+ Reply to thread

Thread: Will McConnell et al. push Snowe/Collins/Specter out?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Will McConnell et al. push Snowe/Collins/Specter out?

Damn, the titles are short here. Anyway, we saw how pissed a lot of Republicans got when Snowe, Collins, and Specter voted for cloture on the stimulus bill. If they continue on this path (which Specter, at least, pretty much has to do in an increasingly blue Pennsylvania), will McConnell cut off his nose to spite his face and boot one or more from the caucus?

On a related note, will McConnell play chicken with Bunning? For those who are not aware, Bunning has threatened to resign (and thereby let Steve Beshear, the Democratic Governor of Kentucky appoint his replacement), if McConnell doesn't stop pushing him to retire or looking for someone to primary him. Bunning is probably just that crazy, but there's no way he can be reelected, especially with his anemic fundraising. What say you?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Will McConnell et al. push Snowe/Collins/Specter out?

Is McConnell one of those "we need to be even MORE conservative" type Republicans? Is anyone but Limbaugh pushing a Republican agenda? Do the Republicans have anything but Not a Democrat in their party platform?

Serious questions. But the biggest question I have is-- who is running the party? Rush may have the biggest mouth but he does not set the agenda He's not even part of the Rep organization. Is it Steele and the new Bling Bling party? Obstructionists like McConnell? Old glory days Newt? Who is pulling the strings?
    WTF did I just say?

Registered
    Feb 2009

He might play chicken with Bunning, but I don't think he's enough of a damned fool to try to drive Snowe, Collins, and Specter away. There's a reason they call themselves Republican, isn't there?

Biggirl, I don't know who's running the party. After Steele apologized to Limbaugh, it makes it all clear as mud.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Julie
    Biggirl, I don't know who's running the party. After Steele apologized to Limbaugh, it makes it all clear as mud.
    Here's how you'd find the answer, I think. Who told Steele (and Gingrey) to apologize? That's the person or persons who are running things. Unless the both of them took it upon themselves. Then it's Rush.
    WTF did I just say?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Biggirl
    Quote Originally posted by Julie
    Here's how you'd find the answer, I think. Who told Steele (and Gingrey) to apologize? That's the person or persons who are running things. Unless the both of them took it upon themselves. Then it's Rush.
    $10 says that Rush complained about it on his show, and told his listeners to call them and complain. Which they did, like loyal little lemmings, and Steele and Gingrey yielded to the pressure.

And dammit, while it's nice to see that at this rate, Democrats won't have any trouble keeping a majority, we need at least two strong parties. One-party rule is not trustworthy for long if that party isn't challenged. Of course, to hear Reid tell it, McConnell has more power than he does.

+ Reply to thread