+ Reply to thread

Thread: Champions League

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Champions League

Arsenal's just gone through against Roma after a penalty shoot-out that went to sudden death. That puts Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal in the last eight, pretty good showing from the English teams. Who's the favourites to win, now? Man Utd?
    Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur
    D'une langueur Monotone

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: Champions League

Man Utd must be the favourites to win, but Liverpool can't be far behind after their demolition of Real Madrid. All the other teams will surely be hoping they draw Arsenal - they were awful tonight and very lucky to get through.
    I didn't make the world this way, it was like this when I got here

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

If you are going to back Liverpool, wait until Utd beat them on Saturday. Their odds are bound to drop a couple of points after that.

If Utd do win on Sat. I think the momentum could well carry them on another record breaking run, and I think Fergie deserves to retire on a high.

A "quad" with the Premier and FA Cup would surely make him happy, but the Champion's League would be the icing on the cake. .
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Feb 2009

It's not so much who is going to win, but who is going to be able to stop Man Utd, who just don't look like losing at the moment.

In any competition.

If SAF gets all five, he should really consider retiring there and then, although he will probably want one more Premier League Title afterwards, which gives Man Utd more leagure titles than anyone else.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Porto, Villareal and Arsenal: no chance in hell of lifting the cup.

Bayern Munich, Chelsea: unlikely.

It will be Man U, Liverpool, or Barcelona. I hope the QF draw keeps these three apart.

Registered
    Mar 2009

United very much looked like losing last night. Giggs (other than a couple good runs in the second half) was poor, Scholes was simply atrocious. Berbatov was completely anonymous, as he was in Milan. Not a convincing performance at all. They deserved to win the tie overall, but not that match.

Barcelona & United are favorites with Chelsea/Liverpool to follow. Bayern could certainly surprise someone. Arsenal can beat anyone in the final, but two legs is a problem for them.

Hope we don't get Barcelona v United until the final!

Registered
    Feb 2009

If Man Utd playing badly still beat Inter Milan 2-0, I can't wait to see what happens when they play well.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Inter are rubbish in Europe...

Ferguson agrees with me, for what it's worth.

+ Reply to thread