+ Reply to thread

Thread: City of Heroes: Issue 14

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default City of Heroes: Issue 14

The next issue of City of Heroes will include a feature called Mission Architect, which will allow players to design their own original missions and story arcs to share with other players. More info found here:

http://www.cityofheroes.com/news/game_u ... rview.html

I used to DM old school AD&D back in the day, and I've been wanting to get back into creating adventures. It sounds like this feature will provide an interface to handle all the bytes and pixels and such, leaving the designer to concentrate on the storyline, enemies, objectives, etc. I assume it will be available on Red Side as well as Blue Side. Not sure if we'll be allowed to insert our own toons as NPCs....

Anyone else looking forward to trying their hand at mission design?
    Valete,
    Vox Imperatoris

Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
    Blümchen—My Avatar
    Last.fm Pandora Political Compass
    Mentes Liberae et Mercat?s Liberi

I be an retarded Zombies! At the Window!'s avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: City of Heroes: Issue 14

*twitch*

I don't have the time or the money to get back into an MMORPG - hie thee away with your temptation foul demon!
    Aka: Sierra Indigo

Registered
    Feb 2009

I was SUCH a CoH fangirl, but then the people I played with moved on to other games and I was left roaming the streets by myself and now my favorite character has been deleted. Oh, Muninn, my illusion controller, how I miss you!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Oakminster
    Not sure if we'll be allowed to insert our own toons as NPCs....
    I'm guessing no but since you can make NPCs in a way similar to the character creator I'm sure we can make exact copies of them - assuming the NPC creator allows you to adjust the toon's level and gives you access to capes and such.

I can't wait for Issue 14. I've stopped playing CoX in favor of EvE for a while but I'm jumping back when this goes out.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Julie
    I was SUCH a CoH fangirl, but then the people I played with moved on to other games and I was left roaming the streets by myself and now my favorite character has been deleted. Oh, Muninn, my illusion controller, how I miss you!
    Did you delete your own toon, or what? If you just stopped playing, the toon is still there, available for play as soon as you re-subscribe to the game. If it was actually deleted...it may be possible to get a GM to restore it, depending on how long ago it was....
    Valete,
    Vox Imperatoris

Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
    Blümchen—My Avatar

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Oakminster
    Did you delete your own toon, or what? If you just stopped playing, the toon is still there, available for play as soon as you re-subscribe to the game. If it was actually deleted...it may be possible to get a GM to restore it, depending on how long ago it was....
    I resubscribed and all of my characters were gone and the names were in use by other people.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

That's odd. Did you reactivate your old account, or buy a new account? There is something in the naming policy about characters below a certain level losing naming rights after a certain period of inactivity. Guessing it doesn't apply to accounts with at least 1 level 50 toon, because I quit paying for about 18 months. When I returned, all my toons were still there, names intact. I did lose whatever I had on the auction house, but that was all. You may want to contact customer service by email/telephone, or petition in game to see if you could get your toons back...as long as you reactivated the old account.
    Valete,
    Vox Imperatoris

Blümchen—My Avatar

+ Reply to thread