+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What do you do?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: What do you do?

I'm a business analyst working with the SAP system. For fun I follow Bolton Wanderers, I play pub league and online poker, I read and I play RPG computer games.

Registered
    Mar 2009

For a living, I approve grants.

For fun, I play golf and watch my daughters play sports - basketball, softball, swim team, golf, etc.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by jekake03
    I want one. I need $1,000,000 to study the social dynamic of internet message boards.

Registered
    Mar 2009

For a living, IT security. Been all around the field, started in firewall, and IDS, then moving into unix secuirty, laptop encryption, and now I'm working in anti-virus work. Interesting field, and not much threat of off-shoring, which is a bonus in IT.

For fun... video games. Video games. and more video games. I even watch the occasional movie in between games. I don't like to think about how much money I've spent on this hobby over the years. I'm just glad that I found a significant other that understands

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Q.E.D.
    Quote Originally posted by jekake03
    I want one. I need $1,000,000 to study the social dynamic of internet message boards.
    Send it in and I'll take a look at it. No promises.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Paid employment : I treat cancer patients.

Out of the office: I enjoy reading (just about anything, but particularly sci-fi/fantasy and historical fiction), took up quilting as a hobby about 3 years ago, love exploring new places and am trying to enjoy exercise (it's not really working though). I started taking horseback riding lessons about 7 months ago, along with my elementary school age son. I enjoy cooking but am currently frustrated because that same son reacts to any new food/dish with " I'm too scared to try that".

Never understood my husband's (and so many other people's) taste for beer but wine is simply sublime ...

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

For money: I'm a molecular biologist at a biotech company. Right now my job involves testing samples (serum, etc) that are taken from patients enrolled in clinical trials of our drugs to make sure they aren't building antibodies to the complex protein molecules.

For fun: downhill skiing, birdwatching, make my own beer and mead, follow NFL and major league baseball, and watch mainstream movies. I have a nine year old son which is a hobby in itself.

+ Reply to thread