+ Reply to thread

Thread: Holy Guacamole !!

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Holy Guacamole !!

Hubby just brought me a snowball !! It's snowing !!!

: thud :
    This message brought to you by NinetyWt, the Queen of Lubricants™.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: Holy Guacamole !!

I'm sitting here waiting on it. In fact, I'm going downstairs to refresh the bourbon and check outside now...
    Something witty and just obscure enough to make you think I'm cool.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

It's just a light dusting, here. Evidently Hubby had to harvest every molecue of it off of my car to make that one snowball !!

I'm just glad I'm not out on the road with those nuts who freak out when it snows. *shudder*

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Yep, it's snowing! It is mostly just dusting here too. I can't wait to see it when it's done.

I did make the point earlier tonight that I live in the south so I don't have to put up with shit like this. I think this light cover will get me through the next few years just fine, thank you very much.

And yes, we did buy milk and bread today. I envision everyone in warmer climes lasting out days in a freak snowstorm eating milk and bread because that's all we are programmed to by when the snow hits.

Extra batteries? Nope, got milk.
    Weather radio? Nope, got bread.
    Toilet paper? Nope, use the bread.
    Blankets, firewood, canned goods, pack of cards? We'll be fine. We got our milk and bread.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm hopong it isn't going to start snowing any time soon. However, the weather didn't look good.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Believe it or not, a few snowflakes survived the night.

Here is the evidence !!

:mrgreen:

(Oh, btw, links here open a new window. Use the browser button to return to the thread.)

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Very nice! We are just coming in from playing in the snow and I just finished thawing out my kid-cicles. If I can figure out how to get the pictures off my phone I'll post them. We had a bit more than you but not much.

I heard it snowed on the coast.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by NinetyWt
    It's snowing !!!
    Points at NinetyWt...[NelsonMuntz]HA-ha![/NelsonMuntz] Really, now, you call that snow? That just makes me sad. We were supposed to get a little snow yesterday, but the jet stream took it further south than anticipated (hence your little dusting). We got about as much as you did, being on the northern fringe of the event, but I just told my nephew it didn't really snow at all here. He and his buddy are coming out to work on his Dodge. It is a little chilly though. I just took out the trash and the thermometer in the tree indicates 21 degrees. It's nice and sunny though.
    WTF did I just say?

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by 3acres
    Really, now, you call that snow? That just makes me sad.
    We have to take what we can get. This is kind of late in the season for us - usually we get these little snow flurries in January.

Is that a K-car? People still have those ?

Oh yeah - it's up to 33 degrees now. The snow is melting like mad.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by NinetyWt
    Is that a K-car? People still have those ?
    Hmmph, K-car indeed! I know guys who'd really take umbrage at that K-car reference and insist that you should use the proper terminology: it's an AA-chassis vehicle. But I always laugh and say, "You bet it's a K-car!! Every car Chrysler made back then was a K-car!". But it's a screamin', turbocharged intercooled twin-cam 225-horsepower K-car, one of 434 white R/Ts made in 1991.
    WTF did I just say?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Waiting for the snow to start here. Supposedly we are getting 3-6 inches, but I'll believe it when I see it. It's still around 40 degrees.
    Open the airlocks and jettison the penguins!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I've had enough snow so far this season, thanks. Places in the UP are measuring over twenty feet, but there's only the odd dozen or so folks up there so I'm sure they're fine.

I'm not sure I wouldn't take the snow back if it meant climbing back up into the thirties at least, this bitter cold stuff sucks!
    Science flies you to the moon; religion flies you into buildings.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Yep, s'posed to get 3-7 inches here in NC tonight. I just hate it. I think it goes back to my Mississippi days when just had wood heat, so had to stay up all night to keep the pipes from freezing. I still go into that mode now, can't help it, and stay up all night by an deep ingrained habit.

BTW, Ninety Wt, my hon is down there and spent good time with Atomic Mama on the blues trail this weekend. Did you get to see her, too? She's a great gal!

I loved snow growing up in Maine, but now I'm all freaked out about it. Sheesh.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by vrilles
    BTW, Ninety Wt, my hon is down there and spent good time with Atomic Mama on the blues trail this weekend. Did you get to see her, too? She's a great gal!
    Aha! You are ellelle then ? (I prolly mis-spelled that)

Yes, I saw Atomic Mama briefly - she blew thru Jackson around 4 pm that Tuesday, and we had a bite to eat at Primo's, the new one out on Lakeland. She had some kind of fish & shrimp. I had a cup of gumbo. She also bought two lemon squares to take with. She said she got some wonderful photos of the Windsor ruins in Natchez.

That reminds me, I should PM Juliana over on the other board.

Registered
    Mar 2009

See,this is what I really miss about Mississippi and NoLa, too... you talk about meeting someone, than go into nice detail about exactly what they ate, cuz that sets the whole stage.... not quite like that everywhere else, even in NC.

Now, it's icing and snowing here.Shit and shinola, I'm going to be up all night, stupidly freaking out because of the big 70 foot oak tree that Duke Power butchered to NOT get on their power lines, but *will* topple right on the house due to the lopsided half-assed job they did.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Heavenly day! I sure hope that tree doesn't fall!

I hear ya on the food thing. What was it Miss Eudora said? "In the south, people eat all the time. That's the way they mark an occasion." We hafta mention the food - it's part of the experience.

I was in a thread on the other board about birthday parties, and someone remarked that they had never invited folks over to their house because "why would they want to come to my house?" which I found just fascinating, and so opposite of how Mississippi is. You gotta come in and accept at least a glass of water, or you'll never hear the end of it!

+ Reply to thread