+ Reply to thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: WISH LIST

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: WISH LIST

Quote Originally posted by McNutty
    Out of curiosity, I just took a look at the sizes of the mysql data files for the privmsg-related tables, and they add up to a mere 4.6MB. So I doubt doubling the limits is a big deal.
    Thank you McNutty, I should have PM'd you immediately when I did it but I got distracted by a phone call.

Quote Originally posted by Vox Imperatoris
    So can it just be changed to infinite, or a million or something?
    No, but McNutty would be the one to say how much bigger. As it is we are now allowing the storage of up to 1200 PMs in the various folders. InBox/Sent and up to 4 you can create.

Quote Originally posted by beebs
    How about a chess forum? There's one over at Fathom that I've enjoyed (see here). Even though I usually get my ass handed to me I still enjoy playing with a couple different folks.
    I'm more than willing to have a sub-forum, but is it needed? Why can't there just be threads in Games and Sports? (A question only, I am not shooting down the idea, I really am willing if CRSP does not mind.)

Stegodon
    Registered
    May 2009

Could these three styles be considered as a replacement for unloved styles, maybe? Please? Or ones like them? Such nice blues on two of them!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Zabigail
    Could these three styles be considered as a replacement for unloved styles, maybe? Please? Or ones like them? Such nice blues on two of them!
    I'm sorry, but as per CRSP, we have no plans to add or change styles. We have 4 we are supporting and have left Black Pearl out there for now unsupported.

Note: If we did add a style it would have to be closely based on Prosilver or Subsilver2.

Registered
    Feb 2009

If you're still supporting proDark, have you looked into this?

Quote Originally posted by kk fusion
    Can you remove spaces from the front page of proDark such that its layout is more like prosilver? I'd like the forum list to fit on a single screen at 1024x768.

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Can we have that feature from the other place where we could link to all the threads we've started?
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by ivan astikov
    Can we have that feature from the other place where we could link to all the threads we've started?
    I made one just for you Ivan, search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=ivan+astikov &sc=1&sf=firstpost&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=500 &t=0&submit=Search

Use it once and add it as a shortcut.

Registered
    Feb 2009

[quote=What Exit?][quote="ivan astikov":1kual4xv]Can we have that feature from the other place where we could link to all the threads we've started?[/quote]
    I made one just for you Ivan, [url="http://domebo.net/forum/search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=ivan+astikov &sc=1&sf=firstpost&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=500 &t=0&submit=Search"]search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=ivan+astikov &sc=1&sf=firstpost&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=500 &t=0&submit=Search[/url]

Use it once and add it as a shortcut.[/quote:1kual4xv]

Awwwww! You've gone and made me feel all special and listened to! Nobody heeded my moaning at the other place. Bastards!
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Registered
    Apr 2009

Any chance of allowing embedded flash files, like:

or

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L1uKRo1SqBQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L1uKRo1SqBQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

As on some other forums.

Upside is the ability to watch the videos without chasing a link/opening a new tab.
    Downside ?
    Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myglaren
    Downside ?
    The ability to insert all sorts of obnoxious shit which runs code, tracks the cursor, screws with focus, does extra network requests, brings things to a crawl, has potential security holes and sometimes crashes your browser.

I don't even see the upside as an upside. People get annoyed when you link to a video without labeling it as a link to a video, even if they have to click on it. Imagine if the video was just right there in your post. With auto-play, no less.

I vote an emphatic no.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myglaren
    Any chance of allowing embedded flash files, like:

or

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L1uKRo1SqBQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L1uKRo1SqBQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

As on some other forums.

Upside is the ability to watch the videos without chasing a link/opening a new tab.
    Downside ?
    I'm sorrry, but I don't believe there is any chance of this being allowed.

Registered
    Apr 2009

OK.
    Appreciate that there could be security issues.
    I do use it on certain other boards and they don't appear to have a problem.

(Yet).

As far as the labeling goes, all that I have seen have the title and artist visible on the still shot that is there before you click the 'play' arrow.
    Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill

Registered
    Feb 2009

Yup, the JREF forum seems to handle embeds with no problem that I've ever heard of. The board is certainly far more stable than the Dope, and seems just as stable as this place. Check it out..

Registered
    Feb 2009

So, how are we doing on an option that allows people to shut off pictures in Chat?

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Just because another board does it and doesn't have any problems yet doesn't mean it's safe or a good idea. It might just mean the only people having problems don't know it's because of the flash and thus aren't complaining about it. There was recently a security vulnerability in the flash player that is exploitable if you visit pages which are allowed to have arbitrary flash embeds on them. Looking at youtube videos or reputable sites that use flash widgets is one thing, but I try not to visit sites where just anyone can embed any SWF of their choosing. The JREF forum is apparently just waiting for some bad guys to drop a malicious flash embed that compromises people who don't have the latest flash player. I'll pass.

ETA: Info on the recent vulnerability. The magic words which strike fear into the hearts of security nerds are "arbitrary code execution". Means real bad.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by featherlou
    So, how are we doing on an option that allows people to shut off pictures in Chat?
    Honestly we're not. I've been too busy with other things to look at it. For now the work around is to turn of images before chatting in the UCP if you don't want to see the chat images.

I will try to get back to the chat mods soon.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

*sigh*

All right, I'll do it. Email the chat scripts and I'll email back a mod to do that. No, I don't want a login; no I won't put the mod in place and no, I'm not interested in fixing anything else.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Is someone twisting your arm? Were you even asked? What's with the martyr act?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Q.E.D.
    *sigh*

All right, I'll do it. Email the chat scripts and I'll email back a mod to do that. No, I don't want a login; no I won't put the mod in place and no, I'm not interested in fixing anything else.
    Is someone twisting your arm? Were you even asked? What's with the martyr act?
    Actually I think the proper response was, "Thank you Q.E.D., I'll send the mod link over to you, but I don't have access to the actual files currently and won't until tomorrow at the soonest. Maybe CRSP can send them over."

Why be hostile to someone willing to help out. You sound like someone that works at another board I know.

Seriously, he is probably frustrated that I haven't had time to make the mod or even look at it much. I appreciate the offer very much. This is a busy time of year for me.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit?
    Seriously, he is probably frustrated that I haven't had time to make the mod or even look at it much.
    Indeed; that is all. I have the link you sent me and I'll get on it tonight after work. If there's any mods you've made to the chat scripts already, do let me know so I can incorporate them. That way no one has to do double work.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Why be hostile to someone willing to help out.
    *shrug* It looked to me like I was responding to hostility.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Why be hostile to someone willing to help out.
    *shrug* It looked to me like I was responding to hostility.
    Oh, you might not know Q.E.D. very well yet. He is often grumpy, but that was far from his hostile. When he is hostile there is no doubt about, he is not passive-aggressive at all. I have him on my friends list here and I have been on the receiving end of his hostile.

+ Reply to thread