+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crafters! Reveal your current projects!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Crafters! Reveal your current projects!

Quote Originally posted by MissTake
    A few weeks ago I finally finished the last Teresa Wentzler's Carousel Horses for all seasons - I had finished three, but Winter was languishing. This is the summer one - not the one I did though. Done on 20 count (over 1) winter white aida. They all turned out purdy.
    I started a Teresa Wentzler pattern once, but I never finished it. All those blended colors (mixing two different color threads on your needle) drove me crazy. Her stuff is really pretty, though. Maybe I should get it out and finish it now that I have more experience.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    The Biggest Little City in the World (Sort of)

Let's see.

I need to sew the shoulder seams on my EZ Adult Surprise Jacket.

I'm about 3/5 of the way through a Book Colors Ravenclaw scarf for myself.

I just started a "Plain Vanilla Customized-by-you Pullover."

I'm almost 200 rows in to a Labyrinth Shawl.

And I just picked up two lace projects and a sweater from the latest issue of Knitty.
    Aunt Em - Hate you, hate Kansas, took the dog - Dorothy.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

The braiding experiment. I like it but I think I can make some improvements.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/B ... pearl1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/B ... idside.jpg
    WTF did I just say?

Registered
    Mar 2009

I've got three WIPs right now - a cabled hat that I rarely get to work on (the pattern is a challenge for me -- in a good way -- so it requires focus. I have a toddler, so focus is not something I have a lot of.), a shawl, and a beaded bracelet. The shawl gets the most attention, but the bracelet should go quickly now that I have the 1700 beads strung onto the yarn (THAT was tedious!).

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Update for April.

Cooper's cot quilt
    There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes. - Doctor Who

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    The Biggest Little City in the World (Sort of)

I have almost finished the EZ surprise jacket. However, it is too big and I need to do something about the neck (I'm not worried about the too-bigness, except for the whole falling off my neck thing. Which sort of defeats the purpose of it as a lounging jacket).

I have also almost finished the "Plain Vanilla Customized By You Pullover" I have made a mental note: the next time I decide to try to pick up new skills I'm not going to use black yarn. What was I thinking? (oh, right. I was thinking that I had enough yarn to make a sweater without having to buy more. That's what I was thinking.)

I still am working on the labyrinth shawl. I have another page and a half of written instructions (I just don't work well from charts) to go before I reach the halfway point. I also am still working on my book colors Ravenclaw scarf, and I have the yarn to start Decimal when I finish with the Surprise Jacket and the PBCBYP, although I have to figure out how to adjust the waist shaping on Decimal for me, since I'm very high-waisted.

Maggenpie, that's really nice. I'd love to learn to quilt someday, but I'm not sure I'd have the patience for it.
    Aunt Em - Hate you, hate Kansas, took the dog - Dorothy.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I am currently knitting a sock. Specifically this sock, though I did not knit those. Only mine will look more like these, because I'm using that same yarn. It's kind of teal-ish, for all that Knitpicks calls it Woodland Sage.

No progress on sewing front, though I do have one lovely wool stocking knitted that is entirely inappropriate for summer wear. So, really, I have done negative work.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm not a crafter myself; as a musician, my greatest creations hurtle and spin forth into the living room air, or maybe into a club sparsely filled with indifferent people, never to be heard again. Ephemeral, unless it's on CD.

However, OneCentBetterHalf is a knitter from way back, and has recently made me many cute and comfy things. Such as socks and a hat. She's recently gotten into sculpting too, raku as well as traditional Western style. And she takes nice pictures of such things as she knits or throws (her other hobby is photography). If she allows me, I will put up pix of some of the lovely things with which she fills our home.
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

+ Reply to thread