+ Reply to thread

Thread: A commercial I actually like: Liberty Mutual

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default A commercial I actually like: Liberty Mutual

They're on their second set of these, I think. Someone sees someone else do something decent for somebody, and then later they do a similar solid for someone they don't know. It makes for a sort of chain reaction. There's a lot I like about it. I like that it celebrates the basic decency of most people. I like that the things the people do really are ordinary, run of the mill, acts of kindness — like letting someone through, or picking up a dropped letter, or just brightening someone's day with a genuine smile.

I imagine it's too goody for some peoples' taste, but I think it strikes just the right balance of regular looking people doing regular things that are just plain good.

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: A commercial I actually like: Liberty Mutual

I actually don't care about this commercial one way or the other, but I wanted to take the opportunity to post a link to the gorgeous song that makes the soundtrack for it.

everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

+ Reply to thread