+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Leander

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Leander

This thread is opened at the request of What Exit, and is a carry-over from this clusterfuck: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1084

I don't know Leander from a bag of rocks. And I haven't called him anything. What I'm saying is that IF he is a jerk, then ban his fucking ass. Don't be coy about it. Don't change someone else's status so someone else can do it. Just pull the plug and be done with it.

That's what the rule is for. If somebody is chasing someone else around the board just to goad him into an emotional outburst, then do the ban thing and let's move on.

אני אוהב יהודים!
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: Leander

Oh has leander renewed his love affair with chasing qed around or has he found another object of lust?

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I am Liberal.
    I am QED.

I am Spartacus too.

No, this post isn't a joke.
    Well, except that last line, but it was a clue as to why I wrote the first two lines.
    I reserve the right to be bothered by things that don't faze you,
    and to cheerfully ignore things that bug the shit out of you.
    I am not you.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I agree with the OP.

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Leander is a fucking dick, but I don't think his behavior in that thread is ban worthy. I know "don't be jerk" is listed as rule number one, but it is then followed by a list of specific rules, none of which he seemed to have broken. (Except for maybe the "don't insult outside of the Thunderdome" rule as he did toss in a couple of childish nicknames).

I would really like this board to err on the side of leniency where banning is concerned. Also, since Q.E.D. has announced he is taking a break, this particular bad behavior from Leander probably won't reoccur, at least for awhile.

That said, I hope the fucker does get bored and wander off now that the whole reason for his gracing us with his presence is gone.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Registered
    Feb 2009

DNFTT, guys. The worst punishment you could give leander is ignoring him and not responding to his shit-stirring attempts. He is loving all this attention.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by BooBoo
    DNFTT, guys. The worst punishment you could give leander is ignoring him and not responding to his shit-stirring attempts. He is loving all this attention.
    You do realize that DNFTT is like chocolate covered chocolate chip double fudge brownies to a troll, right? That each DNFTT is worth like 500 troll points? (Not that I think leander was trolling (this time (yes, I know (eat me), nested parenthesis)))

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene
    Leander is a fucking dick, but I don't think his behavior in that thread is ban worthy. I know "don't be jerk" is listed as rule number one, but it is then followed by a list of specific rules, none of which he seemed to have broken. (Except for maybe the "don't insult outside of the Thunderdome" rule as he did toss in a couple of childish nicknames).

I would really like this board to err on the side of leniency where banning is concerned. Also, since Q.E.D. has announced he is taking a break, this particular bad behavior from Leander probably won't reoccur, at least for awhile.

That said, I hope the fucker does get bored and wander off now that the whole reason for his gracing us with his presence is gone.
    I'm struggling to understand your position, Myrnalene. Especially since you've been classy enough to take the initiative to repair our relationship, I really do want to understand you.

It seems to me that the process is a linear one. The person in charge (mod, admin, what-have-you) should ask one simple question: is the member in question being a jerk? If the answer to that is no, then no action should be taken. But if the answer to that is yes, then another question should be asked. How much of a jerk has the member been on some kind of reasonable scale. Like this one.

(1) A harmless jerk who cannot help but be obnoxious when he posts. It's just a part of his nature. But he posts in the right forums, and otherwise behaves.

(2) An annoying jerk who puts his toe juuuuuust this side of the line. He is passive-aggressive, wanting to annoy people but wanting to avoid confrontation.

(3) A hostile jerk who is either a danger to the community (or someone in it) or demonstrates his contempt for the community by posting predominately hostile insults or threats or taunts. A stalker qualifies for this level.

For number (1): 1st offense, PM; 2nd offense, public warning; 3rd offense, public warning; 4th offense, suspension; 5th offense, permenant ban.

For number (2): 1st offense, public warning; 2nd offense, public warning; 3rd offense, suspension; 4th offense, permanent ban.

For number (3): 1st offense, public warning; 2nd offense, suspension; 3rd offense, permanent ban.

A type (1) offense should flush out of the system after one month. A type (2) offense should flush out of the system after six months. A type (3) offense should flush out of the system after one year.

There certainly are other ways to build a system (though mine would be a good one). But the point is that the matter should be handled systemically rather than personally. That makes it fair to everyone and minimizes the role of personal bias.

What should be avoided at all costs is a perpetual state of agonizing over "What ever should we do about this guy?" That just won't work, and in fact has the potential eventually to destroy the community .

Registered
    Feb 2009

I think people need to lay off of Q.E.D. and anyone else that people want to go after. We're all just posters here, trying to do something new and hopefully good. If all you have to contribute is negativity, take it somewhere else.

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Worthy Liberal, I am afraid I will not be able to do your rather longish post justice as I absolutely must go to bed. The past couple of days at this board have been exhausting. My brain starting shutting down about half an hour ago anyway.

I will say that if you are advocating a regimented, objective system then I agree with that. I read your OP as calling for Leander's banning and I don't think we are anywhere near there with him (yet?).
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Rest, my dear. Sweet dreams.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

So basically you're calling for my banning? OK. I don't recall any previous run-ins with you but I've been around long enough to know that you are batshit crazy. Probably certifiable. I've seen your various flameouts over the years and all the "I'll be dead soon so I win the thread" nonsense. So I suppose I should take this thread with a grain of salt.

If TPTB want to ban me they will. Bear in mind, I had nothing to do with QED's removal of mod powers, even though some rather dim folks seem to think so. (I certainly agreed with it and made fun of him about it after the fact, but that's a different story.) Overall I think it's a really bad idea to start calling for bannings of anyone, but if that's going to be your crazy of the week then so be it.

Also I think we're seeing this board take a fast track to becoming exactly like the SDMB, which I thought was what TPTB were trying to avoid.

(Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, I didn't give two shits that QED changed my title. It was sort of funny, though I would have hoped he could have come up with something a bit more creative.)
    I didn't make the world this way, it was like this when I got here

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I thought your taunting Q.E.D. was juvenile and petty.

I do not think you deserve to be banned for it or are even close to it. We are trying to be slow to ban.

Now could you explain this part of your quote.
    Quote Originally posted by leander
    Also I think we're seeing this board take a fast track to becoming exactly like the SDMB, which I thought was what TPTB were trying to avoid.
    A legit complaint and query was made about Q.E.D. moderating in a T'Dome thread and CRSP chose to remove himself and Q.E.D. from mod duties entirely. Q.E.D. made an arbitrary, indeed Lynn-like change to your title and changed it back after a few protest posts and maybe some PMs.

We are trying to have the community involved in the decisions. We did not circle the wagons around Q.E.D.. We are trying to keep mod decisions in the open. We are trying to go light on warnings and bannings. So as we are reacting quickly to member complaint, how is the Board on the fast track to becoming exactly like the SDMB?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Liberal
    What should be avoided at all costs is a perpetual state of agonizing over "What ever should we do about this guy?" That just won't work, and in fact has the potential eventually to destroy the community .
    I think you are waaaay overstating things right here. Give the present rules a chance to work before we start coming up with new ones.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit?
    I thought your taunting Q.E.D. was juvenile and petty.

I do not think you deserve to be banned for it or are even close to it. We are trying to be slow to ban.

Now could you explain this part of your quote.
    A legit complaint and query was made about Q.E.D. moderating in a T'Dome thread and CRSP chose to remove himself and Q.E.D. from mod duties entirely. Q.E.D. made an arbitrary, indeed Lynn-like change to your title and changed it back after a few protest posts and maybe some PMs.

We are trying to have the community involved in the decisions. We did not circle the wagons around Q.E.D.. We are trying to keep mod decisions in the open. We are trying to go light on warnings and bannings. So as we are reacting quickly to member complaint, how is the Board on the fast track to becoming exactly like the SDMB?
    I think you make some good points here. However, I think one of the main reasons the dope has/had so many problems is the way mods/admins interacted with posters. The rude, school-marmish manner in which they doled out mod notes and warnings was ridiculous. And the "it's our place, take it or leave it" was why many left it. I think QED and MsRobyn have both been guilty of those things. I think CSRP has in general not, though his comment about "letting QED ban me" was out of order and in the same vein.

But I applaud your other differences which you've mentioned above.

I'll amend my statement to "Also I think we are in danger of seeing this board become too much like the SDMB, which I thought was what TPTB were trying to avoid."

Registered
    Feb 2009

I think you make some good points here. However, I think one of the main reasons the dope has/had so many problems is the way mods/admins interacted with posters. The rude, school-marmish manner in which they doled out mod notes and warnings was ridiculous. And the "it's our place, take it or leave it" was why many left it. I think QED and MsRobyn have both been guilty of those things. I think CSRP has in general not, though his comment about "letting QED ban me" was out of order and in the same vein.

But I applaud your other differences which you've mentioned above.

I'll amend my statement to "Also I think we are in danger of seeing this board become too much like the SDMB, which I thought was what TPTB were trying to avoid."
    I can live with that and I think we are collectively, Mods, Admins and Members trying to avoid these traps. Julie's thread was all about that and the thread that started it about MsRobyn was similar and showed a strong willingness to change and compromise so I think we are still headed the right direction. So far from the discussions in the Hive and elsewhere I think we are all on board with avoiding "The rude, school-marmish manners". As to warnings, we have issued only one so far. Not too bad in 25,000+ posts. The warning was pretty well deserved too. Even the member admits he was pushing our boundaries.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Fair enough.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I know nothing about Leander but QED was a jerk in this case. What he did was just being a dick and I am not surprised because QED has a LONG history of being a jerk and alienating people. I have no doubt he will manage to do the same here and I am not surprised it took so short time to start.

He has made clear his dislike for me. OTOH, since this is "his" board, he will have the satisfaction of seeing me post little, if at all.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

He did a jerkish thing. He was also provoked. He and leander were both wrong.

For once I wish people would put their sharp sticks down and quit poking each other in the eye so godawful much.

And another thing. It's not "his" board any more than it's mine or yours, sailor.
    This message brought to you by NinetyWt, the Queen of Lubricants™.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

leander, does this mean you'll stop with the Q.E.D. stalking?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by sailor
    He has made clear his dislike for me. OTOH, since this is "his" board, he will have the satisfaction of seeing me post little, if at all.
    It is your call, but it is not his board. It is our board. You are most welcome to be part of the our.

God that sounds sappy and goofy, but it is true. We won't all get along, nor do we expect to. If you want to post here, don't worry about Q.E.D. or me or anyone else. Post and enjoy.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Pixiesnix
    leander, does this mean you'll stop with the Q.E.D. stalking?
    It's a wonder why I even bother with such stupid posts.

I never "stalked" QED. One night, after a particularly good evening of drinks, I posted several times some stupid "Did you google that answer" in GQ. I got warned, QED then opened a pit thread. In that thread he and I had it out. I also admitted I did something stupid and apologised. Since then I've had little to no interaction with him until just recently.

Now read what I wrote above very slowly and go piss yourself in the corner.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

So that would be a "no", then. Thank you for your prompt response. I look forward to making fun of your Q.E.D. man-crush in the future.

Now kindly go FOAD.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

So that would be a "no", then. Thank you for your prompt response. I look forward to making fun of your Q.E.D. man-crush in the future.

Now kindly go FOAD.
    Wow. You really are one of the stupidest posters I have ever run across. I give you my response and this is the best you can come up with?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Well, if you want something a bit grander...

:music starts: C'mon, leander, don't be coy. Let your true feelings about Q.E.D. out! Admit your passion!

(to the tune of "I Will Follow Him" by Little Peggy March)

You will follow him, follow him wherever he may go,
    No matter how sad it may be,
    For nothing can keep you away, he is your Q.E.D.
    You will follow him, ever since he smacked you down you knew,
    There isn't a page count too deep,
    A hijack so lame it can keep,
    Keep you away, away from your love!

You love him, you love him, you love him,
    And where he goes, you'll stalk him, you'll stalk him, you'll stalk him

You will follow him, follow him wherever he may go,
    There isn't an insult too weak,
    No reason for you not to seek
    his glances your way...

You will follow him (follow him),
    Although it creeps us all right out
    You may get a warning so stern,
    But still your soul always will burn
    Burn for his love!

You love him (Oh yes, you love him)
    You'll stalk him (You're gonna stalk him)
    True love (He'll always be your true, true love)
    Forever (At least until suspension)
    You love him, You love him, You love him,
    And where he goes, you'll follow, you'll follow, you'll follow,
    He'll always be your true love, your true love, your true love,
    From now until they ban you, they ban you, they ban you...

Though this message board is quite new,
    your obsession just isn't through
    You can't keep away! Away from your love!

Good night, everyone! DeMeBo audiences are the greatest audiences in the world!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Wow. That's just so incredibly lame I don't know what to say. Congratulations. You win the Internets!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Douchebag-to-English translation: I can't think of anything clever to say, so I'll just keep calling you names and hope that nobody notices!

Now stop all this nonsense. You know your heart belongs to Q.E.D.. There's no need to look for other potential stalking victims. If it's that important to you, you just carry on your [del:d5jn97jk]psychotic obsession[/del:d5jn97jk] grand passion. You keep stalking him, and we'll keep pointing and laughing at you. It's win/win!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Well, if you want something a bit grander...

:music starts: C'mon, leander, don't be coy. Let your true feelings about Q.E.D. out! Admit your passion!

(to the tune of "I Will Follow Him" by Little Peggy March)

You will follow him, follow him wherever he may go,...<snip>
    Douchebag-to-English translation: I can't think of anything clever to say, so I'll just keep calling you names and hope that nobody notices!

Now stop all this nonsense. You know your heart belongs to Q.E.D.. There's no need to look for other potential stalking victims. If it's that important to you, you just carry on your [del:22ofq1cn]psychotic obsession[/del:22ofq1cn] grand passion. You keep stalking him, and we'll keep pointing and laughing at you. It's win/win!
    I gotta agree with leander. Your "if you criticize Q.E.D. you must be obsessed with him" schtick is really making you look like an idiot.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

It's not the criticizing him, it's following him in threads and gloating about supposedly being fired. It's pissant junior high stuff. leander has a history of it, as others have pointed out, and it's gone from mildly annoying to all-out ridiculous.

Plus, he's such a funny little troll, it's hard not to toy with him.

Registered
    Mar 2009

So basically you're calling for my banning? OK. I don't recall any previous run-ins with you but I've been around long enough to know that you are batshit crazy. Probably certifiable. I've seen your various flameouts over the years and all the "I'll be dead soon so I win the thread" nonsense. So I suppose I should take this thread with a grain of salt.

If TPTB want to ban me they will. Bear in mind, I had nothing to do with QED's removal of mod powers, even though some rather dim folks seem to think so. (I certainly agreed with it and made fun of him about it after the fact, but that's a different story.) Overall I think it's a really bad idea to start calling for bannings of anyone, but if that's going to be your crazy of the week then so be it.

(Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, I didn't give two shits that QED changed my title. It was sort of funny, though I would have hoped he could have come up with something a bit more creative.)
    I'm a tad concerned that Liberal hasn't responded to this yet. I hope he didn't actually kick the bucket this time.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

See, this is why you're coming across as incredibly stupid. In the post you cite I didn't actually call you any names. I simply pointed out that your little song was really lame.

I've also refuted your "stalking" claim, and yet instead of arguing the points you make up a very stupid song. I'm starting to think you're actually mentally retarded, in which case I apologise for making fun of you. Now run off back to the Special Olympics, sweetie.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Ivan

I'm a tad concerned that Liberal hasn't responded to this yet. I hope he didn't actually kick the bucket this time.
    Oh good, the snark board trolls are gathering. Have someone look at the OP for the two-letter word in large bold font and bright red color, and have them explain its meaning to you. I haven't called for the banning of anyone.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Jeff
    Give the present rules a chance to work before we start coming up with new ones.
    That's exactly what I said. What do you do, disagree first and then read a day or two later?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Oh good, the snark board trolls are gathering. Have someone look at the OP for the two-letter word in large bold font and bright red color, and have them explain its meaning to you. I haven't called for the banning of anyone.
    Then what's the point of this thread? IF Liberal is off his meds and IF Liberal is going into meltdown mode, then should we ban him or call the authorities?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

It's not the criticizing him, it's following him in threads and gloating about supposedly being fired. It's pissant junior high stuff. leander has a history of it, as others have pointed out, and it's gone from mildly annoying to all-out ridiculous.

Plus, he's such a funny little troll, it's hard not to toy with him.

Sorry, I just did a quick search and it appears you are a troubled teen.

Short, overweight, and struggling with depression and anxiety. Also disorganized, daydreamy, dysfunctional and dramatic.
    I sincerely do not want to make fun of troubled kids. I retract my previous comments. If you want to continue to crap on me, feel free. I won't be responding to any kids.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Then what's the point of this thread? IF Liberal is off his meds and IF Liberal is going into meltdown mode, then should we ban him or call the authorities?
    The OP states the point of the thread. Have someone read it to you.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

The OP states the point of the thread. Have someone read it to you.
    So you are off your meds then?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yeah, I'm on YOUR meds.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Yeah, I'm on YOUR meds.
    Sorry, Liberalalalatarian, I don't speak crazy here.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

It seems to me, after these brief encounters with you, that you speak crazy everywhere.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

It seems to me, after these brief encounters with you, that you speak crazy everywhere.
    Yes, because I'm the one who throws a wacky fit every six months and talks about how I'm going to be dead soon.

C'mon Lib, who are you trying to fool? You've cornered the market on crazy. You are to crazy that Scrooge is to money. Nobody knows crazy like you, and that includes all the nutjobs on the dope. You've gone off the deep end so many times that very few people take you seriously anymore.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Actually, leander, I want to thank you. I want to thank you for showing everyone how low you can sink, how truly hateful and miserable you are. I don't have any anger for you, because you're so pathetic. And it's all becoming so clear now. The stalking of Q.E.D., the vitriol hurled at everything and everybody. You're nothing. Nobody. Insignificant. That's why you do what you do. The trolling, the attention whoring. It explains everything.

Lib, don't waste your time with this thing. He's a disgusting piece of shit and he likes it that way. Let him wallow in his own filth.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Actually, leander, I want to thank you. I want to thank you for showing everyone how low you can sink, how truly hateful and miserable you are. I don't have any anger for you, because you're so pathetic. And it's all becoming so clear now. The stalking of Q.E.D., the vitriol hurled at everything and everybody. You're nothing. Nobody. Insignificant. That's why you do what you do. The trolling, the attention whoring. It explains everything.

Lib, don't waste your time with this thing. He's a disgusting piece of shit and he likes it that way. Let him wallow in his own filth.
    Yikes. As I said earlier, I really don't want to engage with a troubled teen. I said I wouldn't respond, but I do want to say that I hope you get whatever help you need. Lashing out at me really won't help things.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yes, because I'm the one who throws a wacky fit every six months and talks about how I'm going to be dead soon.

C'mon Lib, who are you trying to fool? You've cornered the market on crazy. You are to crazy that Scrooge is to money. Nobody knows crazy like you, and that includes all the nutjobs on the dope. You've gone off the deep end so many times that very few people take you seriously anymore.
    I have lots and lots of money. Beg me for some of it.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I think it would be fun to put him in a forum dedicated to trolls. We could call it The Dungeon. He could post nowhere but there. We could drop by and leave turds in his threads on our way to other forums. It would be like watching the monkey at a zoo. Alternatively, we could completely ignore him as he posts his witless, lame attempts at snark. This is an actual possibility being discussed by people elsewhere. If the powers that be lack the balls to warn or ban him, we members could take care of him once he has been locked away from the decent folk.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I have lots and lots of money. Beg me for some of it.
    I have more than you. Seriously. I own my own company and bring in plenty of dough. Plus I'm in my mid 30s, which means I have more money than you and I'll live way longer.

Any more crazy?

Registered
    Feb 2009

I think CSRP has in general not, though his comment about "letting QED ban me" was out of order and in the same vein.
    Yeah, I shouldn't have said that. I apologize.
    Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur
    D'une langueur Monotone

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I think it would be fun to put him in a forum dedicated to trolls. We could call it The Dungeon. He could post nowhere but there. We could drop by and leave turds in his threads on our way to other forums. It would be like watching the monkey at a zoo. Alternatively, we could completely ignore him as he posts his witless, lame attempts at snark. This is an actual possibility being discussed by people elsewhere. If the powers that be lack the balls to warn or ban him, we members could take care of him once he has been locked away from the decent folk.
    That sounds like a brilliant idea, and it would be a good way to let off steam before going off to the important threads. At the very least he could serve as a cautionary tale to others.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I think it would be fun to put him in a forum dedicated to trolls. We could call it The Dungeon. He could post nowhere but there. We could drop by and leave turds in his threads on our way to other forums. It would be like watching the monkey at a zoo. This is an actual possibility being discussed by people elsewhere. If the powers that be lack the balls to warn or ban him, we members could take care of him once he has been locked away from the decent folk.
    Is this what you do when the crazy comes out? You lose the argument, so you make up crazy nonsense.

Okay, I'll play. Since you're crazy, can we make a forum called "The Asylum"? It's where we'll put all the fucked up losers who pretend they have terminal diseases to get pity. We can even make a little section called "Lib's corner" where we get to see the craziest monkey dancing around in his own feces, just like you do every month or so.

How does that sound, nutcase?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I have more [money] than you. Seriously. I own my own company and bring in plenty of dough. Plus I'm in my mid 30s, which means I have more money than you and I'll live way longer.
    Are you in our area? We will need our lawn done soon. Mind you, I'm very particular and will sue you if you mow over our flowers.

Any more crazy?
    Yes. Give your life to Jesus.

+ Reply to thread