you and leander deserve each other. This thread is chock full of hostile shit and only some of it is his.

'ban us both', 'ban us both', waaaahh.
    Liberal has some 587 posts of varied content, leander has 62 posts, almost all consisting of snide digs and old grudge reviving... how would you have took such a comparison
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Jeff
    I do like Rachel Maddow. And I did promise her that I would go to the dance with her. But I like you, too. You're so dreamy. Oh, gosh, I can't believe I've said I like TWO people. This is just the worst mess I've ever gotten myself into. The WORST!

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by ivan astikov
    Liberal has some 587 posts of varied content, leander has 62 posts, almost all consisting of snide digs and old grudge reviving... how would you have took such a comparison
    Yours are good, too. Especially in the Guggenheim and Write.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by ivan astikov
    It's not about how they act while they're apart, it's how they act while they're together.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I do like Rachel Maddow. And I did promise her that I would go to the dance with her. But I like you, too. You're so dreamy. Oh, gosh, I can't believe I've said I like TWO people. This is just the worst mess I've ever gotten myself into. The WORST!
    Well you're no longer telling moderators to go fuck themselves so I guess this is an improvement.

+ Reply to thread