+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Verboten: Alphatown Mafia Unspoiled Discussion

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Verboten: Alphatown Mafia Unspoiled Discussion

Wow, no criticisms of my play there?

I really want to know though who the wolves are.
    If Fisheroo, KidV, and Chucara are the wolves I will be fucking amazed. Chucara has been practically lurking the entire game, wether unintentional or not, it's damn good. Kid V- I just don't know cuz of the fact that he was the "2nd choice" instead of HD created by IS is what makes me wonder....

Fisheroo of the 3 is the most townie to me, but also of teh 3 most likely TO be scum if that makes sense. If she IS scum then she did it so brilliantly because I NEVER saw it coming until toDay where I felt uneasy. So kudos to her. But I STILL believe in my heart she's townie.
    "Dude, your statistical average, which was already in the toilet, just took a plunge into the Earth's mantle." ~ iampunha

Registered
    Feb 2009

No Roosh, just stunned amazement. :shock:
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit
    So, the first 5 dead are all vanilla, that has to be some kind of record, surely.

I know. I don't think that's ever happened before.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by RoOsh
    Wow, no criticisms of my play there?

I really want to know though who the wolves are.
    If Fisheroo, KidV, and Chucara are the wolves I will be fucking amazed. Chucara has been practically lurking the entire game, wether unintentional or not, it's damn good. Kid V- I just don't know cuz of the fact that he was the "2nd choice" instead of HD created by IS is what makes me wonder....

Fisheroo of the 3 is the most townie to me, but also of teh 3 most likely TO be scum if that makes sense. If she IS scum then she did it so brilliantly because I NEVER saw it coming until toDay where I felt uneasy. So kudos to her. But I STILL believe in my heart she's townie.
    I wasn't bad. You almost had them in a position where they would lynch not you though, and you blew it...so there is that.

On the other hand, I don't think your lynch is the worst thing in the world. The GA should claim in the morning, I hope that they know to do that. Then scum have one chance to win this and I hope they don't see it.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Should the GA claim? That's what I kept going back and forth in my head over. If that happens... it means only 2 people will get investigated and then the town is all on their own.

The GA basically NEEDS to outguess the Wolves at this point for any hope.
    "Dude, your statistical average, which was already in the toilet, just took a plunge into the Earth's mantle." ~ iampunha

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Spoiler (mouseover to read):
    Once I saw story wasn't changing his mind on his vote, I figured it was over for me. I was SO SO hoping yesterday that Story would see my actions in a pro-town light, but when he posted this morning, I knew i was doomed. I could have tried to vote switch, but then we'd have this SAME issue each day I was alive. I knew I was gonna be a topic every day I was alive, and it'd be a distraction, but If i couldn't earn the trust of Story, then it didn't even matter, cuz as I laid out in my final post- I figured I being thrown to the wolves.
    There were quite a few times where I wondered- Are there really Masons in this game, because of the way Story had it out for me.... Heh.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Should the GA claim? That's what I kept going back and forth in my head over. If that happens... it means only 2 people will get investigated and then the town is all on their own.

The GA basically NEEDS to outguess the Wolves at this point for any hope.
    I think yes, if they claim tomorrow town has a better than 50-50 shot at winning. If the GA doesn't they are down to 50-50.

(Not real percentages, just gross generalizations to show that town is in an ok position either way, but a much better position with the claim. Without the claim it is very possible for them to lose, without it it's possible, but they would have to work at it more.)

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

anyone who is watching and interested, the game on the offboard site

idlemafia.com

needs a sub, and fairly fast. It's a strange game and probably tough to sub into, but if you are interested hop on over.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I never followed the mafia games on the old board, but this has been absolutely fascinating. I'd definitely like to get in on the next round. Time zones may be a problem, though. 8PM GMT is 5AM for me.

Personally, I've suspected HD since Day 1, when he launched a point-by-point indictment of jali that was clearly based on nothing but hot air and hand-waving.
    No cage, thank you. I'm a human being.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

We have several regular players who are in Australia and they seem to be ok with the time shift. Give it a shot, it's more fun to play than it is to watch.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Man this game is really interesting, I've been following a handful of them on the sdmb or the off board, and this one must be setting a new record! (Though, I seem to remember it was quite heavy on the townies kills in the one featuring a mental hospital, no? I only remember for sure that scum won.)

I know it's not the case (and it would piss off people big time) but it would be funny if in fact everyone was town and it's CatInASuit who were offing folks each night.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Malaky
    Man this game is really interesting, I've been following a handful of them on the sdmb or the off board, and this one must be setting a new record! (Though, I seem to remember it was quite heavy on the townies kills in the one featuring a mental hospital, no? I only remember for sure that scum won.)

I know it's not the case (and it would piss off people big time) but it would be funny if in fact everyone was town and it's CatInASuit who were offing folks each night.
    Actually in that game (asylum Lane) I think it was Scum that LOST.... But someone else feel free to correct me if I was wrong (as that was my first game ever). Unless you're talking about Arkham Asylum- that one also had the townies winning despite my best efforts to stack the deck vs. them....

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Oh man that shows how memory is! haha

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Malaky
    I remember reading a game on mafiascum.net where the players, in addition to having to lynching all the scum, were required to lynch the moderator as well. The game ended up coming down to three verified townies who were in conniptions until they figured it out.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yeah, the bastard mod game on mafiascum. That was a good one.

And yeah, we lost Asylum Lane, town won. We almost won, but we didn't quite make it.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

And the game is afoot! Come on, Storyteller! Where's your awesome Storytelling Scumhunting skills?

Registered
    Feb 2009

OMG! Wut wut indeed! The game is blowing me away!
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Feb 2009

I am deceaseified. Woe is me.
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison

Registered
    Feb 2009

Who is Lucifer? I thought Ulla was the only sub.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Winston Smith, in the mafia thread
    I think somebody's trying to pull some meta-game mind-fuck on me, or set me up. Either way, not cool. I reported the post.
    No, he didn't.
    No cage, thank you. I'm a human being.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Delurking to say that this is the first mafia game I've ever watched and it's exciting and confusing all in one. I have no idea what's going on but it looks like fun.

/back to lurking

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

So...the correct play here is to lynch neither PCM or Winston. I find it very interesting that players like Chucara haven't been called on voting for PCM yet.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Did winston say he hasn't lynched a townie yet???

What am i? Chopped Liver?

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

and story is right... the GA should claim and self protect.... I didn't even think about that idea.....

Registered
    Feb 2009

Did winston say he hasn't lynched a townie yet???

What am i? Chopped Liver?
    Nope, Doggie Chow.

This has just got interesting.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Ooh, and he may just have stepped in it now...

Quote Originally posted by Winston Smith
    I have investigated the following players:

Story, Night 1; result: TOWN (Mason)
    Boozy, Night 2; result: TOWN
    HostileDilect, last night; result: TOWN
    And now:

Quote Originally posted by Winston Smith
    I was highly suspicious of him, and was very vocal about it. I investigated him, and although I did not announce his alignment I made it a point to let him (and everyone else) know that I believed he was town. You may recall it almost got me lynched, so I tried to back off it a little bit. Likewise, I was suspicious of Revenent Threshold, and investigated him, but after all the poo you monkeys flung at me over 'snuggling' Story I didn't want to do it again with Rev, so I just dropped it.
    This might turn interesting.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

At this point... I think Story and Town are screwed.
    I think they're gonna maybe come down to the final Alpha, and mislynch.

I have no faith in the town (since their last action was... lynching ME).
    Especially since Winston just said- I COULD have "proved I was town" by switching the votes and FORCING a tie. JUST HOW would that be Townie? I'm curious to hear the logic of THAT one.....
    All that does is give the Wolves a free NK, and then I look EVEN Scummier the next Day.

-_-
    I know who I'd lynch toDay.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Claptree
    Ooh, and he may just have stepped in it now...
    I wonder how WS is gonna react.

Man this game is awsome to watch!

Registered
    Mar 2009

That's a pretty weak excuse. Maybe the town can pull this off after all, though it's still tight.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Ah.... The Zuma Strategy! ALWAYS a classic! Maybe he'll vote Top Dog next to fully cap it off!

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Aaaand did anyone NOT see this coming?

The Game is Afoot. Again.

At least now there's potentially upto 3 wolves out there ripe for the picking. Will the town be able to 50-50 each one in the correct order THIS CLOSE to LYLO?

I'm not holding my breath. And there's the whole business of the Alpha Wolf too... So basically it's gonna be 3-4 GREAT CASES OF WIFOM. Boozy you make the Pasta and the main course, i'll whip up a Salad and some breadsticks, because the Town is bringing the WINE to this Game!

So... who thinks they'll get the correct lynches? How many of the 50-50's out there? (There are potentially at least 3 50-50's the Town's gotta deal with + maybe one more) (Correct SEER (though Winston's trying to disprove that one easily), Correct GA now, and then also finding the Alpha, and the WIFOM of PCM's Chucara Call- basically is PCM the seer or not), so... who thinks the Town can Run the gauntlet?

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

And there's the BONUS WIFOM: Who does the Real GA protect tonight?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I need to be spoiled, because I've not followed the game 'tall.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

No!

Don't spoil yourself! It's WAY more fun not knowing I think. You can post your WIFOM guesses before ya get spoiled. Who's the Real Seer/GA/Alpha? And who would you protect if you were the REAL GA?

This is the sorta thing I love to hear from the non-spoiled about!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Ok, I can safely say this game just hit clusterfuck status.

Wow, this looks like fun.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Question:
    [spoiler:mzmtt2o7](If there were 4 Wolves, and they all just straight out voted as a Block, they'd pretty much be able to force a mislynch- would that be Game? Since this Town has been letting people be hanged by 3 votes at times.... =()[/spoiler:mzmtt2o7]

Registered
    Feb 2009

Question:
    Answer: Pretty much Yes. Although if the town let that happen, they deserve it.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

It's over then.

*grumblegrumble* Stupid "if he was town, he could have just tied the votes at the last second*grumblegrumble*

Registered
    Mar 2009

Boozy you make the Pasta and the main course, i'll whip up a Salad and some breadsticks, because the Town is bringing the WINE to this Game!
    Boozy, you make the main courses, while I whip up a salad. Boozy, you handle the inmates, while I make up the crazy rules... Anybody else see this as a distinctly one-sided marriage between the Rooshinator and I?

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit
    Ok, I can safely say this game just hit clusterfuck status.

Wow, this looks like fun.
    The scum have certainly made this game ridiculously interesting. Either false-claiming early, and terrorizing the newbie Power Roles, or coming in late with some vast last-minute WIFOM, or a combination of the two... wow. WInston's claim, ofcourse, brings to mind his claim from the very first Mafia game... same set-up as this,and Winston as a Vanilla Townie up on the chopping block with a few hours left to go before his mislynch, and a desperate gamble by claiming Mason.

While it ended up ensuring his mislynch that first time, I could at least see some pro-Town motives for it. Had he not been counterclaimed, he knew at least that there was the possibility of forestalling a mislynch in exchange for a possible hit on a Wolf. Had he been nightkilled by the Wolves (who would have believed his Mason claim), he would have saved the town from losing a real power role in the night. Worst case scenario there was that the town mislynch him a day later, when he was already going to die. Yeah, it probably would have meant two mislynchesfor the price of one, but everyone was new, then.

In this case...fake claiming Seer in order to pressure someone he has a hunch about... it's anact of desperation born out of a mind that's probabaly a bit too wrapped up in this game for his own good. If he's a Wolf, I bet he's cackling with glee. If he's actually vanilla town... its probably best if he didn't play again. This sort of thing, at this time, will ruin the game for everyone on the Town side, and takes out the dangers of an endgame for the Scum. Even if he's having fun, it's a really shitty thing to do to everyone else.

That being said, if Winston is Vanilla Town, I'd pay good money to see a webcam broadcast from story's house as he read's Cat's reveal.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Ya know... I hope the Town lynches Winston just on the principle that even if he's Town he should be punished for it.
    That's a VERY Old school Rooshian Thing to do- if someone's being foolish, they gotta face the Noose sometimes (Sorry Bear- even though my vote wasn't teh deciding vote (Which is why I made it- if it was closer, I wouldn't have hopped, and I woulda stayed on Hostile, but noone was seeing my points...), I pretty much had a Townie Read on ya at the end there... but I didn't like the way you were going down and I figured we could take the hit... plus it was funny to me).

It's just like the Classic "lynching Dotchan for information" tactic. If I can't tell what Dotchan is- I'd rather just kill her and read what she comes up as.... If she's townie... oops, but at least we know she's NOT scum. And the one game she was scum... I was scum and STILL wanted to lynch her for info. The Town found me out, killed me, and then didn't mess with Dotchan and she won the showdown at the end. Just goes to show ya- the Town shoulda listened to me the whole time, even when I'm scum I'm Town.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Just a Note: Fisheroo, you were doing so well in your first game, really impressive and I hope you play these things again in the future.

But some constructive criticism (maybe Story'll point it out later IN the game) for you post game: [spoiler:3d28h2nx]But your Post 949 was filled with TERRIBLE Mafia plays. More specifically ALL of your strategic advice to PCM if in good faith there would do nothing to benefit the Town if that's your goal. After this game, you should def. go back and take a look at that post and think about it for future games. It's a learning experience and you're doing fine- just noticing WHY that post isn't a good one though will def. help step your game up to lethal levels. I'd say more but I don't wanna reveal anything- but def. worth going back and revisiting this Post in the future so you can see what's up with your ideas.[/spoiler:3d28h2nx]

Registered
    Feb 2009

My biggest problem is going to be writing an appropriate lynch scene for the end of the day.

Hmm, I have a cunning plan. :twisted:

Registered
    Feb 2009

So, for anyone who is interested.

The "I need a Death Scene" Challenge

Let's see what the creative juices of the Domers can write. Feel free to join in.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Is the death scene needed for the lynch after today's (ahem) interesting developments... get sorted out? Or for the wolfy tearing and shredding bit that follows shortly thereafter?

Sorry, I'm still rereading the last bits of play in complete confusion.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

So uh.... is Winston Modkilled?

Whoops never mind. He's banned, but he's not really banned. Just got caught up.
    Back to the regularly scheduled double think.

Registered
    Feb 2009

No, Winston Smith has not been modkilled, although for some of his actions sock posting I was sorely tempted.

I need something cathartic for if/when he is killed .

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Spoiler (mouseover to read):
    Ya know... I'm really nervous about this 3-4 Lynch.

If Chucara wanted to, all he'd have to do is vote for himself and he'd force a tie and he'd save himself. Which is perhaps the most BADASS and AWESOME way to get out of a lynch. Would you allow that CAIS? Or is self-voting suicide not allowed?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Hey all, if anyone is interested in watching the new game that I am running with Kat over on idlemafia.com, it is going to start up in the next few hours. We have some cool mechanics going on in this one, including a recruitment sytem that I think works without being game breaking. Good stuff. Head on over. We have a spoiler board if anyone wants to watch spoiled.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Allow it Roosh, I am virtually expecting it. :!:

So Kid V needs to sub out, is there any brave soul who would like to finish the game off in his place.?

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Damn, and she's been reading my thoughts.... :gulp:

+ Reply to thread