+ Reply to thread

Thread: Diablo (D&D?) rules?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Diablo (D&D?) rules?

I just started playing Diablo again, but I don't understand the rules. I have a longbow with damage 3-6 +32% damage. My base damage (with no weapon active) is 3-3. With the bow equipped, it displays the damage as 6-9. Where does the +32% come in? How much damage do I actually do? Would a bow with damage 4-7 be better?
    BB Rodriguez, formerly known as masterofnone

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Diablo (D&D?) rules?

The 3-6 is with 36% included. If it were not +36%, it would be like 2-5 or something.

Ignoring weapon speed (and anything else), a bow with 3+ to 6+ would be better.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Also:

Single player? Battlenet? USEast?

There are a few of us here (some more active than others) who play. Details and maybe we can help you out.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Diablo or Diablo 2? I recently got back into D2 (USWest), but have been neglecting my characters for a couple of weeks now...

Joe

Registered
    Mar 2009

Thanks! Diablo single player. I'm on dial-up, so on-line gaming is out of the question for me. One more question: Which is better: armor that increases my armor class to 29, or armor that only increases it to 24, but with +18hp?
    BB Rodriguez, formerly known as masterofnone

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by BB Rodriguez
    Thanks! Diablo single player. I'm on dial-up, so on-line gaming is out of the question for me. One more question: Which is better: armor that increases my armor class to 29, or armor that only increases it to 24, but with +18hp?
    Depends on your character, but I think, in general, the +18 life is better. Bear in mind, I never played D1, only D2.

And as for online, when I first got D2, about 7 years ago, I had 56K, and it wasn't bad playing online.

Joe

Registered
    Mar 2009

Fucking D2 motherfuckers.

Sorry! Sorry. Reflex from the days where my boys (Nen and Maeglin) would disappear for days on end. Then they bought me D2 for my birthday (I think it was a gift more designed for them, to shut me up) and the rest, as they say, is history.

I haven't played in yeeeeeears and was never a numbers person, but glad you got your question answered.

Moo moo. Moo. Moo.
    Not all who wander are lost. -JRRT

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by rasa
    Moo moo. Moo. Moo.
    MOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by rasa
    Fucking D2 motherfuckers.

Sorry! Sorry. Reflex from the days where my boys (Nen and Maeglin) would disappear for days on end. Then they bought me D2 for my birthday (I think it was a gift more designed for them, to shut me up) and the rest, as they say, is history.
    When I married my wife, I knew she was a board gamer - Scrabble, Texas 42 dominoes, that type of thing.

But D2, man that hooked her HARD. Literal all-night sessions. Actually, the same happened with WoW and Civ 3, though we didn't get Civ 3 until a few years ago, just as Civ 4 was being released...

I have a history with all 3 games. I play one, get bored, move to the next, get bored, move to the next... it's a so far unending cycle between these 3 titles. Just got bored with D2 for the fourth time, and Domebo is the substitute. Not sure where the wheel will land this time. I think Civ 3.

Joe

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Wheresgeorge04
    I have a history with all 3 games. I play one, get bored, move to the next, get bored, move to the next... it's a so far unending cycle between these 3 titles. Just got bored with D2 for the fourth time, and Domebo is the substitute. Not sure where the wheel will land this time. I think Civ 3.
    Civ3 (Complete) and D2 here, though with D2, there aren't any more SC hills to climb, so we went HC.

Never again. PKing is ridiculous.

What civilization in civ3, and what's the highest difficult you've beaten? I'm attempting demi-god, and the leap between it and emperor is nuts.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by iampunha

What civilization in civ3, and what's the highest difficult you've beaten? I'm attempting demi-god, and the leap between it and emperor is nuts.
    I've beaten Monarch with several - China, Iroquois, France, Mayaprobably others. I've only beaten Emperor with Iroquois. Iroquois and Maya are my faves. Iroquois is almost cheating, IMO, especially if you have horses in your starting area...

Joe

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Wheresgeorge04
    I've beaten Monarch with several - China, Iroquois, France, Mayaprobably others. I've only beaten Emperor with Iroquois. Iroquois and Maya are my faves. Iroquois is almost cheating, IMO, especially if you have horses in your starting area...
    We're now several posts deep into "Games and Sport" territory, but whatever

I play Iroquois exclusively. Getting to size 2 in five turns instead of seven or 10 is essential at higher levels. So I'll typically take a half-hour or more to generate a reasonable map (on a river, at least one cow, at least on lux if possible, no marsh/jungle/desert). I figure hey, if I'm going to be playing this map for two weeks, it might as well be worth the two weeks.

The thing about the Iroquois for me is I don't use the mounted warriors. At that point in the game, I am still REXxing (Rapid Early eXpansion) hard. I save my GA for the Internet (it means no Smith's, alas), at which point I can crank out two-turn tanks in 10 or so cities.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Off to GS.
    Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur
    D'une langueur Monotone

Registered
    Mar 2009

Haha, when I saw this had been moved, I panicked, thinking that my off the cuff joke had gotten it moved to the Thunderdome or something. Oops. Anyway.

D2 was the gateway drug for me too more or less. I haven't been back in yearrrrrs though.
    Not all who wander are lost. -JRRT

+ Reply to thread