+ Reply to thread

Thread: Anyone else looking forward to Burn Notice?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Anyone else looking forward to Burn Notice?

Except of course for the whole 'season ending' thing. There's so little that I watch nowdays of current stuff, I can hardly get all the jokes on The SOup, 'cause I'm like "who the hell is speidi?" I tend to only watch truly trashy tv (more to annoy my husband and for the whole trainwreck thing) but I absolutely love this show. Loved Jeffrey Donavan when he was in the other USA networky thing, too (can you tell I'm the uberfan?)
    Don't let it be forgot / That once there was a spot / For one brief, shining moment / That was known as Camelot.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Anyone else looking forward to Burn Notice?

I liked Burn Notice from the beginning. Perhaps because some of the plotlines remind me of the Travis McGee books, the way Mike Westin helps other people who are in trouble. And I'm a big Bruce Campbell fan.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Burn Notice is totally awesome. Just lighthearted, cheesy fun. I love Bruce Campbell and the wacky spy shenanigans.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Yea, Bruce is fun, eye candy Donovan is fun, light hearted explosions and stuff, fun.
    Don't let it be forgot / That once there was a spot / For one brief, shining moment / That was known as Camelot.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

And wacky chain-smoking mom! She's a hoot.

Not to mention the pretty pretty Dodge Charger. I do love a pretty black car ...

Registered
    Feb 2009

I love Burn Notice, after Battlestar Galactica it's my favorite show.
    "And I hope I don't get born again, 'cuz one time was enough!" -- Mark Sandman

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

And after tonights, no new episodes for ?? how long??? when did they start chopping up tv seasons so you couldn't predict when stuff was going to be new again? Hmm?? Did they ask my opinion? they did not!

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

It seems like it's a cable network thing - they break up seasons into two 13 episode chunks and air them at odd times. I've noticed it with shows like Psych and Eureka as well.

I like the practice - it means there's usually new episodes of something airing even in the summer.

+ Reply to thread