+ Reply to thread

Thread: "She's a Little Scared of Stick, But I Think She'll Be OK!" - Amazing Race 3/15

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default "She's a Little Scared of Stick, But I Think She'll Be OK!" - Amazing Race 3/15

Phil in his underwear. Brides. Snowplows. It's the Amazing Race!

I really like most of the teams and can tolerate (Victor, Tammy and Mark, Michael) the ones that I don't really like. What a strange, fun season.

This leg felt a little short, without a lot of opportunity for mayhem.

More laughing locals! Only without the alcohol of past legs.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: "She's a Little Scared of Stick, But I Think She'll Be OK!" - Amazing Race 3/15

Still another hour to wait on the left coast.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth - Marcus Aurelius

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: "She's a Little Scared of Stick, But I Think She'll Be OK!" - Amazing Race 3/15

Woooo! Phil in his undies! ::drool:::
    Open the airlocks and jettison the penguins!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Hockey Monkey
    Woooo! Phil in his undies! ::drool:::
    I knew there would be some interest in that plot point!

Registered
    Feb 2009

I wondered aloud about what would happen if someone was going commando, and then lo and behold that question was answered!

We were also predicting that it was going to be a non-elimination leg because you cannot really have Phil tell someone that they are out when they are standing there in their undies. That's just not cricket.

I was also surprised by the lack of real challenge on any of the tasks. Driving the snowplow looked like it would be easy, and apparently it was since nobody struggled with it. Finding the bride looked like it was pretty easy as well, and the only challenge ended up being finding the church.

Then the running half naked, which had some appeal, but apparently little challenge. All in all, a good time to have a non-elimination leg, since there was really nothing teams could do to make up or lose ground apart from negotiating transportation efficiently.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I was rather disappointed that it was non-elimination because I wanted to see the airhead flight attendants go. Apparently now their mantra has changed from 'We will be good because we know all about airlines' to 'We are the underdogs who don't have much of a chance.'

It's really too bad that they're going to be around for the next episode, but I'm hopeful that the speed bump slows them down enough that they are toast.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Phil in his underwear?? Man, I picked the wrong week to be cowering in bed with a migraine.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Hentor the Barbarian
    I was also surprised by the lack of real challenge on any of the tasks. Driving the snowplow looked like it would be easy, and apparently it was since nobody struggled with it. Finding the bride looked like it was pretty easy as well, and the only challenge ended up being finding the church.

Then the running half naked, which had some appeal, but apparently little challenge. All in all, a good time to have a non-elimination leg, since there was really nothing teams could do to make up or lose ground apart from negotiating transportation efficiently.
    Agreed. There were a couple of funny moments, as when the FAs read the clue about who has "absolutely no shame" and knew which one of them it would be.

Does anyone get the sense from Mark and Michael that they might be rather obnoxiously overcompensating for their height? Those two really seem to think a lot of themselves.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Jodi cracked me up reading the Roadblock. Shameless? That's Christie! Then she tells the medic tending her mangled finger to just wrap it up! Cut to her looking amazed at the bratwurst-sized bandage on her pinky.

Loved that Phil had to 'yoo-hoo' the stuntmen as they walked right past him on the mat.

Victor continues to bug but he wasn't as annoying as Luke and his mom this episode. Don't be whining that Victor and Tammy ditched you when you've used a U-Turn on another team!

Julie: I think it comes from a lifetime of people presuming they are unable to do many things because of their height, and a lifetime of witless twits making cracks about their height to their face and within their range of hearing. At least this is what I've seen throughout my 4'11" brother's life.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth - Marcus Aurelius

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by criminey.jicket
    Loved that Phil had to 'yoo-hoo' the stuntmen as they walked right past him on the mat.
    I was kind of curious about that part myself. Finding Phil is always part of the challenge, right? I suppose it doesn't really matter, since the next team wasn't particularly close (IIRC), but those two presumably could have ended up wandering around for quite some time without the special assistance.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

[quote=Hentor the Barbarian]
    Quote Originally posted by "criminey.jicket":2ri01v9i
    I was kind of curious about that part myself. Finding Phil is always part of the challenge, right? I suppose it doesn't really matter, since the next team wasn't particularly close (IIRC), but those two presumably could have ended up wandering around for quite some time without the special assistance.[/quote:2ri01v9i] I thought that exact same thing. It's like when people wander around the clue box and can't find it...they haven't found it until they've found it, right?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by criminey.jicket
    Julie: I think it comes from a lifetime of people presuming they are unable to do many things because of their height, and a lifetime of witless twits making cracks about their height to their face and within their range of hearing. At least this is what I've seen throughout my 4'11" brother's life.
    You have a point. And I have an obvious double-standard since it doesn't much bug me when Charla or Luke or girl-with-prosthetic-leg-who-raced-with-obnoxious-boyfriend-but-whose-name-I-can't-remember comment on their own successes. Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious to me.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Note to self: If ever a contestant on The Amazing Race, remember to shave legs at every pit stop, even if weather requires 3 layers of clothing.

+ Reply to thread