+ Reply to thread

Thread: As Seen On TV-now there's a website!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default As Seen On TV-now there's a website!

Snuggies! Fasta Pastas! Micro Fiber Miracle Cloth

Now you can find all the HILARIOUSLY bad and stupid products out there! All made for people who are too stupid to cook pasta, find a robe-or their own assholes with both hands and a flashlight!
    "At Pottery Barn, if you knock over a lamp, you have to glue it back together, even if when you're done it looks terrible and it doesn't work. Oh, and you have to stay in the store forever. Oh, and it's an exploding lamp. "
    -Stephen Colbert

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: As Seen On TV-now there's a website!

Snuggies are my favourite at the moment. That commercial with the family at the football game, looking like Satan worshippers in a low-budget horror movie... comedy gold.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

This is nothing new. I remember seeing that website around, like, five years ago, if not more.

Quote Originally posted by Rube E. Tewesday
    Snuggies are my favourite at the moment. That commercial with the family at the football game, looking like Satan worshippers in a low-budget horror movie... comedy gold.
    I know! Who the hell would actually go out in public in one of those?

I must admit, though, the idea of having one or two around at home is kind of appealing. I mean, I am always getting irritated at having to choose between dexterity and total blanket coverage...
    Every dialect is a language, but not every language is a dialect. - Einar Haugen

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Hostile Dialect
    I must admit, though, the idea of having one or two around at home is kind of appealing. I mean, I am always getting irritated at having to choose between dexterity and total blanket coverage...
    But what's the benefit of a Snuggie over a nice, big fuzzy robe?

Registered
    Feb 2009

I know it's been around-but it's fun to browse, and I wanted to word it like they do in the commercials.

Yay! I can just sit on my ass and get a six pack in just TWO WEEKS!!!
    "At Pottery Barn, if you knock over a lamp, you have to glue it back together, even if when you're done it looks terrible and it doesn't work. Oh, and you have to stay in the store forever. Oh, and it's an exploding lamp. "
    -Stephen Colbert

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Orual
    Quote Originally posted by Hostile Dialect
    Because Snuggies make you look like a member of the Polyphonic Spree. So if you get one and wear it in public, you, too, can look like you belong in an indie pop group.
    There is more than one way to burn a book. And the world is full of people running about with lit matches. -- Ray Bradbury's "Coda"

Registered
    Mar 2009

A lot of infomercial crap can be bought at Walgreens. Saw Shamwows, that bonding/glue shit from that Billy Mays guy, PedEggs, etc there. Didn't see Snuggies but I only walked straight to the front register, all the things I mentioned were in the front of the store. They also have a "Seen on TV" section at Walgreens, at least around here.

I like going to the infomercialratings site and see what products are actually crappy.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by MsRobyn
    Quote Originally posted by Orual
    Because Snuggies make you look like a member of the Polyphonic Spree. So if you get one and wear it in public, you, too, can look like you belong in an indie pop group.
    You know, it's nice to see that the cult Thulsa Doom still has followers ...

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by myskepticsight
    Didn't see Snuggies but I only walked straight to the front register, all the things I mentioned were in the front of the store.
    I saw Snuggies at the Wal-Greens near me. My mother really wants one; I think I'll get it for her for Mother's Day.
    I'm not good at the advice. Can I offer you a sarcastic comment instead?

+ Reply to thread