+ Reply to thread

Thread: Legend Of The Seeker

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Legend Of The Seeker

I'm watching the show now. This is the third episode I've seen and I'm enjoying it.

I think the casting is great. Zed is my favorite character from the books, and I like Bruce Spencer in the role.

Richard looks just right to me, as does Kahlan.

I hope this isn't cancelled.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Legend Of The Seeker

Is it good? I saw that they made a TV series out of the books, but I'm always a bit wary of shows and movies made from books, as they have a tendency to disappoint and disagree with the wonderful imagined world in my head.

Would you recommend the TV series for fans of the books?

Registered
    Mar 2009

A few weeks ago I caught a couple of episodes. It looked pretty decent, and it certainly didn't hurt that the actor playing Richard is a hottie. But I've heard pretty much nothing but bad things about the books elsewhere (namely, TV Tropes). I haven't been motivated to get into the series because of that (and because I don't watch that much TV). Is the series really as bad as people say?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Personally, I loved the books. It was an amazing journey following Richard. I think it helps that I connected with Richard's personality, but at the same time, the world Goodkind created was so thoroughly inviting that I couldn't stay away. After I read the first book, I was hooked and went out and bought all of them.

One of the things that might put people off is the fact that there are many different instances where Richard has to save the world, and only he can do it. It's a little stereotypical that way, but I think it was well done. For example, once Richard saves the world once, it turns out that it wasn't the end, but just the beginning of a longer journey to really save the world.

Another aspect I enjoy is the continued theme of the Wizard's rules, as well as the philosophy and ethics woven in to the stories. We follow Richard through his travels, but also through his personal growth into realizing and fully comprehending what it means to believe how he does, to really fight for life, and the boons and consequences of that.

I hope this gives you a good idea of the books without spoiling it too much!

Registered
    Feb 2009

I recommend the series. I think they should do well even with folks not familiar with the book series.

I recommend some of the books. There were a couple where Richard just preached and I was very annoyed (Faith of The Fallen was one - yuck).

The most recent I read, Chainfire was pretty good and I'll probably read more since I found this to be a great improvement overthe ones I disliked and expect Mr. Goodkind to continue the trend.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Mar 2009

I caught some of the episodes of the show and thought it was well done and engaging.

Never read the books; didn't even know they existed.
    "Dude, your statistical average, which was already in the toilet, just took a plunge into the Earth's mantle." ~ iampunha

+ Reply to thread